PDA

View Full Version : San Gorgonio - SAX 1/8 - 8th, 9F (T)

DJofSD
01-08-2006, 02:22 PM
With the 3 horse entry likely to go off at even money or lower, I'll speculate that Star Parade and Bond Dealer will be the pace setters and knock each other out. Who'll be there to pick up the pieces -- ah, that's the question, isn't it?

I'll take a shot with Stage Shy w/ C Nak up at ML 8:1. I'm not worried about the post position and expect the horse to be well behind the group racing for the first turn. This should allow the horse to drop down to save some ground. I expect some gaining of position down the back stretch to (hopefully) overcome most of the traffic problems that'll lay in front of him into the far turn. He should close well and as always will depend upon some skill and luck to make it past the tiring horses.

Trying to beat the favorite is always dangerous to the bank roll but I think the odds-on entry is vulnerable here.

By no means will this warrent a prime bet but it'll be fun to have an interest in the race. Depending upon the price of the exactas, I'll play Stage Shy to win with the entry on top in the exacta.

JustRalph
01-08-2006, 03:44 PM
I hate this turf course.........but I kind of like the 4 and the 2 for an upset

DJofSD
01-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Well, change that program number from 9 to 7 and you have the $35+ winner!

Race went pretty much as I thought it would except I didn't tag the winner.