PDA

View Full Version : Look out Seahawks

Valuist
12-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Once Grossman went into the game, it was like a completely different team last night. With the threat of the pass an option now, teams can't put 8-9 in a box and the running game will get even better....and it was pretty good before. I think Seahawks fans might want to hold off on buying airfare for early Feb. to Detroit.

cj
12-19-2005, 10:23 AM
Seahawks are a "smoke and mirrors" team, I don't see them in the Super Bowl at all. Home field will help, but they just aren't that good.

headhawg
12-19-2005, 11:54 AM
The Bears were already a reasonably scary team with their stifling defense, but if Grossman can elevate their offense to just average...well, let's just say I wouldn't want to have to play them, especially in Chicago.

(As a side note, it sure looked like Vick just mailed it in. He's so overrated it's pathetic, but last night it looked like all he wanted to do was get back to his warm house and posse.)

In the AFC, New England looks very scary to me. Brady is as fine a QB as there is. I like them over Indy and SD as they are peaking at the right time, and they love to win. SD and Indy find ways to lose, like the Bolts losing to Miami at home. What was that about? Indy is the best team on paper, but this isn't fantasy football -- they still have to play the games.

Valuist
12-19-2005, 12:07 PM
As bad as Vick looked last night, he can be scary good at times. Playing the Bears, arguably the fastest defense in the NFL, in Chicago in the bitter cold on grass is not a good matchup for him. There are plenty of teams in the league he can and will embarrass. I know both teams had to play in the cold but if you haven't been in it for several days to acclimate, you are at a tremendous disadvantage.

I think the Seahawks are a little overrated, mainly because that division is so terrible. I thought the Giants definitely outplayed them a few weeks ago. But the Seahawks are still dangerous; tremendous RB in Alexander; arguably the likely Pro-Bowl starter at QB in Hasselbeck and the defense is improved over a year ago.

League MVP? Manning is probably the logical winner but I think Tiki Barber has to be given serious consideration and Alexander will get plenty of votes also.

headhawg
12-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Valuist,

I agree with your last post -- and a lot of QBs would have looked bad against the Bears D in those conditions last night -- but for a team fighting for its playoff lives I would have expected a better effort from that position. Actually, from the whole offense and the coordinator. Not sure about that 4th down call where the Bears stuffed Duckett after stuffing him on a similar play on 3rd down. I would have rolled out Vick in kind of an run/pass option play. And then on another makeable 4th down play where Vick threw deep into converage...not sure about that choice either. Maybe Vick was hurt more than the Falcons were letting on; he did have sore ribs coming into the game, and he was hit pretty good a couple of times.

HH

Valuist
12-19-2005, 01:28 PM
That 4th down call was brutal. I found myself actually agreeing w/the ESPN clowns....something I rarely do.

I think Vick was still hurting a bit and the Bears D didn't help. I guarantee you Finneran is hurting today. He took a bunch of real hard hits.