6. Seattle
7. Pittsburgh
8. Chicago
9. New England
10. Carolina

Bubbles
12-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Valuist...

I'd say that's a pretty good list. My only change might be to put Chicago ahead of Pittsburgh. A team's gotta score on you to beat you, and Chicago held the respectable offense of Atlanta to a mere field goal. That's certainly a judgement call, though, as Pittsburgh has a very fine team in itself.

Valuist
12-19-2005, 11:55 PM
I didn't for a couple reasons. First, they just played a week ago and Pittsburgh beat them up. The score may have only been 21-9 but the Steelers out-physicaled them. Second, Pittsburgh has played more quality opponents: (Cincinnati twice, Indy, San Diego, Jacksonville and New England). So far the Bears have played Cincy, Carolina, Pittsburgh and both Tampa and Atlanta are borderline quality, IMO.

BetHorses!
12-20-2005, 11:32 AM
1. Indianapolis- had a loss coming. A few concerns but still the team to beat
2. San Diego- may not even make the playoffs
3. Denver
4. Cincinnati
5. NY Giants
6. Seattle
7. Pittsburgh
8. Chicago
9. New England
10. Carolina

We agree but slightly different order

1. Indianapolis
2. Denver
3. San Diego
4. Cincinnati
5. Seattle
6. Pittsburgh
7. NY Giants
8. New England
9. Carolina
10. Chicago

Valuist
12-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Pretty close. All the same teams just a slightly different order.

Some rumblings that all is not well in Indianapolis. Supposedly Marvin Harrison has a small broken bone in his hand but it will not sideline him at all. I can't see why he would play the next weeks if he has an injury. Manning had some swelling in his knee. Sanders, June and Mathis all are nursing injuries. The O-line had given up 7 sacks in the first 12 games and has given up 7 in the last 2.

BetHorses!
12-20-2005, 11:57 AM
I have a feeling the playoffs is when all the unexpected things will happen.

Also just took +6 with the Packers. I was impressed also when Grossman came in BUT I just love when teams are coming off 40+ point embarrassing losses in the NFL especially on Monday Night. They tend to play for pride the following week and it is the best rivalry in football.

Packers +6 is my first pick of the new week. I'll post in my own thread later

Valuist
12-20-2005, 12:02 PM
I agree re: the teams who are humiliated on national TV. And the Bears won on the national TV game Sunday night so the public will be on them. GB has been in most games and will not lay down for their arch rival.

But right now its at 5 1/2 so I'll wait for it to climb. The total, IMO, hasn't been adjusted properly. With Orton at QB, the Bears had an extremely vanilla game plan. With Grossman taking over, look for them to open up the passing game quite a bit. 30 1/2 is around what the number figured to be with Orton starting so I think there's some value on the OVER.

Valuist
12-20-2005, 03:46 PM
Just heard an amazing stat; if you take away the game against the Bengals, the Bears have allowed ONE TOUCHDOWN ALL SEASON in games at Soldier Field. 7 games.....1 touchdown.

toetoe
12-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Also, I think I heard that the six TD's scored Monday by Baltimore are 40%(?) of their season total, in 1/15 of their games.

The post leaning toward the over for the Chicago/G.B. game got me thinking. While the Bears are not a TD machine, I'm thinking FG's and interception returns may do the trick. One problem is that in garbage time last night, GB were woeful. Usually, don't you need help from the losing team to go over? Sheesh, that was brutal.

Valuist
12-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Green Bay layed down. The Bears are their biggest rival. No way will they quit like they did last night. And Favre is always good for overs....he can make big plays for the Packers and for the other team.

toetoe
12-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Also, I think I heard that the six TD's scored Monday by Baltimore are 40%(?) of their season total, in 1/15 of their games.

The post leaning toward the over for the Chicago/G.B. game got me thinking. While the Bears are not a TD machine, I'm thinking FG's and interception returns may do the trick. One problem is that in garbage time last night, GB were woeful. Usually, don't you need help from the losing team to go over? Sheesh, that was brutal.

rrpic6
12-21-2005, 12:05 AM
1 Colts
2 Bengals
3 Seahawks
4 Redskins
Final Four to the SB
5 Denver
6 New england
7 Bears
8 Steelers
9 San Diego
10 Giants

Super Bowl....Bengals vs. Redskins

I'm a Winner no matter what with $50 to win in Futures bet at 12-1 and 35-1.

I'll just sit back and wait to cash...or I can sell my tix now ala,, DEAL OR NO DEAL.

BetHorses!
12-21-2005, 12:53 AM
I agree re: the teams who are humiliated on national TV. And the Bears won on the national TV game Sunday night so the public will be on them. GB has been in most games and will not lay down for their arch rival.

But right now its at 5 1/2 so I'll wait for it to climb. The total, IMO, hasn't been adjusted properly. With Orton at QB, the Bears had an extremely vanilla game plan. With Grossman taking over, look for them to open up the passing game quite a bit. 30 1/2 is around what the number figured to be with Orton starting so I think there's some value on the OVER.

Its +7 now

WINMANWIN
12-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Just look at the Records and prepare for some DANDIES this Week as Many Teams can be TIED for Whatever, :confused: Going into the Last Weekend of the Season. REDSKINS, CHIEFS, COWBOYS, FALCONS, & VIKINGS. :eek:

toetoe
12-22-2005, 09:59 PM
It used to be that the semifinals, the last, most meaningful contests before the Subpar Bowl were played around Xmas, sometimes on the very day. Now, the Torpor Bowl is in February, the ever more watered down playoff games are in January, and the (yawn) decisive last weekend of the season lands on Xmas. It used to be that players were away for Xmas for a "meaningful" playoff game. How to describe this weekend's mess? :ThmbDown: