PDA

View Full Version : Kowboy Kaenel Rates the Speed - Wow!

xfile
12-17-2005, 03:36 PM
WOW- What a ride by "Kowboy" Kyle Kaenel on STORM BOOT GOLD in the 8th at AQUEDUCT. If you didn't see the race find a replay. Incredible team this Contessa/Kaenel. Had this gelding rated at 6-1 but NY let him go at 19-1...made my weekend. The ride made all the difference in this race AND I have seen Kaenel do this numerous times. Remember his father Cowboy Jack Kaenel won the Preakness in the early 80's. This kid absolutely knows how to rate the speed. :cool:

46zilzal
12-17-2005, 03:39 PM
that was a good ride

Macdiarmadillo
12-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Kaenel is the real thing but seems to have problems staying in one circuit to establish himself before he loses the bug. I like the moniker -- Kowboy Kaenel it is!

Zaf
12-18-2005, 12:15 AM
I know that 1 member on this board nailed that sucker big time. Keilan posted this one on CJ's board !!! Nice Job K !!!!!!!

Z

JustRalph
12-18-2005, 02:00 AM
Awesome Ride!

keilan
12-18-2005, 02:44 AM
I know that 1 member on this board nailed that sucker big time. Keilan posted this one on CJ's board !!! Nice Job K !!!!!!!

Z

Thanx Darrell but in all honesty I only had the tri and $20 bucks on the win, sure wish I'd played the p4 because that's where the money was -- the other 3 legs weren't overly tough.

toetoe
12-18-2005, 12:12 PM
His dad was "Cowboy." I reckon he can be "Kowboy," pardner.

Perilous
12-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Him and his dad are nothing alike. I wouldn't call him that to his face because it probably wouldn't be received very well.

Kyle's problem will always be his size. He loves the racing, loves the horses(or ponies as he calls him) but the fact is that he's over 5'7'' tall, wears a size ten shoes, extra long jockey pants and has to reduce and starve himself at a young age.

He's a good rider..If most jockeys had his attitude and drive they would be alot better off thats for sure!!

xfile
12-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Him and his dad are nothing alike. I wouldn't call him that to his face because it probably wouldn't be received very well.

Kyle's problem will always be his size. He loves the racing, loves the horses(or ponies as he calls him) but the fact is that he's over 5'7'' tall, wears a size ten shoes, extra long jockey pants and has to reduce and starve himself at a young age.

He's a good rider..If most jockeys had his attitude and drive they would be alot better off thats for sure!!

All I know is this kid can ride!. They all starve themselves. 5' 7" is very tall for that weight. I hope he finds a way and is not going to keep growing. :cool:

linrom1
12-18-2005, 04:32 PM
He rides like bug boy. He has blown more sure winners with the weight advantage than the longshots he brings in.