PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Here own SIRIUS or XM?

fouroneone
12-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Yes, Howard Stern has put SIRIUS in the news lately, however I was looking at SIRIUS' lineup at (http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Channel&cid=1104779628701) and it seems as though they actually have a weekly Racing radio show as well as a daily one with live stretch calls. Anyone familiar with them?

Steve 'StatMan'
12-12-2005, 12:17 PM
We've had some recent posts in this thread regarding the current radio show on Sirius, that you may find enlightening. You can listen to the show on the internet as well, and there is a link that will let you listen to some clips. Do check out this thread, esp. if your decision to purchase Sirius is based primarily on horse racing shows:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17569

fouroneone
12-12-2005, 12:19 PM
thanks!

xfile
12-12-2005, 02:28 PM
I bought this stock (SIRI (http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/quotes.asp?symb=SIRI&siteid=mktw)) back in May for $4.53/per share. It's up over $7.50/share currently and I see it going to at least $10 next year. I'm selling at $10. :cool: Stern debuts in January. He's gotta be worth at least a few buck share bump. I don't even have the Sirius system yet...lol...I followed that link and it looks pretty interesting. I think I'll jump aboard. :cool:

BIG RED
12-12-2005, 03:14 PM
......I still can't beleive the contract Sterns got. WOW! Better than any 'super' athlete.
Was just over a girlfreinds house who has sat. tv., and they changed the music. It has XM now, and there is a lot of talk, mostly discriptions of the era you are listenning to. We both did agree we liked the earlier music they had, just plain music, nothing else.

Fred
12-12-2005, 05:12 PM
I just put Sirrius in my vehicle last week. I choose Sirius over XM because of the sports. They do advertise on air about a thoroughbred racing show on ch 125 at 4 pm weekdays but I do not know if that is 4 pm ET or another time zone. I have not tried to listen to it yet. I had a 6 hour drive Sunday and listened to NFL games the whole time!. No more losing the game and then spending all my time trying to get a signal.

Freddy

xfile
12-12-2005, 05:37 PM
I just went out and bought Sirius...:D ..... I got the Plug n Play Sportster full deal. I pick up the Brain tomorrow morning (they were out of stock this afternoon). I'll report back in a few days once I have a chance to use it. :cool:

xfile
12-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Look at the freakin Google ads now!!! They are all Satellite Radio and buying stock in it too....lol....Hey PA it looks like Google has a close to real time monitor of keywords on here :D :lol:

fouroneone
12-12-2005, 05:44 PM
my link above wasnt too clear, and i dont want people to think this thread is TOO off topic, but sirius' horse racing lineup can be found here:

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Channel&cid=1104779628701

JustRalph
12-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Look at the freakin Google ads now!!! They are all Satellite Radio and buying stock in it too....lol....Hey PA it looks like Google has a close to real time monitor of keywords on here :D :lol:

those google boys have their crap together huh..............

Tom
12-12-2005, 07:30 PM
I have had XM on several rental cars - I am plased with it overall. I had it the night of the big blackout a couple years ago - several areaa folks and I got a car and drove from Detroit back to Rochester and there werre tons of news stations on it. And some great comedy channels, too.

toetoe
12-12-2005, 09:29 PM
xfile,
I got to the end of your first line, "will pick up the Brain," and envisioned a long trek to retrieve your kid at college. :D

xfile
12-13-2005, 03:43 AM
xfile,
I got to the end of your first line, "will pick up the Brain," and envisioned a long trek to retrieve your kid at college. :D

hahaha....the guy referred the main component to the Sirius system as the "Brain". My kid is still one year away from college.....:D ......And there is only room for one Brain around here!....lol :cool:

fouroneone
12-13-2005, 09:29 AM
I have had XM on several rental cars - I am plased with it overall. I had it the night of the big blackout a couple years ago - several areaa folks and I got a car and drove from Detroit back to Rochester and there werre tons of news stations on it. And some great comedy channels, too.

Did you drive via ontario? Was XM working in Canada?

ponypro
12-14-2005, 01:10 AM
Ive had sirius for about a year, love it . But noticed that if you touch it, it is very warm. Then I have a boom box that I plug it into for inside the house. It goes thru something like 8 or 10 D batteries in about three hours. Once again the unit control itself feels very hot. Whats up with this. Ive never noticed a radio that got that hot or burned thru batteries like that? anyone else have this experience???

Tom

JustRalph
05-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Just put Xm in my truck. Good selection. Some Clear channel stations are now on Xm....... Xm 173 has WLW out of Cincy

On which radio to buy, I bought the "Myfi" it records 5 hours of stuff and has lots of bells and whistles.......but in my opine.......way too complicated with crappy software. The screen is very small for these old eyes. But you can carry it around like an ipod..........comes with the home kit. But make sure you have a "south facing window" or the home kit is useless.....as in my case. But it works well in the car and comes with about ten different ways to mount the thing. I use the "vent mount" and it was a one minute install.

If you are really interested in a unique way of using it with your computer........try this

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/radioshark/

I record stuff on the Myfi and bring it in the house and turn on my radio shark on the computer (basically makes your computer an am/fm radio that records for 59 bucks) and broadcast whatever is recorded on the myfi to my computer and can save it on disk, burn it etc........works great. If I had a south facing window I could record direct live programming from the myfi to the computer, like a VCR does. With a sheduling program that is built into the Radio shark.

http://cache.smarthome.com/images/971101.jpg