PDA

View Full Version : Purse Question

Bobby
01-08-2006, 11:37 PM
LAst years FG meet avg purses were like 260K a day. This year, despite the hurricane, purses average like probably $350K a day. And they still don't have slots. I was wondering if race tracks have to pay out a certain amount per day from their purse account, since this meet is much shorter than a normal FG meet? Or is it that since CD bought them they can pay out more? I doubt the latter.

Hosshead
01-09-2006, 12:52 AM
If purse distribution is "per meet",... then shorter meet..=.. more avg. per day.

lsbets
01-09-2006, 08:03 AM
But aren't they running the FG meet at LAD which does have slots? Was a cut of the slot revenue for purses part of the deal when they decided to run FG at LAD?

Murph
01-10-2006, 12:27 AM
I was wondering if race tracks have to pay out a certain amount per day from their purse account, since this meet is much shorter than a normal FG meet? Or is it that since CD bought them they can pay out more? I doubt the latter.

It's likely that you are correct about purses being distributed at last years rate. I expect that next seasons purse level will increase when we race at Fairgrounds in a fine new facility next fall.

The best thing to happen to New Orleans at Fairgrounds is CDSN buying in BEFORE the tragedy suffered by the entire region.

CDSN is obviously committed to providing high quality year round horse racing opportunities, not only to horse breeders and owners but to the local communities that support those efforts. They are in full support of the Chicago circut with the addition and continued excellence of international racing at Arlington Park.

The Calder Race Course supports a huge training network of horses in direct competition with Kentucky breededing farms.

In Indiana CDSN brought Hoosier Park (MY home track) to the brink of respectability when they unsuccessfuly attempted to establish a simple connection between 10K claimers between FLA and ILL. They have established both the Indiana Derby and Indiana Oaks as graded races. Remember hen Orienate WON the Indiana Derby?

This couldn't have happened without CDSN.

I wish those connections ALL THE BEST for The New Year!

Murph

Bobby
01-11-2006, 11:41 PM
you sound like the ole hack man!