PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead

abe
12-24-2005, 06:23 PM
A few of the ones I have on my watch list that have settled in Florida for the winter are: Absolute Ruler, Admirals Arch, Bluegrass Cat, D Broken Speed, Dixie Swinger, First Samurai, Half Ours, High Cotton, Keyed Entry, Little Cliff, My Golden Song, Sunriver, Tropical Play, Velvet Cat, and Western Slam. Of course these are not all the ones on my watch list. Several have yet to start working after their last win, so I do not know where they may wind up.Those of you familiar with the "Road to the Roses" contest, know that it pays to have horses from different sections of the country on your list. With this in mind, my California horses, so far. are: Bob and John, Artistic Song, Brite Maneuvers, Cousins Lew, Frisco Star, and Stevie Wonderboy. There are several in the NY, CD, LAD, Laurel, Turfway area that I'm waiting to see if they will move or stay put for the races in their area. With the damage in the LA area, many will stay put.

xfile
12-25-2005, 05:07 AM
I believe the one horse people don't give enough credit to is Henny Hughes. This guy has a very big heart and will carry that speed as he matures. I have visions of War Emblem dancing in my head. :cool:

cnollfan
12-25-2005, 03:41 PM
I like Henny Hughes too. Even though he had run those absurd fractions before the Breeders' Cup, everybody was so surprised that he turned the tables on First Samurai.

OTM Al
12-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Not terribly surprsied given it was a one turn race. He went off to Dubai anyway, which practically makes him a throwout. And Private Vow anyone.....He's my #1 right now followed by First Samurai, Bluegrass Cat and then Stevie

xfile
12-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Not terribly surprsied given it was a one turn race. He went off to Dubai anyway, which practically makes him a throwout. And Private Vow anyone.....He's my #1 right now followed by First Samurai, Bluegrass Cat and then Stevie

I'm thinking Private Vow is getting too much steam for no good reason. I'll be convinced once he can run well versus the good ones. My thoughts are that perhaps the equipment fiasco was a mood point and that he would have faded. His recent win was not impressive. :cool:

46zilzal
12-26-2005, 06:53 PM
I believe the one horse people don't give enough credit to is Henny Hughes. This guy has a very big heart and will carry that speed as he matures. I have visions of War Emblem dancing in my head. :cool:
unless this one matures A LOT, there are distance limitations all over the place int he past performances akin to Galloping Grover last year.