PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita race 7

highnote
01-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Did anyone see race 7 at Santa Anita. I watched it on a very poor internet feed. Looked to me like 7 got bumped twice by the 3 -- once on the turn and once in deep stretch. Looked like he lost a stride or two because of it -- just enough to cause him to miss 2nd by a head.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Tee
01-08-2006, 08:17 PM
I made a huge wagering mistake in my mind by keying the 7 1st and 2nd. U guessed it with the 3,5,11. The reason I say that is cuz I felt the 11 would move up considerably on the lawn(Giant's Causeway out of a Theatrical Mare.)

I sure would have liked to have seen the result with a cleanly run race though. The 7 horse may have held 2nd. He was floated wide by the winner who came out on the 13 horse thus forcing the 7 out as well. Going sideways there for a couple jumps didn't do Sound of Success any favors.

speedking
01-08-2006, 09:07 PM
There was other trouble in that race as well. Res Ipsa, a FTS from Biancone, appeared to be full of run and was steadied repeatedly by Farina with nowhere at all to go. Res Ipsa is also sired by Giants Causeway and had a 369 Tomlinson vs a 402 for #11 Niagara Causeway. In the 4th, another MSW turf event, Baffert had a FTS, Fantastic Spring, by Fantastic Light out of a Storm Cat mare. Ochoa had a ton of horse, but kept running into traffic and Fantastic Spring reacted greenly. BTW, the winner of the 6th was pulled up after the race and vanned off.

Speedking

DJofSD
01-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Oopppsssss. Almost screwed up here.

I saw the race with the DQ earlier in the card. Not the 7th -- never mind!

highnote
01-08-2006, 10:45 PM
I made a huge wagering mistake in my mind by keying the 7 1st and 2nd. U guessed it with the 3,5,11. The reason I say that is cuz I felt the 11 would move up considerably on the lawn(Giant's Causeway out of a Theatrical Mare.)

I sure would have liked to have seen the result with a cleanly run race though. The 7 horse may have held 2nd. He was floated wide by the winner who came out on the 13 horse thus forcing the 7 out as well. Going sideways there for a couple jumps didn't do Sound of Success any favors.

Tee,

Thanks. I titled the thread Race 7, but I meant the 6th race with the 7 horse.

toetoe
01-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Race 2 had a DQ for the ages. Stop me if you've heard this, but NOTHING HAPPENED! Antongeorgi won for maybe the only time in his life, didn't shift around, or switch sticks, or ANYTHING. What now? Does he get days? :confused: :bang:

DJofSD
01-09-2006, 12:50 AM
toetoe, please, nothing happened?

Did you watch the replays?

toetoe
01-09-2006, 01:12 AM
I couldn't get the head-on, just the pan. I knew if I swore nothing happened, I'd jinx myself. How bad was it, Johnny?

DJofSD
01-09-2006, 01:47 AM
The interference at the top of the stretch was obvious to me during the race. The head-on I thought was pretty clear, the 2 horse came out and took the path of the 4 (?). It was not a PVal acting job.

Coming to the wire, the 6 horse appeared to have changed leads -- for no good reason. The head-on showed the 6 drifting in some what but no where to the degree of the 2 horse drifting out and bumping the 6.

If the only interference was between to 2 and 6 coming to the finish line, it might not have resulted in the DQ. However, I feel the stewards call for the interference with the 4 was a good call.

toetoe
01-09-2006, 02:09 AM
Okay, I'll watch it again. :blush:

JustRalph
01-09-2006, 07:07 AM
That 2nd race was baby shit. They should have left that horse up. He beat mine, but it was a joke that they took him down. He earned that one. The horses they say he impeded, were going nowhere........

Sailwolf
01-09-2006, 09:50 PM
That 2nd race was baby s---. They should have left that horse up. He beat mine, but it was a joke that they took him down. He earned that one. The horses they say he impeded, were going nowhere........

I had a bet in that race and lost ,but I would have left the initial result alone. I saw the head shot and throught the impeded horses could have not won anyway.