PDA

View Full Version : Derby 06

abe
12-29-2005, 08:22 AM
In an article in the HorsePlayer Magazine, a writer lists his starting 20 for this years Derby. They are: A.P. Warrior, Bashert, Bluegrass Cat, Congo King, Dawn of War, Discreet Cat, Fabled, Fidrych, First Samurai, Flashy Bull, Garibaldi, High Cotton, Pure Symmetry, Music School, Old Thunder, Bob and John, Superfly, Stevie Wonderboy, Stonesider, Strong Contender. OK what do you think of these?

sjk
12-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Does anyone have a list for the fillies?

xfile
12-29-2005, 09:05 AM
In an article in the HorsePlayer Magazine, a writer lists his starting 20 for this years Derby. They are: A.P. Warrior, Bashert, Bluegrass Cat, Congo King, Dawn of War, Discreet Cat, Fabled, Fidrych, First Samurai, Flashy Bull, Garibaldi, High Cotton, Pure Symmetry, Music School, Old Thunder, Bob and John, Superfly, Stevie Wonderboy, Stonesider, Strong Contender. OK what do you think of these?

No Henny Hughes?? This could be Dubai's year. Someone mentioned all Dubai 3yo's are automatic throw-out. I tend to look at things differently. In my view they are overdue perhaps. Give me 75-1 on a future and I'm all over it. :cool:

abe
12-29-2005, 01:47 PM
The only ones of these that are on my current watch list are: First Samurai, High Cotton, Music School, Bob and John, Superfly, Stevie Wonderboy, and Stonesider. How many will make it to the Derby, let alone win, is anyones guess, but for many the topic of conversation, for the next four months, will be just that. So let's discuss, share thoughts, and not ridicule.

46zilzal
12-29-2005, 01:55 PM
until APRIL of their three year old season, it is all conjecture and bravado and little else.

Tee
12-29-2005, 02:16 PM
It is all conjecture and bravado and little else.

On this board that would be a problem because? :D :D

Tee
12-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Hey Abe,

I've been following Music School since I saw him break his mdn first out. Will continue to watch him progress towards the Derby, along with anyone else who jumps up and catches my eye.

46zilzal
12-29-2005, 02:23 PM
no problem, just a dose of reality

depalma13
01-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Pure Symmetry has been retired to stud, so at least one's out.