PDA

View Full Version : PaceAdvantage

twindouble
12-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Question, why does my handle that's listed bottom of the page have a asterisk? Also a star on my beginners thread, there's better threads posted than mine and I don't see any other stars? Anyway, I don't want draw any more attention, I'll be overwhelmed. :lol: Please remove them.

Thanks,

T.D.

PaceAdvantage
12-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Easy answers:

1) The star indicates you have invisible mode enabled....you don't appear on the active user list on the home page...of course, you see it, because it's you, but nobody else sees your name there....it's the reason why the number of registered users online does not match the number of names shown...

2) The star means some fellow board members have rated your thread. Any registered user can rate a thread using the RATE THREAD drop down box at the top right of each thread....

DJofSD
12-21-2005, 10:01 PM
TD, don't go paranoid on us now. We still like you.

Tom
12-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Thank goodness we don't use the reputation points anymore!:D

lsbets
12-21-2005, 10:30 PM

I don't know, it could have been fun to watch Steve's rep. :lol:

JustRalph
12-21-2005, 10:47 PM
I don't know, it could have been fun to watch Steve's rep. :lol:

Wow! I never even thought about that?????????? PA?

twindouble
12-21-2005, 10:50 PM
TD, don't go paranoid on us now. We still like you.

Thanks DJ;

Boy, you guys don't know how much I struggle posting, there's no spell check here and I'm back and forth using my spell check on my e-mail and I'm really putting in and effort to improve my grammar. :bang: I put in less work handicapping. :cool:

twindouble
12-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Easy answers:

1) The star indicates you have invisible mode enabled....you don't appear on the active user list on the home page...of course, you see it, because it's you, but nobody else sees your name there....it's the reason why the number of registered users online does not match the number of names shown...

2) The star means some fellow board members have rated your thread. Any registered user can rate a thread using the RATE THREAD drop down box at the top right of each thread....

Thanks PA. I get it now.

twindouble
12-21-2005, 10:56 PM

Well, I'm going to give you 110 points for that one. :D

Tom
12-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Thanks DJ;

Boy, you guys don't know how much I struggle posting, there's no spell check here and I'm back and forth using my spell check on my e-mail and I'm really putting in and effort to improve my grammar. :bang: I put in less work handicapping. :cool:

I nevet let spolling stop me from pasting! And as far as my grammar goes she can't spell so hot either!:rolleyes:

Bobby
12-21-2005, 11:00 PM

yea really.

D2U gone now.

toetoe
12-21-2005, 11:41 PM
Bring back,
Bring back,
Oh, bring back my D2Me-yee-yee ...

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2005, 12:08 AM
If you guys aren't using the GOOGLE toolbar, you're missing out on one great spell checker that is completely compatible with this board.

You type your post, and you click the spellcheck button, and presto, your post is scanned and highlighted with misspelled words.....
http://toolbar.google.com/?promo=mor-tb-en

twindouble
12-22-2005, 10:59 AM
If you guys aren't using the GOOGLE toolbar, you're missing out on one great spell checker that is completely compatible with this board.

You type your post, and you click the spellcheck button, and presto, your post is scanned and highlighted with misspelled words.....
http://toolbar.google.com/?promo=mor-tb-en

PA, I checked out the google link, I have to download the spell check. Is there anything I should concern myself with with that download? I read somewhere that google does some strange things collecting info. If it's OK, where does the toolbar for spell check show up for convient use?

Thanks,

T.D.

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2005, 01:36 PM
From everything I've read, it doesn't appear that Google collects any info other than where you surf so that it can rate pages.....either way, for me, the pros outweigh the cons when it comes to the Google browser add on....

Spell check button appears right in the toolbar itself.

JustRalph
12-22-2005, 01:59 PM
on install, choose to "turn off" the google advanced features...........that kills their collection of data..........from what I read........who the hell knows what they are really doing.........

While on the topic......anybody tired "Google Video"

twindouble
12-22-2005, 02:39 PM
on install, choose to "turn off" the google advanced features...........that kills their collection of data..........from what I read........who the hell knows what they are really doing.........

While on the topic......anybody tired "Google Video"

Thanks, PA. Just to give you all fair warning, If I can cut my posting time in half with this spell check, you could have created a monster. :lol: