PDA

View Full Version : RICH ENG wants your 3 best of tvg and hrtv

blind squirrel
01-09-2006, 01:40 PM
rich eng doing a column on "3 BEST" on air talent
of TVG and HRTV, asking for your take,read it on EQUIDAILY.

PaceAdvantage
01-09-2006, 01:58 PM
The article originates from the LV Review-Journal:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Dec-30-Fri-2005/sports/5132971.html

JulieKrone
01-09-2006, 08:10 PM
I'd love to see a 3 worst at each, and as well at each major publication, other network, medium, category, etc. Now that would significantly improve things: eliminate the worst track announcers, writers, editors, track/otb/equine executives, stewards, 3 worst telecasts. Even maybe a ballot for 3 worst among infamous politicians, 3 worst state laws.

There should be such a televised / streamed program, with golden horse's behind statuettes presented to a proxy during the show, then actually mailed to the actual honoree aggressor afterwards. Given enough bad press, some long-standing problems may get fixed instead of being kept under the carpet. It certainly can't hurt.

blind squirrel
01-09-2006, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=JulieKrone]I'd love to see a 3 worst at each, and as well at each major publication, other network, medium, category, etc. Now that would significantly improve things: eliminate the worst track announcers, writers, editors, track/otb/equine executives, stewards, 3 worst telecasts. Even maybe a ballot for 3 worst among infamous politicians, 3 worst state laws.

There should be such a televised / streamed program, with golden horse's behind statuettes presented to a proxy during the show, then actually mailed to the actual honoree aggressor afterwards. Given enough bad press, some long-standing problems may get fixed instead of being kept under the carpet. It certainly can't hurt.

my three worst

TODD SCHRUPP:the king of the "reboarders",
no one can tell you why a horse won after the
race better than TODD.

MATT CAROUTHERS:his handicapping style
is to identify the early speed,if only all races were
4 furlongs.

MR B:MR OBVIOUS,a longshot to him is 7/2

3 best:

RICH PERLOFF: A thoughtful approach much
like MARK CRAMER,pedigree,odd trainer angles
and will admit it when he has no strong take.

FRANK LYONS:obviously a good horseman,and not
afraid to single a "price" horse,his humour and reverence
for the game is genuine.

LES ONAKA:i know,he does QUARTER horses but
i don't think i've ever seen a more knowledgeable handicapper.

Sailwolf
01-09-2006, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE

for the game is genuine.

i don't think i've ever seen a more knowledgeable handicapper.[/QUOTE]

I agree for Frank and Les. Who is Rich Perloff?:confused:

JulieKrone
01-09-2006, 10:07 PM
I'd love to see in the big networks and publications some of the great minds, a few at this board, who haven't yet got that big time headlining chance, but that actually belong in the Hall of Fame:

top 3 for Video: Dave Schwartz, Jeff Parker, Gordon Jones(Netcapper)

top 3 for Print: Jim Lehane, anyone from HDW, anyone from HTR & ATR

But, since most those folks are very, very, very, very, very old-- we will need alternates:

Bob Purdy, Randy Giles, Dick Schmidt, Charles Carroll. Come to think of it, those are even older, gasp!

But then our mutuels would go down. Hmm.

JulieKrone
01-09-2006, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE

for the game is genuine.

i don't think i've ever seen a more knowledgeable handicapper.

I agree for Frank and Les. Who is Rich Perloff?:confused:

Rich Perloff, if memory serves me right, is a long time industry figure here in the North. Has bred & owned horses, handicapped for a living, been a media personality, etc. I believe he tried to get Casey of NYCOTB to put on a more serious and informational telecast. He got his ear initially, but his choice of candidates doomed him. They were talented folks, but not especially adept behind the camera.

exiles
01-09-2006, 10:28 PM
TVG Thank god for the mute button. They all suck.

JulieKrone
01-09-2006, 11:22 PM
-- was thinking of Perella. I now await on bended knees the old SNL Dan Akroyd admonishment:"Jane, you ignorant slut!".

andicap
01-10-2006, 02:14 AM
I'd love to see in the big networks and publications some of the great minds, a few at this board, who haven't yet got that big time headlining chance, but that actually belong in the Hall of Fame:

top 3 for Video: Dave Schwartz, Jeff Parker, Gordon Jones(Netcapper)

top 3 for Print: Jim Lehane, anyone from HDW, anyone from HTR & ATR

But, since most those folks are very, very, very, very, very old-- we will need alternates:

Bob Purdy, Randy Giles, Dick Schmidt, Charles Carroll. Come to think of it, those are even older, gasp!

But then our mutuels would go down. Hmm.

That's Gordon Pine, not Gordon Jones. And Gordon Pine is pretty young. As is Ken Massa the HTR guru.

JulieKrone
01-10-2006, 03:37 AM
That's Gordon Pine, not Gordon Jones. And Gordon Pine is pretty young. As is Ken Massa the HTR guru. Pine!!!! I should be bent over a pine myself and wet-switch whipped for that gaffe. Into the mud scum queen! (Who was it that hurled Kathleen Turner like that?)
Pretty & young, really? Thank you for the corrections.

Sailwolf
01-12-2006, 04:58 AM
That's Gordon Pine, not Gordon Jones. And Gordon Pine is pretty young.

I would think Gordon Pine would go along with that statement. Right, Kitts?