PDA

View Full Version : Filtering-type software

Cesario!
01-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Hi. I'm looking for software aimed at the simulcast player that sorts through all of a days races looking for particular angle. For example, I'd want to examine a race if there is a a low odds horse (in the ML) in a claiming race coming off a win with a month layoff. I don't want anything to do any "thinking" for me -- no value-lines, etc. Just something that lets me sort through lots of data to save time...

I appreciate your suggestions!

Seth

kingfin66
01-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Sorry I can't help you with your question. I just wanted to say welcome to the board. Also, love your user name - Cesario! I can still hear Vic Stauffer making the call in that race. The exclamation point is very, very necessary.

Handiman
01-10-2006, 12:07 AM
Are you looking for a program to go through all the tracks each day? Is there a limit on the tracks you want to look at in a day?

Handi

AwolAwolAtPA
01-10-2006, 05:09 AM
hi Cesario,

consider JPcapper and HTR

I am an HTR user but am considering looking at JPcapper.

With HTR, you can export the data and use Excel or Access to do the kind of analysis that you want to do. Wiithout the condition of '..won last race..', you could just use the HTR2 program without doing the export.

HTR has a demo at http://htr.horsedata.com/ and you can read the newsletters to learn about the software.

JPcapper has a two week '..free..' found at http://www.jcapper.com/ and he says you get the 2004 database to get started with your research. However, my reading of the JeffP's software, this is designed for intense research but maybe your simple conditions may be a trivial exercise but very time consuming. Also, check postings for PA member 'JeffP' for more about the developer and the software.

If you decide to sign up for HTR then time your sign up at the start of the month. For your $119, you can download the previous 45 days of data and have the full month to check out if your use of the '..free demo..' is really what you can use. Then, you can cancel the subscription. Oh, do not expect other HTR users to '..share..' the data because HDW and Equibase will make life difficult for users that try to get around the ONE USER condition of the subscription service.

well, more than I had planned to say, so enuf for now.

good luck with your search

Awol/duane
A.Winner.Or.Loser

ryesteve
01-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Hi. I'm looking for software aimed at the simulcast player that sorts through all of a days races looking for particular angle. For example, I'd want to examine a race if there is a a low odds horse (in the ML) in a claiming race coming off a win with a month layoff. I don't want anything to do any "thinking" for me -- no value-lines, etc. Just something that lets me sort through lots of data to save time...

JCapper's queries are limited to what's been built into the program, but setting up your hypothetical example is something it can do, and it'd be very easy to do as well.

Cesario!
01-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking at JCapper last night, and I might give the demo a whirl. I also have both excel and access, so I'll check out the other as well.

I'd like to look at as many tracks as possible each day. I'm about to return to school (nothing like another advanced degree -- Ph.D. in critical social theory), but I want to continue my handicapping. My current plan is to reduce the number of races that I analyze -- probably focusing on either one circuit -- or two divisions (3 yr. olds -- maiden/allowance -- and maybe turf) at two circuits. However, I don't want to miss the profitable opportunties that come from simple pp analysis at smaller tracks in low-level claiming races, but would love to save the time required for this.

And, thanks for the comments on my name! I watch that replay, along with Borrego's Jockey Club Gold Cup and the Smarty Jones' Belmont -- the race that ended the crush I had on horse racing and brought it to full-blown love -- at least twice a month, sometimes more. :)
Seth

Red Knave
01-10-2006, 12:39 PM
You might want to check out HSH as well. I'm not certain if you can do everything you want but it does have user built systems and include/exclude races. Also, a new version is imminent.
http://www.horsestreet.com/

headhawg
01-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Cesario,

You might want to take a look Gordon Pine's "The Capper". It has the ability to do spot plays. I personally have never used it, but it sounds like it might be something to take a look at. Do a search here, but try this thread for starters:

http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21352&highlight=netcapper

HH