PDA

View Full Version : PACE MAKES THE RACE

jorge jaramillo
12-11-2005, 03:42 AM
I'M LOOKING FOR THIS BOOK, USED AND IN GOOD CONDITION, BY TOM HAMBLETON. ANY ONE INTERESED PLEASE E-MAIL ME...THANKS TO ALL.. :jump:

kitts
12-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Suggest you send a Private Message to Dick Schmidt. The last I heard he had many new copies of the book.

46zilzal
12-11-2005, 01:03 PM
often the Gambler's Book Club has copies there for sale....Google for their website.

captvancouver
12-11-2005, 05:12 PM
I don t know if I am brteaching etiquette by mentioning any particular used book seller here,but if you do a google search for used books, you find large used book sellers...usually I can get the books for $5 or $10 that may cost
$30 or $40, and shipping is fairly cheap.

Capt

socantra
12-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Dick Schmidt is probably your best bet. He has copies of the second edition paperback available and usually gives a pretty good price to PA members.

Gamblers Book Club doesn't have it listed. I checked www.abebooks.com, but they are under the impression the original edition hardback is a rare book, and copies are going for 35 bucks and up. Its really not all that rare and shows up on eBay fairly often, at better prices.

There is quite a bit of difference between the two books. The original has a chapter by Mike Pizzolla and a couple by Howard Sartin. The second edition is just Hambleton and Schmidt, but has some updated numbers and a nice chapter by Schmidt on using computer generated numbers.

I prize both editions of the book.

Good Luck,

socantra...

46zilzal
12-11-2005, 09:51 PM
I have the book and it is just gathering dust BUT I am a chronic "writer in the margins."

jorge jaramillo
12-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Thank you guys, thanks 46silzal, i'm going try with Dick Schmidt first if not i would let you know.............................................. .............................

Dick Schmidt
12-12-2005, 02:29 AM
How to find him?????? It's easy, just read on. I do have a couple of cases of books left over in my garage, and I sell them new to PA members for $10. You can e-mail me at rschmidt02@earthlink.net.

Anyone else who wants one, please let me know. The perfect Christmas present. Buy two or three. The wife wants them out of the way!

Dick