PDA

View Full Version : Whiners/Excuses

andicap
07-09-2002, 08:12 AM
http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/190/sports/Macho_Uno_wasn_t_quite_up_to_speed+.shtml

Trainer blames biased track for Macho Uno losing Suburban.

Maybe if they hadn't let E Dubai get away with a 48/change and 112.4 pace, he wouldn't have gone wire-to-wire. Orseno's whine: the track was biased sounds like a six-year-old's pout of "That's not fair!"

What I found Sunday at Belmont is that with a realistic pace many track biases become honest racetracks.

so.cal.fan
07-09-2002, 11:20 AM
I TOTALLY agree with you, andicap!
I am amazed at how often we hear this!
I hear good horseman and handicappers at Hollywood Park
complaining about "THE BIAS" for all their failures or even almost winners! It gets to be ridiculous, because the facts just don't validate their claims.
If three good horses get easy leads on the rail the first two or three races...........people are screaming "INSIDE BIAS", and of course anything they bet that had to finish on the outside or even the middle of the track was "killed by the bias"
BS

cj
07-09-2002, 11:47 AM
At least he didn't rely on the old "it was a cuppy racetrack"! Has any horse ever loved a cuppy track?

CJ

ranchwest
07-09-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
At least he didn't rely on the old "it was a cuppy racetrack"! Has any horse ever loved a cuppy track?

CJ

One in each race. Ha!

so.cal.fan
07-09-2002, 12:04 PM
You guys are great! I have always said "handicappers are the smartest people around."
It is a good thing you guys don't own horses, the excuses the trainers give, would NEVER fly! LOL

rrbauer
07-09-2002, 12:14 PM
so.cal.fan wrote:

It is a good thing you guys don't own horses, the excuses the trainers give, would NEVER fly!

Comment: Yeah, but I bet there would be a whole new list of excuses!
:)

Figman
07-09-2002, 12:22 PM
Did someone say trainers and "track surfaces."
http://www.sunspot.net/templates/misc/printstory.jsp?slug=bal%2Dte%2Emd%2Etrack09jul09

so.cal.fan
07-09-2002, 12:27 PM
Comment: Yeah, but I bet there would be a whole new list of excuses!

Wouldn't work, RB. You would call them on it!

You know, they should all thank Steve Davidowitz for making up this great excuse for them!

Figman:

My gosh! If this new surface doesn't have a "bias" it will revolutionize handicapping and trainer excuses!!!!!

:D :D :D