PDA

View Full Version : Wire 4 Speed

Boulder
01-05-2006, 05:32 PM
New member and was wondering if anybody knows about a software product called " Wired 4 speed " or wants to sell it. Please contact.

Tom Barrister
01-05-2006, 08:57 PM
What I saw from their website.....

Bill Olmsted endorses it.

Written by two long time mathematicians.

It is manual entry from the DRF.... says 10 minutes a race ...uses lifetime earinings.....then "Distance, Beyer #, Lengths Behind First Call, Lengths Behind At Finish."

They looked at 1500 races to come up with this program.

Claims its top three picks wins 71% of all races.

Example races "What has wired for speed done lately?" are from 1997. Copyright is from 1999. Website is very basic....maybe written back then.

Have to pay for it by check or money order.

I don't own it ...I never saw it ...I don't know how well it works.....You decide for yourself.

rebrick99
01-25-2006, 11:25 PM
I first saw this program advertised in the dailey racing form. It is a manuel
entry program. I bought the program and used it a couple of times but got
bored with all the typing of information. I paid $125.00 for the program. I
called the writter of the program who was from New Jersey and asked him how the program was doing and he told me it wasnt doing that well. I never
used it again and it now sits in my pile of other programs that didnt work.

klynn52
01-26-2006, 12:25 AM
last time , years ago, i used the program i became suspect of the results, so i inputted two horses , horse A with beyers of 1 , 1, 99 and horse B with beyers of 98, 98, 98 , i also greatly advantaged horse b with the other inputs such as last out date , money earned etc. Horse A returned a better ranking, my conclusion - the program simply works using the best beyer of the last three races.The rest of the inputs were not used.-best of the last three races is all it is! lots of typing for no reason! lynn

xfile
01-26-2006, 06:55 AM
sounds quite amateurish (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=amateurish) to me...nothing in this day and age should be manual entry....heck those formulator data files are easy to export and write programs to :cool: