PDA

View Full Version : Richard Pryor Passes away

shanta
12-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Fox News reporting Richard Pryor has passed away today at the age of 65. In his time he was on the cutting edge of comedy.

He had been battling MS for almost 20 years along with other problems.

RIP Richard

Richie

so.cal.fan
12-10-2005, 08:43 PM
He will be sadly missed by animal rescue groups.
Richard was an animal lover. He refused to use medications produced by animal testing.
One of his last acts was to generously help animal victims of Katrina by signing a petition to the State of La. and a generous check to help pets.
RIP Richard Pryor. :(

46zilzal
12-10-2005, 08:50 PM
but given the amount of self-abuse to that body, it is surpising he lasted this long.

Loved that line in Silver Streak "You ain't saying SHIT now Mr. Big."

Tom
12-11-2005, 01:13 AM
I loved his exchange with Chevy Chase on SNL back in the day....they replayed part of it tonight on the "news" segment.

Eugene McCarthy died also - former prez candidate.

They come in 3's....who's next?

GaryG
12-11-2005, 06:00 AM
Richard was an animal lover. He refused to use medications produced by animal testing.
One of his last acts was to generously help animal victims of Katrina by signing a petition to the State of La. and a generous check to help pets.
SoCal, I am active in animal rights and I sure didn't know that! Thanks for the post. Ice and snow here, just thought you'd like to know...

JustRalph
12-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Richard was an animal lover. He refused to use medications produced by animal testing. One of his last acts was to generously help animal victims of Katrina by signing a petition to the State of La. and a generous check to help pets.

Eddie Murphy and Chris Rock should be grateful as hell to Richard. He paved a narrow path and they walked down it........when Richard was forging it........it was more like a gauntlet

SoCal.........thanks for that info. Does a heart good................

banacek
12-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Also co-wrote "Blazing Saddles" with Mel Brooks. I guess he couldn't play the lead because his comedy was "too controversial" at the time.

Thanks for all the laughs.

JustRalph
12-14-2005, 08:54 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10470093/from/RS.4/

Richard was on the side of animals right up to the end, it seems.............good for him

Pryor expressed outrage at dog death

Comic sent letter about case involving Indiana police officier