PDA

View Full Version : beat the 7% rebate with bris_power fig

formula_2002
01-02-2006, 07:58 AM
Ok, here is my new years gift to the board. :)

It's part of the x13 model.
Based on 3611 plays, the favorite with the top bris_power fig in fields >=9 returns a show bet loss of 6%. The average win pool odds are 1.42-1
Those results are for 2005.

The complete x13 model seems to knock those results down to about 2% or less.

I would appreciate it if any db guys post their results for the above condition.

Happy New Year

Joe M

Blackgold
01-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Hey Form. . . if you have the time, would you run the X Master with the BRIS Class Fig?

There is a math whiz that does no handicapping at only, just crunches numbers using the BRIS Class Figs- all to structure Pick 6's. And he's hit some big ones, including one for a million.

This was in one of their newsletters in '03 or '04. And the year of the story he avg. hitting a Pick 6 about once every two months.

In the report he says he analyzed every speed number, etc. out there and found the BRIS Class Fig to be the most reliable predictor. He has a PHD in Finance and is currently a self employed horse race ace.

Thanking you in advance.

Happy New Year and good luck!

formula_2002
01-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Hey Form. . . if you have the time, would you run the X Master with the BRIS Class Fig?

There is a math whiz that does no handicapping at only, just crunches numbers using the BRIS Class Figs- all to structure Pick 6's. And he's hit some big ones, including one for a million.

This was in one of their newsletters in '03 or '04. And the year of the story he avg. hitting a Pick 6 about once every two months.

In the report he says he analyzed every speed number, etc. out there and found the BRIS Class Fig to be the most reliable predictor. He has a PHD in Finance and is currently a self employed horse race ace.

Thanking you in advance.

Happy New Year and good luck!

From stuff I did a few years ago, I think most any single bris figure will do the same thing. I did test x13 using the top bris Speed and got mostly the same results as the Bris power fig. But I’ll run x13 and the bris class and let you know the results.

highnote
01-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Ok, here is my new years gift to the board. :)

It's part of the x13 model.
Based on 3611 plays, the favorite with the top bris_power fig in fields >=9 returns a show bet loss of 6%. The average win pool odds are 1.42-1
Those results are for 2005.

The complete x13 model seems to knock those results down to about 2% or less.

I would appreciate it if any db guys post their results for the above condition.

Happy New Year

Joe M

I'm not surprised that the bris fig would return a profit. Anything that is not widely used, but with predictive value, should return a profit. If enough people start using it, it will still be predictive, but will lose it's profitablility.

I have no doubt that there are lots of good numbers and ratings publicly available. The tricky part is having enough time and ability to find them.

Thanks for posting this. This saves some work.

formula_2002
01-02-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm not surprised that the bris fig would return a profit. Anything that is not widely used, but with predictive value, should return a profit. If enough people start using it, it will still be predictive, but will lose it's profitablility.

I have no doubt that there are lots of good numbers and ratings publicly available. The tricky part is having enough time and ability to find them.

Thanks for posting this. This saves some work.

WOW, I thought it was widely used!!

The whole idea of the x13 model is to find those races where the public has very good information, which in turn produces low odds and then, the public over reacts to the low odds and trys to beat themselves, unsuccessfully of course. :cool:
catch 22

ps those bris figures are losses (6% loss, 2% loss).. It's just that they turn profitable after a 7% rebate.

highnote
01-02-2006, 03:03 PM
WOW, I thought it was widely used!!

The whole idea of the x13 model is to find those races where the public has very good information, which in turn produces low odds and then, the public over reacts to the low odds and trys to beat themselves, unsuccessfully of course. :cool:
catch 22

ps those bris figures are losses (6% loss, 2% loss).. It's just that they turn profitable after a 7% rebate.

I misunderstood what you were saying. Your thread title said beat the 7% rebate. I thought that meant you could make enough money with certain information that you didn't need the rebate to win.

I understand what you're saying and it makes sense. Thanks.