PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

46zilzal
01-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Arcata City Council calls for Bush impeachment

By Kimberly Wear / Eureka Times-Standard

ARCATA -- A split City Council passed a resolution demanding the impeachment or resignation of President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, citing violations of international and constitutional law.

The White House responded that the president “remains focused on the business the American people elected him to conduct.”

The resolution lists a series of allegedly impeachable offenses, including “the crime of misleading the American people and Congress into waging an unnecessary and brutal war in Iraq,” “the criminal failure of the president to respond adequately to the Hurricane Katrina disaster,” “torturing human beings in violation of the Geneva Convention” and “ordering the secret surveillance of American citizens.”

twindouble
01-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Arcata City Council calls for Bush impeachment

By Kimberly Wear / Eureka Times-Standard

ARCATA -- A split City Council passed a resolution demanding the impeachment or resignation of President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, citing violations of international and constitutional law.

The White House responded that the president “remains focused on the business the American people elected him to conduct.”

The resolution lists a series of allegedly impeachable offenses, including “the crime of misleading the American people and Congress into waging an unnecessary and brutal war in Iraq,” “the criminal failure of the president to respond adequately to the Hurricane Katrina disaster,” “torturing human beings in violation of the Geneva Convention” and “ordering the secret surveillance of American citizens.”

I didn't think wacko's like this could stoop any lower, wrong again. :mad:

Lefty
01-07-2006, 09:38 PM
I get tired of hearing these same old stale lies. 46, can't you and thje other libs find anything better to do than repeating the same old stale arguments that have been refuted time and time again? Apparantly not...

46zilzal
01-07-2006, 10:49 PM
I get tired of hearing these same old stale lies. 46, can't you and thje other libs find anything better to do than repeating the same old stale arguments that have been refuted time and time again? Apparantly not...
libs libs libs libs libs libs and libs again.

that was a joke

chickenhead
01-08-2006, 12:52 PM
Arcata is neck and neck with Berkeley for most ultra liberal college town. Fun place though.

46zilzal
01-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Arcata is neck and neck with Berkeley for most ultra liberal college town. Fun place though.
actually Arcata is very small and Eureka is the place all the old hippies are still in attendance. A really old place with lots of good history and just down the road from Ferndale (the smallest TB track in California)

chickenhead
01-08-2006, 01:00 PM
I was born in Eureka and lived there 20 years, I know Eureka, Arcata, and Ferndale (where I worked at the track 5 years) very well.

I saw you were married in those parts, figure you must have some connection.

46zilzal
01-08-2006, 01:05 PM
In Humboldt county you can designate someone to be your Justice of the Peace. All you have to do is register at the county court house in Eureka and for 24 hours the state will recognize all nupitals from that "shortly elected official." When my wife and I took my friend there to be sworn in, we went in the wrong doorway and wondered why EVERYONE was wearing ORANGE coveralls as we were in the county jail!!

chickenhead
01-08-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm biased because that's where I'm from, but I think Humboldt County is one of the most interesting places around.

Really interesting local history of some pretty old (by California standards) settlements.

Great areas "out in the hills" in Southern Humboldt and around the Mattole -- great natural beauty, and where it's best to "know someone" if you're going to be driving around.

The ongoing battles between the environmentalists and the timber companies over the fate of the great forests.

The just astounding number of people involved in the number #1 industry of the area, marijuana growing. You just wouldn't know until you know, but you'll be closer to the mark by assuming everyone grows dope than not.

Just a fascinating place.

lsbets
01-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Man these ads are good - all for Arcata Real Estate.

DJofSD
01-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Don't know Humbolt but always thought Trinity was the dope growning capital.

My favorite county in that end of the state is Plumas. Very fond memories of many camping and fishing trips there. Wonder times literally living off the land while there in the late summer. Fruits and berries during the day and pan fried fish at night. It's been a long time but I wonder if that's still possible now a days.

chickenhead
01-08-2006, 01:31 PM
you can still do that DJ, the forest lakes and rivers are still here, still just as wonderful.

As for dope, Humboldt, Mendocino, and Trinity counties are known collectively as the "Emerald Triangle". A whole lot of dope grown in all three places.

Tom
01-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Man oh man, Bush is in for trouble now....the DOG CATCHER is after him!:D