PDA

View Full Version : Bad day for Tom Schell

karlskorner
12-27-2005, 05:48 PM
DQ'd in 5th today at CRC, bumping incident at 1/16th pole. I have seen much worst incidents overlooked by stewards. However, it was a good "2nd race after claim by trainer" angle, he still got place money. Unfortunately horse was claimed. An angle that I have used for years " Jocks only mount for the day ", went into the races with 3 "only" mounts, 1st won paid $13.80, Tom's rider was the 2nd ( would have paid $12 and change ), 3rd I lost.

lsbets
12-27-2005, 06:08 PM
The bump looked a lot worse from the back camera than from the front. I was pretty surprised when I checked the results and saw the DQ. It was a gutsy effort by the horse coming back after getting passed the way she did.

CryingForTheHorses
12-29-2005, 07:16 PM
DQ'd in 5th today at CRC, bumping incident at 1/16th pole. I have seen much worst incidents overlooked by stewards. However, it was a good "2nd race after claim by trainer" angle, he still got place money. Unfortunately horse was claimed. An angle that I have used for years " Jocks only mount for the day ", went into the races with 3 "only" mounts, 1st won paid $13.80, Tom's rider was the 2nd ( would have paid $12 and change ), 3rd I lost.

I dont think it was so bad Karl...I may not have got all the money.BUT she won the race, She was also claimed on the raise..Second money was 2.2k plus 2k extra for the claim..PLUS got my 8k back..When you can do that consistently Like I do.You do make money.I have has 7 horses claimed off me this year ...On the raise.It would have been nice to get all the money as the jock rode a very good race on her.The best thing about it all!..IT was a little guy that got moved up for the win, also a good friend of mine whose family and stable could use the money.It sure is nice of you to keep a close eye on me, Too bad you wont step forward and say hi..

RXB
12-29-2005, 08:48 PM
The best thing about it all!..IT was a little guy that got moved up for the win, also a good friend of mine whose family and stable could use the money.

That's nice, at least. Happy New Year, Tom.

Pace Cap'n
12-29-2005, 09:01 PM
I dont think it was so bad Karl...I may not have got all the money.BUT she won the race, She was also claimed on the raise..Second money was 2.2k plus 2k extra for the claim..PLUS got my 8k back..When you can do that consistently Like I do.You do make money.I have has 7 horses claimed off me this year ...On the raise.It would have been nice to get all the money as the jock rode a very good race on her.The best thing about it all!..IT was a little guy that got moved up for the win, also a good friend of mine whose family and stable could use the money.It sure is nice of you to keep a close eye on me, Too bad you wont step forward and say hi..

POTY?

CryingForTheHorses
12-30-2005, 05:24 AM
POTY?

??????????

Valuist
12-30-2005, 10:24 AM
McShell-

I see you have a horse going tomorrow in a maiden claimer. I don't have the pps in front of me so I can't remember the name but I remember its making its first start for a tag after shipping in from Charles Town by way of Philly Park. What did you think of its chances tomorrow? Looks like there's going to be a fairly heavy favorite but other than that, there isn't much. I would have to think you have a good shot at hitting the board.

GL

Tom
12-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Boy Tom, your sure have a good attitude. :)

Happy New Year - hope you have a good one.:ThmbUp:

TimesTheyRAChangin
12-30-2005, 12:01 PM
??????????

I think he was plugging you for Post Of The Year.

CryingForTheHorses
12-30-2005, 02:13 PM
McShell-

I see you have a horse going tomorrow in a maiden claimer. I don't have the pps in front of me so I can't remember the name but I remember its making its first start for a tag after shipping in from Charles Town by way of Philly Park. What did you think of its chances tomorrow? Looks like there's going to be a fairly heavy favorite but other than that, there isn't much. I would have to think you have a good shot at hitting the board.

GL

Im not a guy who likes to tout my horses, All I will say is that its his first start at Calder, He did breeze in 37 over the track..AND he is feeling good...Good Luck!

Suff
12-31-2005, 09:50 PM

:ThmbUp: .

rock on.