PDA

View Full Version : The Surburban

Derek2U
07-07-2002, 09:37 AM
Yesterday, the Surburban @ Belmont was the BoringEst Race
this long weekend. Now, I'm not complaining about the outcome,
since I bet E.Dubai to win and $11.80 payoff was mighty generous, but rather because potential champs like Macho Uno
aren't suppose to race like they did, single file around the track,
waiting for the frontrunner to tire. Imagine, 24, 48.6 ... hehe ...
against "real" graded winners E. Dubai wouldnt last until the
1/8th pole. And, even the winners connection & JR said they
were going to steal the race. And long-winded Frankel also with
his sharpened Lido Palace .... that phony surge at the end to close 2nd. It makes racing look silly when this occurs at that
level. If U have a real champ, make that champ prove his stuff.

Tom
07-07-2002, 07:23 PM
And they paid out $500,000 fort that lousy race.
It waas nothing more that a workout for a couple of them. The handicap division is pretty weak.To bad there aren't many real horse around anymore - ones that take the race to the front runner. These horses yesterday are a bunch of duds - if the race doesn't come back to them, they are no threat. What would a Forego do to that field? Blame the peolpe too-the jocks were afraid to go for it. If a horse is going to be a division leader, he better be able to run when needed, just sit and hope they come back. That's what claimers do.

Derek2U
07-07-2002, 07:31 PM
yes Tom I wonder what Stronach said to Orseno/Stevens.
I mean, is Macho Uno a true stud champ or isn't he? If you
crank a champ up, then let him run. These races might seem like
"FiXes" ... it's gotten all too polite & non-competitive. The rules
of racing say you gotta TRY to WIN & I don't think thats what I'm
seeing.

cj
07-07-2002, 07:38 PM
Anyone still think War Emblem is not a good horse compared to those scrubs? He'll have a field day if allowed to go those fractions.

CJ

cj
07-07-2002, 07:43 PM
Joe Orseno, the trainer of Macho Uno, was upset. "This racetrack is not fair," Orseno said. "Gary Stevens's exact words were that it was like a trotting-horse race."

Give me a break Joe! And Stevens is riding like a CharlesTown guy, so I didn't expect much from him anyway.

CJ

JimG
07-07-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski

Give me a break Joe! And Stevens is riding like a CharlesTown guy, so I didn't expect much from him anyway.

CJ

Hey CJ...now wait a darn minute. Stevens is not riding that good. Right now, if I had a choice between Stevens and Charles Town native Travis Dunkleberger, I'd take Dunkleberger.

Jim

cj
07-07-2002, 10:04 PM
JimG,

I can't stop laughing, that is too damn funny!

CJ

Tom
07-07-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by JimG

...., I'd take Dunkleberger.

Jim

D'ya want fries wit dat?
<G>

Bubbles
07-08-2002, 08:50 AM
Hey...

The Suburban was, indeed, a joke. What the handicapping division needs is a stone closer, like Sarava. Anyway, I hated that race for more than one reason. MY TRIPLE RAN SECOND-THIRD-FOURTH!!!!! Anyone have any idea what that triple would have paid?