PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Security Update "Caveat"

Hosshead
01-10-2006, 11:43 PM
In the past, when Microsoft sends me Security Updates to install, I click on the "More Information" link provided at the bottom, and read about the update. This information has (had) a section labeled "Caveats". This part would often tell you what problems you might encounter with the new Update. Sometimes it would say "Caveat - None".
Other times there was a list of things to watch out for, depending on what system you were running etc.etc.

Now (2006) it seems that MS might have a new policy to Omit the Caveat, and tell you nothing, as I have not been able to find this heading in any of there 2006 updates info .

Microsoft jokes aside....Does anyone know for fact, that MS has changed there policy regarding the listing of "caveat" ?

Maybe they figured that too many people were not installing certain updates, .....after reading the caveats ?

NoDayJob
01-11-2006, 02:42 AM
:lol: CAVEAT EMPTOR! :lol:

DJofSD
01-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Hosshead, that's a interesting point I had not noticed.

Security is something that most only think about because of worms, virus, etc. However the impact can be far reaching. Closing a hole can sometimes break 3rd party products.

Does MS have a statement of their security policy posted someplace?