PDA

View Full Version : Travis Stone - Talent in Action

Murph
01-07-2006, 12:19 PM
MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10616467/
by Travis Stone

PA posters know him as TravisVOX. This is an excellent story that recaps the year in racing with a unique style and feeling that is often missing from many of the racing stories we see in the media. I thought this article deserved an attaboy for Travis. With work like this, I don't doubt that there is an eclipse award in his future.

Here is Travis' selection for the 2006 Breeders Cup Sprint, quoted from his story:

"Lost in the Fog will probably see an abbreviated schedule compared to last years globe-trotting tour. He also has some unfinished business come November in the Sprint. Maybe will see another Ghostzapper-esque performance, much like Ghostzapper’s triumph in the Met Mile.

"Either way, there is plenty to look forward to as we move into the New Year. While the dynamics of our sport are almost impossible to predict, as 2005 so clearly reminded us, a new year is always filled with promise. And it is the beat that keeps the game rolling."

Travis Stone can be reached at travis@racecalling.com.

Keep up the good work,
Murph

TravisVOX
01-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Hey Murph thank you for the kind comments, I really do appreciate it. Racing is not only a passion, but an obsession and I enjoy doing anything I can to further my involvement with the sport. Thank you once again - and I hope you enjoy my columns.

the little guy
01-08-2006, 11:34 AM
So he's NOT on the payroll? :lol:

Kitan
01-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Trav...I thought you were a caller not a writer ;)

Keep up the good work.

Suff
01-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Heartfelt Congratulations Travis. Sean Clancy has an eye for talent.

Having met him him a couple of times, I'd like to think Pricci gave you a Thumbs up at MSNBC.

Your doing well. Good job and best of luck.

Saratoga Special..........:ThmbUp:

kenwoodallpromos
01-16-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm glad a PA'er hit the major media!