PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 17

Valuist
12-28-2005, 04:26 PM
bad week last week at 1-3
46-38 on the season

Not much to like in week 17 with not knowing how "well meant" each team is.

Houston -2 over SF---First off, I think Houston is the better team. They could've easily won 6 games or so but found ways to lose. If anyone would try to lose, IMO, it would be San Fran. Not that they would have to try hard to do it.....but QB Alex Smith was a high school teammate of Reggie Bush. I'm sure he'd figure they take him with the #1 pick, which he would greatly prefer over the Niners taking Matt Leinart, who would steal Smith's job. Of course, Smith has been so bad this year that it wouldn't be fair to say he'd try to throw the game.

GaryG
12-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Great pick....everybody in Hou is under pressure to win and keep their jobs. They have been playing quite well recently too, at least by comparison...:lol:. That Frisco franchise is like a dead man walking and it couldn't happen to anyone more deserving...Go Bears!

Valuist
12-31-2005, 01:35 PM
Cincy/KC OVER 46

Two very strong offenses and two defenses with problems. Enough said.

Valuist
01-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Chicago/Minn UNDER 34 1/2

Orton, not Grossman, is starting. I would've thought they'd give Grossman some more playing time before the playoffs since he's only played 6 quarters of regular season football going back to Sept 2004. The Bears have been a big time under machine w/Orton starting and Minny has been something of an under machine this year also.

Valuist
01-02-2006, 03:48 PM
A stupid 0-3. I know better than to wager on week 17. I only originally was going to make 1 play. If KC put up 37, what are the odds Cincy can't even get into double digits. Even when their starters were playing, Cincy's defense looked bad. I think Pittsburgh is going to take them out next weekend.

GaryG
01-02-2006, 04:09 PM
I didn't see the Bears and Vikings....any excuses for Da Bears?

Valuist
01-03-2006, 12:41 AM
They played backups the entire second half. The defense had a few starters in but mostly backups. In any event, whoever was on the field in the second half CANNOT TACKLE. I think that completely wiped out any comparisons to the Bears of the 1984-1988 vintage.

rastajenk
01-03-2006, 03:27 PM
I think Pittsburgh is going to take them (the Bengals) out next weekend.

That seems to be the conventional wisdom. Which makes it a good bet-against, in my humble yet peerless opinion. :cool: Who-Dey!

Valuist
01-03-2006, 04:39 PM
216 points allowed in their last 7 games. That's just under 31 a game. Defense wins championships. The Bengals D was getting lots of turnovers in the first half of the season which masked their other defensive deficiencies.

WINMANWIN
01-03-2006, 10:40 PM
The Texans field goal kicker missed a chip shot on purpose I believe 3 weeks ago to Ensure a Texans LOSS and he missed a 31 yard field goal ON PURPOSE ALSO this past weekend. If the Texans WOULD HAVE WON, The SAINTS would
get the #1 draft pick. I'm sure the Texan's Ownership is not to UPSET with the place kicker :ThmbUp:

Valuist
01-04-2006, 09:50 AM
I don't buy into the "trying to lose theory". When you get down to it, everyone is really for themself. Why try to play poorly and hurt your own stats? You'll pay the price at contract time, or end up getting cut. Making $500K on a bad team beats the hell out of the regular working world.

WINMANWIN
01-04-2006, 10:01 AM
I don't buy into the "trying to lose theory". When you get down to it, everyone is really for themself. Why try to play poorly and hurt your own stats? You'll pay the price at contract time, or end up getting cut. Making $500K on a bad team beats the hell out of the regular working world.

Well in the Texan's game, The starting QB STARTED, Then sat OUT, with a supposed Injury ;) early in the game. I believe the starting running back didn't play. I am not into the FIX conspiracy either, and AGREE players Try all the time, Unlike Jockeys :ThmbDown: but in this situation, it's quite obvious The franchise wanted the #1 Pick, and the kicker Ensured it.

Valuist
01-04-2006, 10:15 AM
The franchise probably wanted it (#1 pick), agree on that. But there's definitely a level of incompetance there. They had found ways to lose all year; they actually had a 5-2 against the spread run at one point. I also don't think they are a lock to keep the pick. Dominic Davis is a solid runner and they really need a couple offensive lineman to protect Carr. I could see them trading the pick for at least one proven veteran lineman and maybe a couple other draft picks. I think the Saints are a lock to take Leinart.

Kind of funny how SF fell all the way to 7th in the draft.

WINMANWIN
01-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Dan Reeves was hired as a consultant to the Texans. They just may trade the #1 pick for multiple players. Teams have done it before, Jimmy Johnson did it, and it worked out. Reggie Bush the #1 pick is touted to be one of THE TOP 5 running Back's of ALL TIME. It should be a Real Dandy of a Game Tonite. I'm Curious to see Bush play against TEXAS.

Valuist
01-04-2006, 12:41 PM
I think Texas will keep it close.

GaryG
01-04-2006, 01:39 PM
USC is loaded with first round draft material. Jarrett and White sure look like pro stars to me. If Texas gets behind it could be another avalanche. They have to come out hard and fast to make a game of it.

Valuist
01-04-2006, 01:47 PM
USC may have more talent but we've seen in a number of bowl games, talent doesn't always win out. I question USC's hunger; they've won 2 national championships and have 2 Heisman winners.

BetHorses!
01-04-2006, 07:12 PM
USC may have more talent but we've seen in a number of bowl games, talent doesn't always win out. I question USC's hunger; they've won 2 national championships and have 2 Heisman winners.

I agree and bet Texas a week ago

GaryG
01-04-2006, 07:19 PM
I don't bet a lot on football but bet USC pretty good. That lack of hungriness is bs. They are out to make history and will come out flying.

BetHorses!
01-04-2006, 07:29 PM
I don't bet a lot on football but bet USC pretty good. That lack of hungriness is bs. They are out to make history and will come out flying.

I bet Texas pretty good. We should have got together and saved the juice :) Good Luck

I think you may see the line go down to 6.5 by game time