PDA

View Full Version : Seeking David Okamoto, All In One V5 Programmer

facorsig
01-07-2006, 05:41 AM
Does anyone in this forum have contact information for David Okamoto, the programmer for All In One, version 5?

Alternatively, starting on Thursday, my All In One version 5 software software result updates have been unsuccessful using the HDW files. I have over 125k races in my models and I am unable to input additional result files. Possibly, I have deleted files mistakenly. The software is only partially updating the first race for each track on a given day. The race models are now corrupted and I need help to remove the bad races from the corrupted models. Until the issue is resolved, I will use version 6 which lacks some of the reporting features I like on version 5.

Posting here because Cynthia Publishing website is non-responsive to issues regarding version 5.

highnote
01-25-2006, 05:37 AM
I think I just read a post by Okamoto on the cynpub website under the Dick Mitchell tribute thread on their bulletin board.

kitts
01-25-2006, 03:40 PM
This should work for your questions:

Contacts
Voice

323-876-7325
Tech Help

707-320-2695

You can also reach our support staff by visiting the Horsetalk Forum
or using our email Feedback Form.
Fax

323-874-1591
Postal address

Cynthia Publishing
11054 Ventura Blvd. #377
Studio City, CA 91604
Electronic mail

Regarding our products : info@cynthiapublishing.com
Technical questions : techhelp@cynthiapublishing.com
Dick Mitchell : dick@cynthiapublishing.com
Courtney MacGraw : courtney@cynthiapublishing.com
Mark Cramer regarding the C&X Report : candx@cynthiapublishing.com
Website

To report a "bug," or submit a suggestion regarding our computer programs, please use our Feedback Form.

Cynthia Publishing • 11054 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 377 • Studio City CA 91604
Voice (323) 876-7325 • Fax (323) 874-1591
info@cynthiapublishing.com

Overlay
01-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Dick Mitchell : dick@cynthiapublishing.com

Might take a while for a response on that one. (No disrespect intended.)

Sailwolf
01-26-2006, 04:44 AM
Might take a while for a response on that one. (No disrespect intended.)

You mean the e-mail address now might be Dick@God.com or Dick@horseheaven.com? :lol:

facorsig
01-26-2006, 06:16 AM
I think I just read a post by Okamoto on the cynpub website under the Dick Mitchell tribute thread on their bulletin board.

Yes, I caught that, too, thank you. I have noted his e-mail address from his profile. His posting sounded like he was a college student when he wrote ALL IN ONE version 5. Seems like CynPub is under completely different management now as compared to a few years ago and I doubt David still has any links to the new organization thus I am reluctant to ask for this current issue. Previous requests regarding version 5 have not yielded success (e.g. there was a fix issued to stop the program from crashing when races were entirely two year old first time starters which was issued, but I somehow lost).

Sailwolf
01-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Yes, I caught that, too, thank you. I have noted his e-mail address from his profile. His posting sounded like he was a college student when he wrote ALL IN ONE version 5. Seems like CynPub is under completely different management now as compared to a few years ago and I doubt David still has any links to the new organization thus I am reluctant to ask for this current issue. Previous requests regarding version 5 have not yielded success (e.g. there was a fix issued to stop the program from crashing when races were entirely two year old first time starters which was issued, but I somehow lost).

Any response? If so, what was the solution?:confused:

facorsig
01-31-2006, 11:01 AM
The problem was associated with binary race result data file formats for 5 & 6 January. I complained to HDW suspecting the problem to be at their end. HDW replied with a correction, but the correction was not successful and the models were damaged. I could not delete the affected races. At that point I assumed I had mistakenly deleted a key file and posted my request. The correction by HDW was not correct and as of 17 January, they reposted the files for 5 & 6 January with corrected data files. Something to do with a row of zeroes. The program is now operational, but the models are damaged and I can not delete files from the model for AQI, EVD, GP and other tracks running on the affected dates. Ultimately, I have not needed to engage Okamoto, but one by one the models have minor errors and I would like to be able to delete the subject race files.

kitts
01-31-2006, 01:27 PM
facorsig-
Is this still a Version 5 issue? Maybe it is time to bite the bullet and uninstall and reinstall. It appears there is some corruption somewhere. If you no longer have the CD, give Cynthia Publishing a call-I am confident they will send you a replacement. You can get models for the past year from HDW I presume you have tried all the obvious solutions. I had V5 for years and it was good to me. Now V6 has a nice database cleanup function and it is superior to V5, IMHO

facorsig
01-31-2006, 06:33 PM
Yes, I am running both V5 & V6 as they use the same data sets. I still have the original CDs for both programs (and the floppies for earlier versions of ALL IN ONE). I don't want to reset the files because I have at least 4000 races in the race models for each of these tracks. Now that HDW has corrected the format of the binary race result files, I am limited in my ability to delete files from the model. For example, at CD, there is a fst/MidClmr/3YO+/Sprint/Female condition which causes the software to crash due to a corrupt file from May 2003. Here again, I am unable to use the Delete Race from Model function to restore model functionality and simply disregard the race (after the program crashes).

kitts
02-01-2006, 01:25 PM
facorsig-

If you really need those 4000 races there is probably not a real good solution. The only person I can think of is the Cynthia programmer, Steve McIntosh and he may be really challenged by your situation.

Maybe you want to run the softwares side-by-side to determine the value of 4000 races. I do not think they can be that significant. As I have mentioned on this board before, there are so many variables even in the most thoroughly handicapped races.

I might also add that in my years at Cynthia Publishing and the many, many software support calls I took, I was never convinced that more is better. The real decision in wagering has to be made by the player. IMHO, the less clutter for the player to consider, the wiser the decision.

facorsig
02-02-2006, 08:19 AM
I've run the comparison testing. V6 comes out a few percentage points higher and remains my primary tool, but while I am buying the datasets, why not use the datasets twice? Do you have two hammers in your tool box and pick the best one for the application! :bang:

There are some conditions in condition books which are not frequently carded. For example, I have 11553 unique races from Crc. The fst/MidClmr/3YO/Route/Male condition has only been run 39 times with the CT model yielding an average payoff over $17 at 28% wins. Yes, this condition may be offered only a handful of races per year, but just possibly I have a piece of information which other computer handicappers do not have.

I would just like to restore full functionality and be able to delete races from models for certain tracks. This hammer is seeking a claw to pull out a small nail and make the pain go away.

kitts
02-02-2006, 01:21 PM
facorsig-

Good luck to you on your quest