PDA

View Full Version : Shave & A Haircut...

Observer
12-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Johnny Damon will be welcomed to the Yankees with a shave & a haircut!!
:D :D

Welcome, Johnny!

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Indeed!! A VERY welcome addition!!

But don't worry Sox fans, with Damon, it will be outta sight, outta mind, cause after his shave and haircut (no idiots allowed on the Yanks), you won't be able to recognize your beloved Johnny Angel anymore!!! :lol:

But seriously folks, how weird is it gonna be seeing JD leading off in pinstripes next year!!!??!!!

Damn Mr. Steinbrenner, don't you realize our team LOST MONEY last year (and the year before) after all the revenue sharing and luxury taxes were taken into account....and here you go again, throwing more money after a marquee player....WTG!

What price victory? :lol:

lsbets
12-22-2005, 12:45 AM
And Bernie Williams decides to stay in NY and finish his career as a Yankee. I guess neither one needed to take the subway to the contract signings.

cj
12-22-2005, 03:09 AM
What price victory? :lol:

I'm trying to remember the last meaningful victory, maybe you could refresh my memory? :lol:

Observer
12-22-2005, 03:23 AM
:rolleyes:

xfile
12-22-2005, 05:45 AM
Johnny Damon will be welcomed to the Yankees with a shave & a haircut!!
:D :D

Welcome, Johnny!

I wonder if MVP Baseball 2006 will have Damon as a Yankee.....that would be a big difference.

WINMANWIN
12-22-2005, 09:21 AM
The Sox fans have to be UPSET with Damon going to the EVIL EMPIRE.
IF Ramirez leaves next, The fans may boycot the upcoming season :(
No Wonder Theo Epstien Quit :rolleyes:

GaryG
12-22-2005, 09:44 AM
The term "Red Sox Nation" makes me want to puke. The RSN exists in New England....period. The Yanks are a classy org with players that know how to win and don't whine. Notice how Sheffield is suddenly under control and has been a fine team player in NY. Also notice how fast they got rid of Mondesi. I'd like to see them win every year.

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm trying to remember the last meaningful victory, maybe you could refresh my memory? :lol:

Exactly my point.

OTM Al
12-22-2005, 03:10 PM
He is not the Johnny Damon the Sox got from the Royals, but he should solidify both the team defense and batting order that was in so much flux last year. The key though is going to be the middle relief. A lot of new arms have been brought in, so maybe that will be ok. Payroll should actually drop this year though as Bernie's contract (glad he's back even if it is a limited role) is much smaller and Kevin (what were they thinking) Brown has been let go. The starting rotation will rely on Johnson and Mussina, who both are up in years.....going to be interesting anyway. Can't wait to see what happens. I'd settle for a Royals-Tampa matchup right now I'm so starved for baseball

Suff
12-22-2005, 07:10 PM
The term "Red Sox Nation" makes me want to puke. .

Red Sox Nation!

(I hope you have your new shoes on).

Winning does'nt mean class. Sox are a class outfit..period. And so what if RSN is a NE term only? Its a sports term... meant to be part of (and add to) the FUN of following a team passionately. Its not real life ...

Anyway...Sox have a decent following in Tennesee because the Memphis Red Sox played there for 30 or 40 years. 1920-1950's.

GaryG
12-22-2005, 07:18 PM
OK Suff, you win. I don't think we have any Sox (Red) in our area, we have the Elizabethton Twins, Johnson City Cardinals and Bristol White Sox in the Appalachian League. Kirby Puckett started here.

Suff
12-22-2005, 07:25 PM
OK Suff, you win. I don't think we have any Sox (Red) in our area, we have the Elizabethton Twins, Johnson City Cardinals and Bristol White Sox in the Appalachian League. Kirby Puckett started here.

I just try and have the most fun with it I can. I make pretend serious about it.

With Damon going to the Yanks....and Manny likely gone, and with a new GM, it appears the sox are fragmenting and this will be a "rebuilding year"....ughh!

WINMANWIN
12-22-2005, 08:28 PM
I just try and have the most fun with it I can. I make pretend serious about it.

With Damon going to the Yanks....and Manny likely gone, and with a new GM, it appears the sox are fragmenting and this will be a "rebuilding year"....ughh!

CERTAINLY APPEARS THAT WAY :sleeping: BUT YOU ALWAYS LOVED LONGSHOTS Suff, just when you Writ'em Off they Surprise you with an Adequate season. Tell you one think, If the PATRIOTS do another Houdini this year, you wont mind a decline with your SOX club. Merry Christmas & GOD BLESS ! :ThmbUp:

BIG RED
12-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Johnny who ......???