PDA

View Full Version : Stevey run STRAIGHT!

46zilzal
01-14-2006, 06:21 PM
This one still is running GREENLY down the strech.......The trainer still has work to do with this one as speed beats stamina yet again.

xfile
01-15-2006, 04:54 AM
He looked like a drunken sailor stumbling down the lane :D

plainolebill
01-15-2006, 06:51 AM
Mebbe next time. They sure ran a heck of a lot better than the 4yos in the San Fernando.

Tee
01-15-2006, 07:15 AM
They sure ran a heck of a lot better than the 4yos in the San Fernando.

Come Again?

107 BSF for Brother Derek. Maybe he did run better than the 4 yr olds in the San Fernando. :D

BD was such an ez front running winnner I'm not surprised by the huge figure that he may never see again.

Canteen would eat him for lunch.

JMHO

GlenninOhio
01-15-2006, 09:01 AM
A quote from Jay Hovdey's otherwise very positive pre-race DRF column on Stevie:

"If Stevie Wonderboy has an Achilles' heel, it is precisely that - a chronic condition of his left hind heel that receives constant surveillance from his groom, Alfonso Padilla. I've had horses with cracked heels irritated enough to make them act lame," O'Neill said. "Alfonso gets the credit for taking good care of that."

A very sharp trainer once told me that these cracks are ticking time bombs that can compromise a horse at any time.

The bottom line is this horse has a soundness issue.

If I'm not mistaken, a similar issue derailed Rockport Harbor from the Derby trail last year.

Murph
01-15-2006, 10:47 AM
A quote from Jay Hovdey's otherwise very positive pre-race DRF column on Stevie:

"If Stevie Wonderboy has an Achilles' heel, it is precisely that - a chronic condition of his left hind heel that receives constant surveillance from his groom, Alfonso Padilla. I've had horses with cracked heels irritated enough to make them act lame," O'Neill said. "Alfonso gets the credit for taking good care of that."

Thank you Glen. I read it here first.

Murph

plainolebill
01-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Canteen? He couldn't have won the previous race, NW2x :D

toetoe
01-15-2006, 05:16 PM
C'mon, Glenn. Give 'em the entire story. Jay approached Alfonso for proof of condition, in form of a heel patch. Alfonso was insulted, and launched into a disquisition that featured swear words in two languages, culminating in this blast: "Patches? He don't have no patches. We don't have to show you no stinking patches!"

andicap
01-16-2006, 03:26 AM
C'mon, Glenn. Give 'em the entire story. Jay approached Alfonso for proof of condition, in form of a heel patch. Alfonso was insulted, and launched into a disquisition that featured swear words in two languages, culminating in this blast: "Patches? He don't have no patches. We don't have to show you no stinking patches!"

:lol:

Wonder how many people will get THAT reference. Not just the movie but the context in the movie.

Tom
01-16-2006, 09:15 AM
Badges?
We don't need no stinking badges!

(John Belusi as a "killer bee" on SNL for one, but not the first)

Red Knave
01-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Wow, there's even a Wiki entry for it :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_badges

toetoe
01-16-2006, 03:44 PM
You say Padilla, I say Bedoya, ... let's call the whole thing off. :)