PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Park

karlskorner
12-22-2005, 10:24 AM
For those who plan on visiting GP this year, according to a transcript from Bloodhorse with Scott Savin, Pres. of GP, the first floor will be finished, inside and out, FREE admission. When the 2nd floor is finished (Feb.) there will be a $10.00 charge. There is a 900 seat areana in the paddock area for viewing (about time somebody thought of this). Food courts on 1st floor are finished. Seperate rooms for simulcasting are finished. Large screen plasma TV's throughout and on the tote board. Thank you Mr. Stronach.

cj
12-22-2005, 10:45 AM
This weekly Gulfstream Ad brought to you by Karl. I wish it came with video so we could see his pom poms. :)

karlskorner
12-22-2005, 11:02 AM
All the "big" names are here and I am EXCITED. From the land of milk and honey, I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas.

the little guy
12-22-2005, 11:09 AM
This weekly Gulfstream Ad brought to you by Karl. I wish it came with video so we could see his pom poms. :)

Feels like a two week suspension is in order for you.

JustRalph
12-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Feels like a two week suspension is in order for you.

:lol: :lol:

DJofSD
12-22-2005, 12:47 PM
"No soup for you!"

OTM Al
12-22-2005, 12:59 PM
I personally can't wait to see it and will be down for Donn Handicap weekend again this year....only going to go to the track 2 days though as i must take a day at my new favorite place in the world, Parrot Jungle Island.

boxcar
12-22-2005, 01:17 PM
I personally can't wait to see it and will be down for Donn Handicap weekend again this year....only going to go to the track 2 days though as i must take a day at my new favorite place in the world, Parrot Jungle Island.

Do they, by chance, feature air races there?

Boxcar

OTM Al
12-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Hehehe....Unfortunately no. If you like zoos or birds its a great place to visit if you are in Miami though. I like parrots quite a bit and you can get up close with many species there. Some you can even hand feed and pet (well...you are not supposed to pet them, but having a parrot myself, there are certain signals they give when they really want a head scratch). In one area though you can actually hold a Hyacinth Macaw, which is the biggest of all parrot species...almost 3ft from beak to tail. Very beautiful and very docile. I may also hit the Miami Zoo while I'm there too as they have finally finished reconstructing their aviary after it was destroyed way back during hurricane Andrew. I guess I just kinda like all sorts of animals.

Figman
12-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Did these birds relocate from the Hialeah entrance?

WINMANWIN
12-22-2005, 05:11 PM
I am looking forward to going this year. I visited last year, and I was in a BIG
TENT :D Any word on the VLT'S ? Will they be ONLINE Opening Day ? Not that I want to play them, but just curious. N.Y.R.A still hasn't got the New York State Lottery Group to SIGN OFF on the VLT'S yet. :D So construction
is still pending :faint: It's also Funny how Joe Bruno's son, is NO longer a paid
lobbyist for Magna & Mr. Stronach :lol: Some months ago Senator Bruno suggested that N.Y.R.A should LOSE the Franchise Etc, Recently his Son QUIT being a paid Lobbyist for Magna, and just the other day Senator Bruno
states that he Wants to HELP N.Y.R.A with Financing to BAIL them out.
THE COMEDY CONTINUES :bang:

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2005, 06:57 PM
It's also Funny how Joe Bruno's son, is NO longer a paid
lobbyist for Magna & Mr. Stronach :lol: Some months ago Senator Bruno suggested that N.Y.R.A should LOSE the Franchise Etc, Recently his Son QUIT being a paid Lobbyist for Magna, and just the other day Senator Bruno
states that he Wants to HELP N.Y.R.A with Financing to BAIL them out.
THE COMEDY CONTINUES :bang:

Just so nobody is misled, Bruno only wants to help them out in the interim.....he certainly is not looking to help them out so that they can retain the franchise....

And the reason his son is no longer a paid lobbyist for Magna is because he decided to move on to other things in life. You know, once your job in one area is finished, you move onto another, more challenging area.....

OTM Al
12-22-2005, 07:10 PM
I thought I saw something about him (Bruno's son) doing something with Yonkers Raceway (trotters)......Article said that despite the fact the place hasn't been open since June, and would as soon not reopen, it pulled in $3 million from NY OTB at the same time NYRA was/is thinking about bankruptcy....just another example how corrupt this thing still is

WINMANWIN
12-22-2005, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]Just so nobody is misled, Bruno only wants to help them out in the interim.....he certainly is not looking to help them out so that they can retain the franchise....

THINK SO :confused: I say MERRY CHRISTMAS N.Y.R.A :jump: NOW IT'S A 1 TO 5 SHOT N.Y.R.A retains the franchise in 2007, and still Claim Bankruptcy
BY YEAR'S END............ BTW, JUST A HUNCH PLAY, Like the Redskins beating the Giants this week. The FALCONS & COWBOYS possibly playing Tuff in Carolina ALSO. :confused:

PaceAdvantage
12-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Maybe you know something I don't know winman, but as far as I know, Bruno ain't no friend of NYRA, and hasn't been for a number of years now.....

WINMANWIN
12-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Maybe you know something I don't know winman, but as far as I know, Bruno ain't no friend of NYRA, and hasn't been for a number of years now.....

He Obviously changed his MIND :D If Senator Bruno did not recently request Additional FUNDING for N.Y.R.A, To Assist them. Their situation would still be in LIMBO. With his help, they have HOPE. Now if he can possibly get the Lottery Gents to SIGN -OFF on the VLT'S, you would think they would
Honor him with a statue AT the SPA in the coming years. ;)