PDA

View Full Version : FREE ADVERTISING & Do Not "REPLY TO ALL"

mainardi
12-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Well, regardless of what anyone else thinks, steverr1 got exactly what he was looking for... FREE ADVERTISING!!! :D

Don't you see? By doing the "REPLY TO ALL" (you folks that work at big companies know what I mean), this forum continues to provide him with the free buzz that he couldn't have paid for here (or anywhere else).

Admit it... not many (if any) people knew who he was before he came in to this forum red-hot (and left the same way). But it's safe to say that a good number of you "googled" him to see what he was about. As anyone that sells something knows, free advertising is a GOOD thing.

Oops, there I go giving him more air time. Wherever you went, steverr1, I'm sure that you enjoyed your "15 minutes of fame" at PA. ;)

michiken
12-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Don't you see? By doing the "REPLY TO ALL" (you folks that work at big companies know what I mean), this forum continues to provide him with the free buzz that he couldn't have paid for here (or anywhere else).

I agree with this statement 100%. When you send out many emails such as a mailing list, people should be taught how to use the BCC (blind carbon copy) It will keep you off the spam list.

PaceAdvantage
12-18-2005, 12:37 PM
I don't get it....reply to all?

Vegas711
12-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Admit it... not many (if any) people knew who he was before he came in to this forum red-hot (and left the same way). But it's safe to say that a good number of you "googled" him to see what he was about. As anyone that sells something knows, free advertising is a GOOD thing.

;)

Speaking for myself ,I never googled him, nor do I care to know about him, I like many am just interested in learning new ideas that is all I care to know about.If he knew something that I didn't know I was willing to listen.

Lets just let the man rest in peace, no more talk.Check out the other threads , they look interestng.

dav4463
12-19-2005, 03:26 AM
I thought he was a name-dropping, "I've seen it all, done it all, and can do anything better than you" , absolute, complete bore who offered nothing of value to handicapping horses. I'm a real nice guy. Everybody tells me that, but for some reason that guy got under my skin! I'm kind of glad he's gone, but there was always that temptation to read what kind of nonsense he would come up with next !

toetoe
12-19-2005, 02:36 PM
I didn't take it any further, but I loved the fact that we got hundreds of posts on the thread -- and another -- in a few days. That's what this board is about, I guess.