PaceAdvantage
01-06-2006, 05:06 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/1/5/101649.shtml

shanta
01-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Amazing and if true very scary.

DRIVEWAY
01-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Why didn't FOX pickup this story? Is NewsMax.com a recognized news source?
Are the statements in the article verifiable? Is there a second source carrying this story?

Thanks for the info.

PaceAdvantage
01-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Here's how Newsday carried the story:

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:jA6r8NqZaPUJ:www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-italy-algerians-arrested,0,5065135.story%3Fcoll%3Dsns-ap-world-headlines+Italy+Charges+3+Algerians&hl=en

DJofSD
01-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Thanks PA.

I'll watch BBC World News to see if there's anything reported by that service.

shanta
01-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Here's how Newsday carried the story:

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:jA6r8NqZaPUJ:www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-italy-algerians-arrested,0,5065135.story%3Fcoll%3Dsns-ap-world-headlines+Italy+Charges+3+Algerians&hl=en

Not one mention of a threat against us.

:mad:

toetoe
01-06-2006, 07:04 PM
It seems the administration could publicize it easily. Maybe it's better NOT to.

boxcar
01-06-2006, 07:17 PM
The treasonous "patriots" within pose a greater threat to our national security than the terrorists without.

Boxcar

twindouble
01-06-2006, 07:31 PM
The treasonous "patriots" within pose a greater threat to our national security than the terrorists without.

Boxcar

Now, now Boxcar, being born again one should just turn the other cheek and love thy enemies. Treason is a death sentence, well it used to be.

T.D.

boxcar
01-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Now, now Boxcar, being born again one should just turn the other cheek and love thy enemies. Treason is a death sentence, well it used to be.

I think treason has become politically incorrect in this day and age.

And in a time of war, be assured I do love my enemies. I would love to kill them. ;)

Boxcar

toetoe
01-06-2006, 10:34 PM
You mean CHARGING someone with treason.

gurulj
01-07-2006, 09:53 AM
The crux of the story...

"My impression is that the major media want to use the NSA story to try and impeach the president," says Cliff Kincaid, editor of the Accuracy in Media Report published by the grassroots Accuracy in Media organization
"If you remind people that terrorists actually are planning to kill us, that tends to support the case made by President Bush. They will ignore any issue that shows that this kind of [wiretapping] tactic can work in the war on terror.”

"The mainstream media have framed the story as one of the nefarious President Bush ‘spying on U.S. citizens,’ where the average American is a victim not a beneficiary,” commented Brent Baker, vice president of the Media Research Center, a Washington, D.C.-based organization dedicated to encouraging balanced news coverage, "so journalists have little interest in any evidence that the program has helped save lives by uncovering terrorist plans."

"It's clear to me," says AIM's Kincaid, "that they're trying their best to make this NSA program to be an impeachable offense, saying it is directed at ordinary Americans. That's why they keep referring to this as a 'program of spying on Americans' - whereas the president keeps pointing out it's a program designed to uncover al-Qaida operations on American soil."

so.cal.fan
01-07-2006, 09:59 AM
You could be right, Gurulj....however....what is strange is that Fox News didn't run with this story????
Must be something we don't know (yet)?

Tom
01-07-2006, 10:35 AM
"Italian authorities recently announced that they had used wiretaps to uncover the conspiracy to conduct a series of major attacks inside the U.S. "

This will make the libs happy - they are waiting impatiently for more American blood to spill to support their sick, perverted politics. Sec....damn wire taps anyway, eh, buddy?

I am sure many libs would prefer dead Americans to wire tapping. Or insulting a muslem.

Go ahead - impeach Bush. Bring on a pissed off Chenney! :D

How do you spell security?

P-R-O-F-I-L-E

toetoe
01-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Guru,

All Americans are created ordinary. Citizens have rights. Sorry it has to be that simple, but it is. Let's all go through channels, which maybe they DID, and go from there.