PDA

View Full Version : The Man with the Blind Eye

Bobby
12-10-2005, 01:25 AM
confirms what most free-thinking people believe . . .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051209/pl_afp/unclimateclinton_051209202357

dav4463
12-10-2005, 04:15 AM
there are other opinions....I think a couple of chemists might know a little more than than clinton.

http://www.junkscience.com/news/robinson.htm

Tom
12-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Clinton.,.. a proven liar.

bobby, if GW is such a major threat, why is it always talked about in political terms? Thwy do we give a pass to certain nations over others?
and cleaner energy will create jobs? Are YOU Santa Claus?????:lol:

This free thinkin individual happens to think Clinton is a scumball, low llife, lying POS who is directly responsible to Al Qeda growing unchecked throughout the 90's. The guy completely without credibility. Zipper-Bill is an embarresment to the presidency.

Lefty
12-10-2005, 11:44 AM
How come Clinton didn't sign the damn treaty, if it's so damn wonderful?

DJofSD
12-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Free thinking in this context means those who hated math and science, only took whatever classes in those discplines because they had to that then defer the critical thinking to others with political agendas and who do not understand the science they point to as the sole reason to blame the evil humans for all the things that happen. It's the old man v. nature thing.

Clinton's just looking for a way to get the Nobel Peace prize in an attempt to justify his bad behavior while in office. Just a belated attempt to remove the "stain" he left behind.

Lefty
12-10-2005, 11:47 AM
bobby, I don't blve this is what most people blve. This treaty just another way to punish the U.S. I wish you liberals would be on our side just once. Why are you so quick to blve every bad thing about this country and even quicker to dismiss the good?

Steve 'StatMan'
12-10-2005, 12:00 PM
By the way, with China and Asia starting to become an industrial giant, and adding millions of cars, etc, and becoming a big user of fossile fuels, and likely to grow to the size of the U.S. in those regards: will they be following this same treaty? Will all their plants, autos, emissions, etc. be up to this standard. Or will major expenses on our part just essentially be spitting in the ocean in the very near future? I don't know - just asking.

46zilzal
12-10-2005, 12:24 PM
There is a old proverb that says "Don't shit where you eat." Same thing here in regards to pollution: the earth is finite and the population is NOT. After awhile the crap piles up and we are seeing global increases in asthma and many diseases secondary to poor air quality.

DJofSD
12-10-2005, 12:33 PM
OK, ZZ. All life polluts -- even in death.

Where do you want to draw the line? At the expense of all progres made since the start of the industrial revolution?

46zilzal
12-10-2005, 12:35 PM
the focus should be on OVER population first

DJofSD
12-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Who's overpopulation?

46zilzal
12-10-2005, 12:59 PM
gee I didn't know anyone OWNED it?

DJofSD
12-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Alright, with my apologies to Lynne Truss and Strunk and Frank McCourt, answer the question.

JustRalph
12-10-2005, 01:26 PM
A yahoo article, also known as the Liberal Internet Service, on Clinton Demanding we drop fossil fuels? Now that is funny...........

I demand Clinton Fade away..............and take his wife and kid with him..........

46zilzal
12-10-2005, 01:26 PM
who are those folks??

DJofSD
12-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Lynne Truss, author of "Eats, Shoots & Leaves, The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation". British with a sense of humor that is an entertaining read concerning proper punctuation.

Strunk & White published the definitive usage guide for English grammar and style. Likely still used as "the bible" at the NYT.

Frank McCourt, U.S. born Irishman, author of "Angela's Ashes" and newly published "Teacher Man." An multi-decade English teacher in the New York city school system.

Tom
12-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Required reading in college in 1969-The Population Bomb. Professors acting like a masked gunman was at the door. WE HAD TO DO something and fast or else the earth would not last 20 years. Yadda yadda yadda. If you are concerned with overpoulation, then maby you should oppose giving China a pass on Kyoto treaty regulatoins - CHINA is the most irresponsible nation on the face of the earth.

Oh yeah, pollution..Lake Erie was dead in the 60's and would never recover. The earth was dying of pollution.

DJofSD
12-10-2005, 02:34 PM
"The Population Bomb" -- read it then learned about Malthus. People still look in the rear view mirror -- gee wiz they must be handicappers.

NoDayJob
12-10-2005, 06:49 PM
confirms what most free-thinking people believe . . .

:lol: All I have to say is HOCKEYDOO! :lol:

NDJ [AKA Troll #1]

NoDayJob
12-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Clinton.,.. a proven liar.

bobby, if GW is such a major threat, why is it always talked about in political terms? Thwy do we give a pass to certain nations over others?
and cleaner energy will create jobs? Are YOU Santa Claus?????:lol:

This free thinkin individual happens to think Clinton is a scumball, low llife, lying POS who is directly responsible to Al Qeda growing unchecked throughout the 90's. The guy completely without credibility. Zipper-Bill is an embarresment to the presidency.

:D Ya left out one thingy... the best politician in the 20th century. Otherwise, how could he fool so many people? :D

NDJ [AKA Troll #1]

Lefty
12-10-2005, 07:23 PM
No less a liberal show than NIGHTLINe did a piece just a few yrs ago proving that the world is not overpopulated.
And the U.S. does more to clean up its pollution more than any other country.
I call upon you libs to put your beliefs where your mouths are and give up all your gadgets, your cars and your refrigerators.

schweitz
12-10-2005, 07:33 PM
The Senate voted 95-0 in 1997 to not sign on to the Kyoto treaty.

Bobby
12-10-2005, 08:31 PM
No less a liberal show than NIGHTLINe did a piece just a few yrs ago proving that the world is not overpopulated.
And the U.S. does more to clean up its pollution more than any other country.
I call upon you libs to put your beliefs where your mouths are and give up all your gadgets, your cars and your refrigerators.

Your too funny Lefty. I don't know what to say.

Pollution = smog everywhere. California. The ozone is dead. Skin cancer more prevelant than ever. Kids running around with asthma pumps - can't run 20 yards. Run 50 yards they probably roll over dead. Droughts all over the country. WHat is it gonna take? Water dingy in some parts of the country. Don't you think the US should focus on itself for a bit?

Bobby
12-10-2005, 08:44 PM
REINVEST in itself for a while.

Insteada throwing out a couple of trillion to send Saddam to jail for the rest of his life. Is it worth it? Too many kids not getting educated in this country. Girls running around with babies at 15 and 16. Can't take care of them.

The borders .. . can't control them. Its a drain on the "SYSTEM."

Lefty
12-10-2005, 08:55 PM
bobby says: Insteada throwing out a couple of trillion to send Saddam to jail for the rest of his life. Is it worth it? Too many kids not getting educated in this country. Girls running around with babies at 15 and 16. Can't take care of them.

The borders .. . can't control them. Its a drain on the "SYSTEM."
bobby, the money is not just to send Saddam to jail but to fight terrorists. Keep em outta our country, keeping them fom having a free run of the Middle East...It's getting old trying to talk common sense to you.
We've done nothing but throw monty at our education system as it is, but it's broken, thanks to teachers' unions and other lib ideas. We spend more money on education than any other country but we're nowhere near no. 1 in education. So bobby, money is not the answer so your argument is specious.
Girls running around with babies and can't take care of them, etc. That's the Repubs fault? How do you propose to stop it, make them abort?
The borders need to be guarded but for yrs it was another third rail of politics. But now the piipples, i think, are more amenable to fixing the problem.

Lefty
12-10-2005, 08:59 PM
I can't blve ol bobby said this: The ozone is dead

Bobby
12-10-2005, 09:00 PM
LEfty, that's ALL we've done in IRAQ: take sadaam out of power. That's it. And now its like the Rodney King riots . . .

Lefty
12-10-2005, 09:22 PM
bobby, you don't remember the elections? There's another one coming up. 3000 Schools back in session. Businesses springing up... They even have their own stockmarket.
bobby, ya gotta quit listening to the dem losers. Our soldiers, the ones actually there, say we're winning. Get educated on this, bobby.