PDA

View Full Version : Synergism VI question

Houndog
01-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Just a brief question on Bob Purdy's Synergism program. Does this program produce velocity read-outs or does it it just rank these ratings? (Ep, Sp, etc.) I know it does give you the actual TPR readouts EPR-LPR-TPR, so would the developer assume that FPS ratings be redundant?

Thanks for any info.

shanta
01-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Just a brief question on Bob Purdy's Synergism program. Does this program produce velocity read-outs or does it it just rank these ratings? (Ep, Sp, etc.) I know it does give you the actual TPR readouts EPR-LPR-TPR, so would the developer assume that FPS ratings be redundant?

Thanks for any info.

Hi Houndog,

It shows fractional times and TPR numbers. It has all this velocity stuff built into these very simple numbers.

Maybe there is something "under the hood" I am not aware of ( a distinct possibility) Here is the website where you can contact Bob

http://synergism-sdp.com/

hope this helps

Richie

shoelessjoe
01-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Houndog,I can tell you from previous experience that Bob stands behind his product and will answer all of your questions.Shoeless

Houndog
01-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Thanks Richie and shoe for the advice. I e-mailed Bob Purdy to find out. I am guessing that the rankings are there, but the readouts will be for the TPR ratings only. As Richie stated the TPR readings encompass EP, etc.

Houndog
01-06-2006, 07:53 PM
I e-mailed Bob Purdy and received a prompt reply. Bob stated that Synergism VI makes all its calculations in FPS and then converts them back to time for display in the program. As he stated time is easier to understand for most handicappers than FPS.

The reason I am replying again is I thought other people might be interested in how the calculations were made.