PDA

View Full Version : Time to move on

midnight
12-16-2005, 08:04 PM
The whole Steverr1 issue over the past nine days has opened my eyes to a lot of things.

"Do this." "Do that." "Prove this." "Prove that." "Gimme this." "Gimme that." Then when none such is forthcoming, the insults and accusations start.

A few of you have appointed yourselves as the judge, jury, and executioner here. Endorsed by PA, you've had the run of the place and done as you pleased. You've been asked by others to please chill so that those who want to see what Steverr1 has to say can do so. You won't. You go right on doing exactly as you please. That might not be so bad if you were confining it to the threads it originated in or that the target posted was in, but you've taken it to other threads that were unrelated to your feud. That's going too far.

This forum is starting to disintegrate into a flame-board similar to Hottalkers, DRF, or even the dreaded HPU of a few years ago. If it's allowed to continue, that's exactly where this forum will head.

Since what you're doing is cool with PA, it's apparently going to go on until it's played itself out. It's his privilege to do as he pleases and run his forum as he sees fit.

Of course, PA will step in before that and put an end to it, but to me, the damage has already been done. I've seen the light: a few of you, in the heat of battle, have shown your true colors, and it isn't pretty. A lot of the rest of you have joined in or refused to get involved. Only a few have voiced an objection, and the ones that do have been hooted down by the lynch mobsters, which gets the point home to anybody else who may speak against them. I don't feel like sharing what little I may have to offer with people who have a street-guttural mentality and who are callous enough to not care about anybody else's feelings, so long as they can get their egos stroked. I realize that this will be unfair to those of you who had no hand in this nonsense, but I have to be fair to myself first, and I won't be a part of it. If you feel that's overreacting, that's your privilege.

As soon as I finish this post, I'm going to take some random characters typed into Notepad, go to control panel, reset my password with it so I don't know what it is, change my email to an unusable one, then log out so I can't use this account anymore. I'm also restricting this address in my browser, my firewall, and my network router so I'm not tempted to visit it again on impulse. That's how upset I am about this.

And the ONLY reason I'm making this long farewell speech is so that maybe somebody will wake up and see that it's gone too far and take steps to put an end to it. In either case, I won't be back on this name, any future alias, or as a guest.

Goodbye and good luck to all.

Blackgold
12-16-2005, 08:15 PM
Dude, have you tried Green Tea.

Anyway, it doesn't matter if you are on this board or a stocking picking board or a blackjack board or rubbing elbows at good ole U Name It High. . . people will act retarded (did I fail to mention the Federal Gov.).

And trying to out-retard is a fatal mistake.

If you want to WIN, keep your eye on the Goal and not the Goalies.

I've stated on this board before that I didn't pay attention to the high schoolers while I was in high school and I'm not going to start now.

Peace be with you brother.

chickenhead
12-16-2005, 08:17 PM
This has been a strange week. I suggest everyone go to Off Topic and play the penguin smashing game posted there for a few hours.

lsbets
12-16-2005, 08:29 PM
This has been a strange week. I suggest everyone go to Off Topic and play the penguin smashing game posted there for a few hours.

Off Topic seem rather civil this week compared to the racing board. Either its the penguin bashing or the full moon.

DJofSD
12-16-2005, 08:36 PM
Trust me, it's the penguin.

Buckeye
12-16-2005, 09:15 PM
I like reading Midnight's posts but this "I'm leaving stuff" is a bit over the line.

My primary interest is horseracing (that's on topic right?) and I think Midnight has written many interesting posts about the subject.

F em if they can't take a joke, and remember this, S.U.V.s are popular.

kingfin66
12-16-2005, 09:26 PM
What is this, like the 4th time? Or maybe it was 3 leaving and one "i've put people on ignore" threads. There is no need to make a big dramatic exit. If you don't want to post here, then don't post here. Get over yourself Midnight. This is supposed to be a fun diversion from real life. Speaking of which,

Have a Good Life Midnight. Buh Bye.

timtam
12-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Its kind of mute point to say goodbye if he already left

PaceAdvantage
12-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Midnight, you're whack...but that's cool....

Sorry to see you go, again. I think you're being unfair and unreasonable, but that's just me.

You come on here and appoint yourself the "defender of the newbie" when you attack those who appear to be on this board solely to promote their product (and that's ok with me, sometimes I need the help). BUT, when others feel they need to do the same thing with someone who does not appear to be on the up and up (to THEM, just as the software vendors don't appear to be on the up and up TO YOU), you cry foul, take your ball and go home.

Whatever.

This forum will never disintegrate into a flame board. Not on my watch buddy.

keilan
12-16-2005, 10:01 PM
PA -- he can’t hear you, your on his “LIST” :lol: :lol: :lol:

toetoe
12-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Kingfin,

I'm pretty sure you meant to type " ... 5th time and one 'put people on ignore.'" 5 is right next to 4. :D

I'm the last to figure out why Derek doesn't exist --- he's put me to 'ignore' and I can't reach him even privately. That explains why he's not even on the members list. Oh, well. :(

kenwoodallpromos
12-16-2005, 10:19 PM
How come you put this thread on the "Handicapping Forum" instead of "Off Topic"?
I'd like to see more posts put on "Off Topic" that belong there. Some are doing that.
Maybe Steve runs in streaks. Would not surprise me! :D

Tom Barrister
12-16-2005, 10:44 PM
Life will go on.

I think Midnight's point was that in his case the ones being attacked were trying to sell something that wasn't kosher...and that in Stevie's case he wasn't trying to sell anything, so he should be cut slack until he made a move for our wallets. In other words...talk's harmless, trying to scam us out of our bread isn't. You can talk about how he plays with our heads and pushes our buttons. Lately I agree...Stevie wasn't nice. I do know something about him and the situation that the rest of you don't know about. Not important now if he's gone.

Mid: sorry to see you go, bro, but you do whine a bit too much to suit most. No offense meant. Good luck.