PDA

View Full Version : adversary or enemy

formula_2002
01-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Updated: 03:42 AM EST
Bush Urges Unity to Clear Hurdles in Iraq
President Warns Democrats Against 'Partisan' CriticismBy JENNIFER LOVEN, AP

WASHINGTON (Jan. 11) - President George W. Bush warned Democratic critics of his Iraq policy to watch what they say or risk giving "comfort to our adversaries" and suffering at the ballot box in the U.S. congressional elections in November.

Boy, did Loven get that wrong "...Criticism"..?
Bush is talking about "the enemy" not "adversaries", thereby making his adversaries traitors..

Tom
01-11-2006, 08:30 AM
He said "partisan" criticism. As opposed to legitimate criticism. Like we get from the local spinners here.

formula_2002
01-11-2006, 08:55 AM
He said "partisan" criticism. As opposed to legitimate criticism. Like we get from the local spinners here.

Oh I feel much better about that :rolleyes:

partisan
1 : a firm adherent to a party , faction, cause, or person; especially : one exhibiting blind, prejudiced, and unreasoning allegiance2 a : a member of a body of detached light troops making forays and harassing an enemy b : a member of a guerrilla band operating within enemy linessynonym see FOLLOWER

Tom
01-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Obviously, in the context of political arenas, #1 is the operative definition.

formula_2002
01-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Obviously, in the context of political arenas, #1 is the operative definition.

I'll buy into that, but not when you are talking about a war in Iraq and givng comfort to adversaries.

I just dont trust this guy and never did (atleast) from the day he starting bombing.. We could have done better.

boxcar
01-11-2006, 12:42 PM
I'll buy into that, but not when you are talking about a war in Iraq and givng comfort to adversaries.

I just dont trust this guy and never did (atleast) from the day he starting bombing.. We could have done better.

Yeah...we could have exercised restraint and patience by having the U.N. pass 13 more resolutions over at least as many years. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Suff
01-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Updated: 03:42 AM EST
Bush Urges Unity to Clear Hurdles in Iraq
President Warns Democrats Against 'Partisan' CriticismBy JENNIFER LOVEN, AP

WASHINGTON (Jan. 11) - President George W. Bush warned Democratic critics of his Iraq policy to watch what they say or risk giving "comfort to our adversaries" and suffering at the ballot box in the U.S. congressional elections in November.

Boy, did Loven get that wrong "...Criticism"..?
Bush is talking about "the enemy" not "adversaries", thereby making his adversaries traitors..

The humorous thing about this comment was that it came in reply to a question from a 7 year old girl. At a staged Town hall meeting where the guests and questions were vetted> She asked:

"What can people do to help with the War on terror"?.

That was his answer.:lol: So who is polticizing the war? A 7 year old girl asks the President for assistance in what she can do to help the war effort and he answered with a " Well Elections are in November and the Democrats should watch what they say!"

formula_2002
01-12-2006, 11:10 AM
The humorous thing about this comment was that it came in reply to a question from a 7 year old girl. At a staged Town hall meeting where the guests and questions were vetted> She asked:

"What can people do to help with the War on terror"?.

That was his answer.:lol: So who is polticizing the war? A 7 year old girl asks the President for assistance in what she can do to help the war effort and he answered with a " Well Elections are in November and the Democrats should watch what they say!"

That's just terrible. Let's hope for the best, and lets hope we don't have to fight with ourselves for the best.

toetoe
01-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Suff,

Either term works for Islamabaddies. Though this view may be inimical to yours, I pray we'll never be mortal enemies. I agree that tying it into the elections was LAME, LAME, LAME !!!