PDA

View Full Version : Bookiebeaters-Dutching

andicap
07-03-2002, 01:08 AM
Anyone ever see this? (my apologies if someone has posted before)

http://bookiebeater.homestead.com/Index.html

Calcuates how much you have to bet to get a desired profit betting 3 horses per race. Then it takes into account losing races in calcuating what you need to bet to reach a certain return.

Dick Schmidt
07-03-2002, 04:15 AM
Andy,

This is an old version of the "due column" that has been around a bit. Guess it made it across the pond.

Dick

tanda
07-03-2002, 11:18 AM
Old heresies, new names.

Recently, I browsed through a craps system book just for a laugh. The author claimed to have developed an original concept. It was called "statistical propensity" of something similar. It was the "original" idea that there was a propensity for numbers to roll at their natural rate and if they recently had been rolled less often, then "statistical propensity" created a force that would increase their chances of being rolled in the future.

This is the same flawed application of the "law of averages" but with a new name. I want to write the author and ask if he is dumb enough to believe what he writes or instead knows it is junk but is hoping to fool people.

Now we have "due column" wagering in a new package. Regardless of the packaging, none of these hucksters can ever demonstrate how it is that a person can show an overall positive return if all of his individual bets have a negative expectation.