PDA

View Full Version : Monti results for today Jan 1 2006

lurker
01-01-2006, 03:03 PM
I guess that the mighty m did not renew their simulcasting contracts. Does anyone know where to get results for todays races?
Thanks

46zilzal
01-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Equibase.com

Figman
01-01-2006, 03:45 PM
It's the horsemen's fault. Their executive board, against the wishes of the rank and file, refused to sign off on interstate simulcasts for 2006 as required by federal law. This despite all the purse increases they got from their slots in 2005.

A bunch of fools that are only slitting their own throats as 90% of the money comes from off track.

lurker
01-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Any thoughts about where to get results. The website www.monticelloraceway.com doesn't have results yet. Bris.com and racingchannel.com don't either.

Figman
01-01-2006, 04:01 PM
http://tinyurl.com/9exue

lurker
01-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks alot figman!!!!!

lurker
01-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Figman, can I ask you to post a new link after the last race of the day? Thank you very very much!!!

Figman
01-01-2006, 05:13 PM
They had 12 races and all 12 results are available through the posted link.

hbeck
01-01-2006, 05:31 PM
So, if I understand this correctly- the handle is only on-track at Monti until this contract is approved?

Is there any place to view the pools for the races today, not just the reults?

lurker
01-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Got it. Once again thanks.

Figman
01-01-2006, 05:55 PM
There is no contract necessary. By federal law the horsemen have to give their written permission for the simulcast to be exported out of state. The horsemen at Monticello are witholding that letter of permission.

250 or so OTBs in NYS and ontrack patrons can still wager into the pools.

hbeck
01-01-2006, 05:57 PM
OK- thanks. I was at AQU today (hit three triples, rare for me) but they don't normally show Monti anyway.

melman
01-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Figman this whole mess at Monticello can be summed up in one word===Stupid. Huge % of there handle comes from off track bets so what do they come up with lets shut off the off track handle. Yeah right. :bang:

Tom
01-02-2006, 11:48 AM
I could never undersatnd why the horsemen have any say at all in track operations. Why not the jockeys and grooms? Actually, from my point of view, the horsemen are the worst influence on all racing. Their place is to enter fit horses, ready to run, and not doped up. Period. :(

Zman179
01-02-2006, 04:31 PM
This press release from the Monticello Harness Horsemens Association might shine some light onto this:

MONTICELLO MANAGEMENT RENEGES
Posted by News Room 04:25 PM 02-Jan-2006 NZST

The management at Monticello Raceway, empowered by their collection of lucrative slots money pursuant to legislation established to help the racing industry, has decided that it has no obligation to pay any monies from VLT revenue to the Monticello harness horsemen.

Monticello Management believes that whatever it decides to pay to the horsemen is all that the horsemen should expect.

In Management’s view, the horsemen have no right to expect Management to live up to an agreement that was made to pay 9.25 percent of the VLT revenue to the horsemen instead of the 7.5 percent of said money, if the horsemen's association helped Management raise the industry share of VLT revenue from 29 percent to 40 percent.

The horsemen did their part by working very hard in persuading Albany to increase the industry's share of VLT revenue from 29 percent to 40 oecent.

Now that Management has achieved their legislative goals with the help of the horsemen, one would expect that Management would live up to their part of the bargain. Instead, Management has decided to withhold from the horsemen 3-4 million dollars of VLT revenues and told the horsemen that whatever they are to receive from Management comes from the goodness of Management's heart.

While holding these monies, Management has slashed the horsemen's purses, and, in September of 2005, began the further insult of withholding mandatory contractual payments made to the horsemen's association to subsidise the cost of the horsemen's hospitalisation and medical insurance.

This was believed to be done in order to force the horsemen into submission and accept whatever percentage of VLT revenues Monticello Management felt the horsemen should receive. This tactic has placed in jeopardy the health and welfare of the horsemen and their families.

The horsemen became frustrated when management refused to negotiate these matters and live up to management's prior agreement concerning the distribution of 9.25 percent of VLT revenue.

Thus, it should have come at no surprise to Management that when they demanded that the horsemen provide Federally required approval to transmit Monticello's interstate simulcast signal, the horsemen communicated their refusal 10 days ago.

Not to be obstructionists however, the horsemen agreed to around the clock negotiations to discuss all outstanding issues and achieve a global settlement. Management, apparently concerned only for issues that place money in its pocket, including that money rightfully belonging to the horsemen, attended but one negotiating session and has not sat down with the horsemen since.

Management’s substantive response to this call for around the clock negotiations was not to attempt to negotiation, but rather to slash purses by 50 percent while still holding on to the $3-4 million dollars of horsemen’s money. Rather than pay the horsemen their rightful money, Management has chosen to punish them for refusing to approve the further lacing of Management’s pockets with simulcast money while depriving the horsemen of their rightful share of VLT revenues.

“Management begged for VLTs, as did we all.

Now that "they" have them, they feel they can treat the horsemen as galley slaves who are entitled to be treated as no more than that,” DeSimone said.

“Maybe it’s time for the legislature to reexamine how VLT money is controlled and distributed. Possibly, a requirement for consent for VLTs by the horsemen, as is required for interstate simulcasting pursuant to Federal Law, should be considered by the State. VLTs were established to assist the racing industry; a model not served by leaving the track in control of what portion is to be given to other segments of the industry; that is, the owners, trainers and drivers. The Legislature did not do this to make track operators wealthy while leaving the horse racing industry in New York State subject to Managements’ whims.”

With one harness track already in bankruptcy and the supposedly lucrative New York Racing Association on the precipice of bankruptcy until a few days ago, the horsemen have absolute right to be acutely concerned about their money.

The horsemen of Monticello have no intent of allowing Management to hold their own money hostage.

Figman
01-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Keep in mind that the NY Video Lottery Law was changed last year in that the horsemen cannot get a direct payment rate from the statute, The horseman have to negotiate a rate with management and put that in contractual terms. The horsemen have NO contract. Looks like someone is not telling the truth. Here's what management says:
http://tinyurl.com/e4gbm

stlseeeek
01-02-2006, 08:36 PM
the article from management was a super cheezy propaganda article.

Monticello horseman need to stick otgether if their say is true. When you help one line their pockets with vld machines, you should get a piece of thr pie also!

Not paying insurance payments? I remember Tony Morgan, he was such a bal lbuster as Illinois horseman prez, that Balmoral offered the horseman almost 20% more to the fund if they fired Tony Morgan as Prez. They said no, stayed together and broke Balmorals ballz!

PS i have to interest, although i found Monticello a decent betting track, once hit 6 of 7 races, then signal went dead(nice otb in sauget illinois :roll:)