PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Bet Program For Sale?

Molock
07-03-2002, 03:41 AM
Does anyone have the Multi-Bet Program used for sale? The regular price is $150 bucks, which seems kinda steep for a glorified dutching program so I was hoping maybe to get my hands on a used version that's just collecting dust somewhere :-)

http://home.earthlink.net/~bettorsolutions/strategy.html

Thanks!

SM

Dick Schmidt
07-03-2002, 04:10 AM
Shane,

If your looking for a really good dutching program that downloads automatically, dutches both win and exactas and does most everything but whistle Dixie, try "At the Races". Wonderful stuff. It's free for 30 days, or buy for $25.

Dick

http://www.homebased2.com/atr/at_the_races.htm

rrbauer
07-03-2002, 12:38 PM
How will you use the program...on a laptop at track/simulcast site or on a desktop with internet connection?

Makes a difference, particularly with regard to the program that D. Schmidt mentioned.

Dick Schmidt
07-03-2002, 10:18 PM
RR,

You're right, AT THE RACES needs to be connected to the internet to function. Since it downloads odds every minute, it would be difficult to use any other way. But if you play at home, it is SO cool. I was just commissioned to write a review of it, and if I'm allowed, I'll post it here.

Dick

PaceAdvantage
07-03-2002, 10:29 PM
Dick,

Any chance you can allow your review to be posted in the REVIEWS section of this website? I haven't had a chance to review anything in ages (Dave S can attest to that), and I'm looking for something to add to that section of the site, since it hasn't been updated with a new review in ages....

==PA

Dick Schmidt
07-04-2002, 04:50 AM
PA,

Sure, I'll be glad to post it in the Reviews section. Or at least I would if I knew how to. I'll see if I can stick it there, if not, I'll post it in the Books section and let you move it. Or I can e-mail it to you. Whatever works. I'd like to see the program get some attention.

Dick

P.S. You can do the same with the review I knocked out on "Toteboard Voodoo" if you want to.

PaceAdvantage
07-04-2002, 10:08 PM
Actually, only I can put stuff up in the Reviews part of the website. It's not part of this message board. You can access it through the menu on the homepage....

==PA

Dick Schmidt
07-05-2002, 02:38 AM
PA,

You can take the review as I posted it, or if you send me a direct e-mail address that I can attach files to, I'll shoot you a copy to post. Whatever is easier.

Dick

4thandlong
07-05-2002, 07:24 AM
Thanks for posting that link, Dick. What a nifty program! Tried it last night and it works great.

If you wanted to use this at the track, you could get a wireless PC card/modem for your laptop. The air time is more than a dial-up but I checked my local company and they'd charge $50/mo for unlimited data so it's not outrageously more.

I think you could also get a kit to hook up your cell phone and browse that way. Could be more expensive depending on your cell phone plan.

Dick Schmidt
07-05-2002, 04:36 PM
4th and forever,

Yes, you're right, but now you're getting really high tech. Sure you can do the laptop thing, but then you have the problem of reception (most clubhouses are built of steel, at least in part), different carriers for different tracks you visit and so on. However, if you really want something, you figure out a solution, and yours is a good one. The one guy I know who uses a wireless connection at an OTB site has to sit in one certain corner to get good reception. Just be aware that there may be problems to solve as well as money to spend.

Dick

aagoett
07-08-2002, 12:54 AM
Was playing around with this program. Seems like a great tool! May have to register for that one...