PDA

View Full Version : Good commentary by Newt

ceejay
01-09-2006, 09:56 AM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5135241

To Fix What's Broken in Congress, Start 'Small'

by Newt Gingrich

Morning Edition, January 9, 2006 · The former Speaker of the House says his party is in danger of losing the moral high ground on Capitol Hill. He calls on fellow Republicans to embrace reform, and to return to a vision of smaller government.

Bobby
01-09-2006, 10:01 AM
That would be a nice breath of fresh air. Reform and smaller govt.

JustRalph
01-09-2006, 11:05 AM
I question Newt preaching "moral high ground" to others.

ljb
01-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Me too.

Secretariat
01-09-2006, 11:37 PM
lol..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

toetoe
01-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Hello ... he's a (let's say it together, boys and girls) POLITICIAN!!!! :bang: He did have some sporting comments about Hilary Hamrod, another p-word.

kingfin66
01-10-2006, 12:15 AM
I didn't know Newt was still alive.

Sailwolf
01-10-2006, 01:47 AM

Yea, married 3 times. The last wife (he was playing with her when married to the 2nd wife) is appoximately 20 years younger than him.

He talks about the family being important.:D

ljb
01-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Yea, married 3 times. The last wife (he was playing with her when married to the 2nd wife) is appoximately 20 years younger than him.

He talks about the family being important.:D
Are you sure he ain't a democrat ? :D Republicans usually cover up their discretions better then this.

so.cal.fan
01-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Newt.....really a Democrat?
You may be on to something ljb.
Wasn't Newt the Speaker of the House and had to step down because of very bad comments and/or publicity? I wasn't following Congress that much at that time, but seems good old Newt cost some Republicans elections in many areas of the country.

NoDayJob
01-10-2006, 10:52 PM
High Moral Ground????? That's why Newt got the boot! Typical politician, do as I say not as I do. Waatta country.

toetoe
01-10-2006, 11:28 PM
NDJ,

Nice Yakov Smirnov reference. :ThmbUp:

NoDayJob
01-11-2006, 02:39 AM
NDJ,

Nice Yakov Smirnov reference. :ThmbUp:

What happened to him? Haven't seen or heard about him in years. :D Mebee the KGB kidnapped him? :D

Steve 'StatMan'
01-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Regular shows in Branson, Mo.

superfecta
01-12-2006, 01:01 AM
Newt.....really a Democrat?
You may be on to something ljb.
Wasn't Newt the Speaker of the House and had to step down because of very bad comments and/or publicity? I wasn't following Congress that much at that time, but seems good old Newt cost some Republicans elections in many areas of the country.Yep I remember the story about newt making some unflattering words about Hillary and didnt have the stones to admit it when it came out.
Also was supposed to be screwing around on his second wife and divorced her while she was in the hospital with cancer I think there was some audio of Newt and his fling having fun in a car,captured by some Democrat operatives using a scanner.The big stink was how dare someone spy on Newt,not the idea of him passing moral judgements on others and acting like he did.
I think his 3rd wife divorced him this past year.Newt is laughable as a moral compass,but so is Rush ,but still many people think the sun rises and sets on these guys .