PDA

View Full Version : Bush Speech Tonight

Bobby
12-18-2005, 09:07 PM
I watching it now. . . .

He always ties 9/11 to IRaq War. And he's doing it now.

What a sham.

lsbets
12-18-2005, 09:25 PM
I didn't see it, what did he say about 9/11 and how did he tie it to the Iraq War?

Bobby
12-18-2005, 09:50 PM
I can't find a cite RIGHT NOW. Not trying too hard though.

It was like . .. "Ever since 9/11 dadadada blah blah blah.

Really the same MANTRA.

GameTheory
12-18-2005, 10:32 PM
Transcript:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/18/bush.transcript/index.html

chickenhead
12-18-2005, 11:15 PM
I did not listen to him give this speech, nor have I listened to any pundits talk about it, but just reading this transcript -- this is a very powerful speech he gave, one for the books. Timely and timeless at the same time.

Steve 'StatMan'
12-18-2005, 11:25 PM
I did not listen to him give this speech, nor have I listened to any pundits talk about it, but just reading this transcript -- this is a very powerful speech he gave, one for the books. Timely and timeless at the same time.

Well said, Chickenhead. I didn't see nor hear it either, but read it, and couldn't help but feel the same.

Bobby
12-19-2005, 01:29 AM
this is a very powerful speech he gave, one for the books. Timely and timeless at the same time.

You gotta be joking :D :D

PaceAdvantage
12-19-2005, 01:59 AM
I watched the speech, and thought it was very, very good. These clowns will never give GWB ANY credit, so why bother?

THe clowns always complain that GWB never takes responsibility for anything, never admits mistakes....he does both in this speech tonight, and they still mock the shit out of him....whatever....

Thank GOD this man doesn't kowtow to the drumbeat of his critics.

chickenhead
12-19-2005, 02:17 AM
You gotta be joking :D :D

As anyone knows me can attest, I am not a big Bush fan. Love him or hate him, respect him or not, that has little to do with acknowledging a powerful and historic speech.

I will admit that reading the speech rather than listening to Bush deliver it probably allowed me to recognize the power of it just a little better.

But, it seems pretty clear to me from reading your synopsis and then reading the actual transcript that your comprehension skills are low...so you can trust me that us being in disagreement on this point doesn't bother me one bit.

JustRalph
12-19-2005, 07:02 AM
I watched most of it. It came across as solemn and very serious. Once again, Bobby misses it...........as I have said before..........if you don't get it.........you just don't get it...............

GameTheory
12-19-2005, 11:25 AM
You can watch the video of it on CNN.com as well. (And elsewhere, probably.)

chickenhead
12-19-2005, 11:29 AM
I remember when Steve Forbes was running for president (can't remember if he ran twice, if he did the first time) and I basically thought he was a joke -- painful to watch.

I later read the transcripts of some of the very same speeches I listened to him give -- and i was astounded at what great speeches they were. It really is a shame we don't have better public speakers, the quality of the speech writers is generally far above the ability of the speaker.

lsbets
12-19-2005, 11:32 AM
I saw the replay of the speech. I thought it was nothing great, definatly nothing new, but a lot that needed to be said. The thing I fault Bush with is after the election he basically quit talking about Iraq and let our success or failure be defined by his political opposition. He should have been speaking about the war and the progress all along. Hopefully he doesn't stop now.

kingfin66
12-19-2005, 04:54 PM
I remember when Steve Forbes was running for president (can't remember if he ran twice, if he did the first time) and I basically thought he was a joke -- painful to watch.

I later read the transcripts of some of the very same speeches I listened to him give -- and i was astounded at what great speeches they were. It really is a shame we don't have better public speakers, the quality of the speech writers is generally far above the ability of the speaker.

Can you say, "flat tax," over and over and over again? That was our Steve.

Tom
12-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Didn't see it, didn't read it, won't even try.

I don't believe anything the lying traitor has to say, so why bother listening to polished lies.

What i dod nothear today was a proper responce to the Mexican authority trash that called us nazis, communists, racists, murderers, and worse. No reply to the POS Vicente Fox, who if there was a choice of killing him or Bin Laden it would be him hands down ( he has done far worse to the US than Bin Laden has).

And the stooge president only complained about the border security bill passed Friday and repeat his absurd plan for guest workers.

Perhaps if Bush and Rummy had made the war more about the mission and our troops safety in the first place, instead of feeding their monster egos, he would have had better news to talk about last night. While I agree with the war in theory, I don't think it could have been handled any more badly than these two blind idiots have done.

I would suggest Bushy stick that speech up his ass, but I doubt it would fit with his head so far up there.

dav4463
12-20-2005, 06:24 AM
It doesn't matter what Bush says or does. Half of this country will say he failed. He could come up with a cure for cancer and half the country would find fault with it. Bush haters are Bush haters and will never let facts stand in the way of their hatred.

Tom
12-20-2005, 11:25 PM
I have been more than fair supporting Bush when he is right, or blunders into doing the right thing, but I have zero tolerance for him when he is obviously and idiot. A president who refuses to enforce the laws and protect our borders is worthless and in my opinon, a traitor. Bush needs to be bitch slapped back to reality. He has thrown away trillions of dollars and left the barn door open.

I hate him for specific reasons, and in spite of that, I still support many things he does - like taking the initative to tap phones of suspected terrorist to protect this country. Unlike the libs, he realizes that there is a real threat to this country. I have no issues with his using force (torture if anyone would ever define it) to get info and taking people of the streets. But his guest worker idea is just plain ridiculous. We need land mines, not guest workers.
He is not much, but he is still a kazillion times better than Kerry or Gore would have been.