PDA

View Full Version : Hope for the young generation! (?)

Dave Schwartz
01-08-2006, 01:12 AM
I just have to share this with you guys.

Our 17-year old son asked us casually if he could host an impromptu birthday party for one of his friends. Knowing his 4 or 5 closest friends (including the birthday guy) we said it was okay.

So, off we go to dinner and a movie with some friends, completely forgetting about the party.

We come home around 10pm to find the street lined with cars. This is when we remember the party for the first time since saying, "Yes," earlier in the day.

So, we come in and the party is going full blast - not an ounce of booze, not whiff of pot, not a single person even looking high, not even a single cigarette. Just 30 or so kids having - get this - a fondue party!

They are playing music and singing and having a great time.

Okay, so our son is a bit of a nerd... currently ranked #1 is his senior class (okay, he is tied with about 20 others - at least half of which were at the party)... but my point is, these kids are... what do I call them? Normal? Nice? I don't know, but it gives me hope for the future when I see kids like these.

Regards to all,
Dave

GameTheory
01-08-2006, 02:48 AM
Didn't you know that children like to rebel and be different than their parents?

fergie
01-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Good one GT.:D
Dave, Makes you feel good to see your kids growing up and making RESPONSIBLE decisions. Kind of like, this is great--my job is done!
Of course, that won't last long, since next year he goes to college and boy will he need you then.$$$$$. That's okay, though, 'cause when he graduates you'll be saying "it was worth every dime", and of course, it won'tstop there either, he's going to need his old man around forever, and that's the really great part.
Congrats to you, proud father!:)
Fergie

twindouble
01-08-2006, 07:39 AM
Dave; I don't know who's more naive, you or the responces. In today's world, I'd check the video tapes. :eek:

lsbets
01-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Dave - remind me never to go to a party at your house. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bubbles
01-08-2006, 08:36 AM
FINALLY! People say they have HOPE for this generation! If I hear one more person saying, "This is a perfect example of what's wrong with today's youth," I'm gonna go Tom on their rear ends and throw bananas at them for all eternity. It's about time there's proof that that's wrong.

Thanks for making my day, DS.

DJofSD
01-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Dave,

You are to be congratulated. You obviously did some things right in how you raised your son. You should be proud. What's that old expression, the fruit doesn't all too far from the tree?

You did good, dude!

Dave Schwartz
01-08-2006, 10:55 AM
DJ,

or "The hair doesn't fall too far from the head." <G>

GT - Yours is probably best.

Dave

highnote
01-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Dave,

I hope my kids' parties are like your son's when they're his age. Good job!

John

michiken
01-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Did you miss the prime ingredient of 'Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll'?

Did you check for signs of an orgy?

DJofSD
01-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Watched 'High Tech West' on History last night. The wild west deserved the label. They had 2 out of the 3 -- just missing the rock 'n roll.

highnote
01-08-2006, 03:49 PM
I missed that one. What drugs did they use besides booze and tobacco? Peyote maybe? Wouldn't be surprised if they smoked pot or hash back then. Cocaine?

GameTheory
01-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Opium.

Tom
01-08-2006, 03:58 PM
FINALLY! People say they have HOPE for this generation! If I hear one more person saying, "This is a perfect example of what's wrong with today's youth," I'm gonna go Tom on their rear ends and throw bananas at them for all eternity. It's about time there's proof that that's wrong.

Thanks for making my day, DS.

Huh? :confused:

I remeber fondue - we used to dip our dope in it! :lol:

highnote
01-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Opium.

Oh that's right. I forgot all about the Opium Wars between the west and east.

Secretariat
01-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Huh? :confused:

I remeber fondue - we used to dip our dope in it! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ThmbUp:

DJofSD
01-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Tom, you used to dip your what in it? Oh, dope. I saw the letter "D" and mistook that word for another.