Had a chance to review Tampa. My selections for Saturday are as follows:

2-6 / 8 -12
3 / 5-4
3- 12/ 2-6-8
6-2/ 8
7 / 9-5
6-12 / 3-5
3-4/ 8-11
? 7-12-8-4-2 -1**I Like The 12 to hit the board and would use as a key. The 1 may get a piece of the money as well.
7-8 / 11 -5-10
1-3 / 4-6-8
4-9 / 5-10
For first day action be careful. I myself will use these numbers is all sorts of combinations, however; I have selected in the order I normally handicap. Money management is really the Big tool and Observation is critical for early big scores. The selection process becomes easier each day of a new meet so try to get a feel as early as possible to get a super value play.

Win- lose – or draw this is my last post. PaceAdvantage has every right to decide who and what will be published on his site. Apparently our business views are different. Personally I feel lots can be gained from different views, ideas, and criticism. The thread I began received thousands of views and more posts in a few days than almost any other. For a forum I would think that would be what one would want. Even in the mixture of attacks I was able to backtrack persons and visit Web sites that I would have never located regarding thoroughbreds. I even discovered a nice utility on one members site that I never new was out there. Many other posters did research as well. The attacks really didn’t bother me as much as you would think. I have been out spoken most of my life. My line in the sand is censorship. I don’t want to run the risk of being stopped in my tracks again by a youthful ( I suppose well meaning) Administrator.

Forum:

a public meeting place for open discussion c : a medium (as a newspaper) of open discussion or expression of ideas.

PaceAdvantage according to the emails I received has a history of this censorship. I only know that as long as there were no personal threats this thread should have continued and went away on its own. In time, as many of you who know me will attest, I would become a valuable asset to the forum. I was just getting started with Tampa.

Is there a real FORUM anywhere out in cyberspace? I don’t mean the subscribers, but rather a freedom of expression site that has knowledge of this industry?

Thanks For The Time I was Given,

Steve Richardson

<steve@idca.com>

PaceAdvantage
12-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Give me a freakin break! Censorship? How about Bullshit instead?!?!

You contributed nothing but bullshit in your first thread. Absolutely nothing was accomplished in that thread except a massive ego trip.

But again, closing a thread is not censorship. It's still there for all to read in its infinitely confusing and utterly useless glory.

PaceAdvantage according to the emails I received has a history of this censorship. I only know that as long as there were no personal threats this thread should have continued and went away on its own. In time, as many of you who know me will attest, I would become a valuable asset to the forum. I was just getting started with Tampa.

I leave you with these final thoughts. First, a hearty :lol: :lol: for your "history of censorship line." That's a good one! I needed the laugh.

Second, I've seen your type come and go many times on this board since 1999, and guess what? We're still here, with or without you.

Zaf
12-09-2005, 11:44 PM
Win- lose – or draw this is my last post.

Good Riddence !

Z

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2005, 12:03 AM
Steverr1,

It's a joke. Censorship? What exactly was in that thread that I closed that needed to be censored? Nothing.

For the record, it was closed because it had gotten out of CONTROL. It is my job to make sure threads on this board contain a certain amount of SENSE, a certain amount of ORDER, a certain amount of COMPREHENSION.

If you bothered to read your terms of service when you signed up for this place, you would understand why the thread was closed....not due to censorship (but it's a cute little BUZZ word that might stoke some coals), but due to another "c" word.....COMMON SENSE.

tomcg
12-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Perhaps you should censor the foul-mouth idiots rather than censoring Steve.

real bush..

tom from Tampa

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Perhaps you should censor the foul-mouth idiots rather than censoring Steve.

For the last time, "Steve" wasn't censored. He is free to post whatever he wants.

Thanks for your interest.

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2005, 12:08 AM
By the way, a closed thread can always be re-opened. Convince me.

kingfin66
12-10-2005, 01:48 AM
Although I did not like Steve's initial post and stated so, I do respect how he kept responding to the criticism in a very civil manner. The truth is, Steve is most likely who he says he is. I wouldn't reopen that thread, not because of what Steve or others said, but because it did devolve into something ridiculous - around the time Santa Claus appeared (no offense Santa).

FYI - PA very rarely censors anybody. Cursing is about the only thing and the standards aren't even that tight regarding language. PA also very rarely bounces anybody from the site. In the rare instances where he has had to remove a member, he will usually let them come back.

PA is really one that can both dish out and take spirited debate and different ideas. At least that's been my observation over the past couple of years.

xfile
12-10-2005, 06:48 AM
Is there a real FORUM anywhere out in cyberspace? I don’t mean the subscribers, but rather a freedom of expression site that has knowledge of this industry?

Steve Richardson

<steve@idca.com>

Congratulations Steve. You are this week's winner of the DEE DEE DEE award. You join an elite group of people (mostly in our industry) that includes:
* Some of TVG's top personalities (too numerous to mention)
* Wayne Gertmenian
* NYRA's board of directors
* Florida Governor Jeb Bush
* Andy Beyer
* and many more

Steverr1
12-10-2005, 08:01 AM
OK PaceAdvantage I have to respond.

CENSOR

2 : one who supervises conduct and morals: as a : an official who examines materials (as publications or films) for objectionable matter

Regarding your own FORUM you exercised #2 listed above. But as I see it no one was threatening, the person getting attacked was not complaining, and your site was serving the purpose you set out to accomplish when you subscribed to the idea of a forum.

Common Sense would have allowed the thread to die on its own-PROVIDED, there were no serious threats to anyone. Instead you invoked definition # 2 to effectively kill free speech. Furthermore, there was horse information in the thread and I was just beginning to bring a few different ways of looking at the races into the discussion and was slowly getting accepted to the list.

I purposely started slow as it takes awhile to demonstrate that winners lose too, but with management they can stay in the game and ultimately get on the positive ROI side of racing. My next post was planned to be about how I handled my wagers at Tampa today.

I asked my wife how I should respond to those who want to know why some rich dude would bother. Her reply was to tell the forum that you like to teach. I guess that is why. I have taught Craps, Roulette, as well, but horses are my thing.

When those who sponsor Forums begin to enforce closure of conversation when there were no real threats, no one selling anything, but rather due to control of expression regarding their opinions then that is nothing short of unchecked power. Power enforced to let all know that you can only state so much at this forum or the big man yields his sword.

Oddly, these type of threads often serves to make the forum more interesting and fun. Just look at the views and posts you received. In a way, you had a winning wager and as the bankroll (of persons) got bigger you killed the bet. Bad business in my opinion.

In addition, if you felt my post caused too much bandwidth use then send me the bill for those few days and I will pay it without question.

Best Regards,

Steve Richardson

GaryG
12-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Steve, you are not blacklisted, just stop whining and start another bleepin thread...not so hard really. :lol: :lol: :lol:

shanta
12-10-2005, 09:06 AM
[QUOTE=Steverr1[
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]PaceAdvantage according to the emails I received has a history of this censorship.

Steve,
This is way off base from what is reality here in my opinion. PA does a lot for all of us here. The problem is people take advantage of his kindness.

Richie Pizzicara

melman
12-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Hey easy solution steve, start your own Web site. You would have no problem at all funding it. I would love to see how you the great "free speach" no censorship man would handle it. I know your to busy. :lol: :lol:

John
12-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Steve and PA ,

This can go on and on. This is PA'S board. He has always been fair to all in the past. Steve, PA has said, You can start any new link,any time. Just call it Part 2

or

Start your own web site and invite all who are interested.....

Keep it simple.

John

Tom
12-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Stevarino......you talk the talk, now walk the walk.

Can't censor winners - post a few, then mayber you will get some creditbility (you have none so far) PA provides us with a nice place to visit - so far, you have offered nothing to improve it other that a loose thread full of idiot walking around wtihout their pants on. I admitt, it should be reopened, only for comedic purposes, as Troll #1 said, ":lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "

And Tomqg.......who the hell were you again? I missed it somewhere. :rolleyes:

GameTheory
12-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Nothing was censored. No post was deleted. No post was prevented from being made except in that thread. A thread was locked. Big deal, start another one. If you've never seen a locked thread before, maybe you've never been on any other internet forum at all?

I actually agree with you in some sense -- I saw no reason to lock the thread -- let it go on it's merry way, but this is a moderated forum. In unmoderated forums, discussions are much harder to have because they are total chaos. But I don't see anything wrong with a few "circus sideshow" threads here and there. This forum is moderated, but lightly so, and the only thing ever censored is profanity and unapproved advertising. Ideas aren't censored here.

So get over yourself, and post if you want to post or don't post if you don't want to post. But the decision is yours, and this censorship nonsense is intellectually dishonest on your part.

Figman
12-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Opening Day - Only Race 9 remains on the grass.

keilan
12-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Thought I’d cap the card and see if this guy (Steve?) had any idea, FWIW we landed on many of the same horse and believe me that hasn’t happened very often since I began playing the ponies. What surprised me about our picks being so similar is that Tampa’s track is a little heavier than most and that fact alone usually has me on horses other players don’t get behind.

Small caveat – I don’t play Tampa a lot so some barn moves will put me at a disadvantage compared to the venues I’d normally be playing.

1) 9-6-2
2) 3
3) 2-5-7-12
4) 2-6
5) 7-9
6) 6-12/5-8-10
7) 3-7/8-11-14
8) 1-4/8
9) 7-8/6-11
10) 4-3
11) 4-10/11

Just noticed Fig's post so disregard selections where the turf races are now on dirt

rrbauer
12-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Well lookee here....all of these Tampa players!

Tampa Bay Downs
Saturday December 10, 2005
Dirt: Good Turf: Good
Races 5 and 7 are OFF the turf.
For changes etc., check out
http://www.equibase.com/premium/changes/TAM-changes.asp

Pay attention to how the early dirt races are playing. If outside speed is clearing it will be tough on other speed that is drawn inside.

Tampa races are live on HRTV

R1
This looks like a cake walk for CHATHAM PARKWAY. I love this trainer but I don’t like this situation. You have to use the horse, but I prefer another one as my pick. SKIPPING JACK worked well before the debut at Woodbine (6/5 fav) and then continued to work well after that race. He ships in from the cold country and draws a good hole for what looks like a stalking trip. Of the others, FREEDOM FORCE, GLITTER BOB and LERMA TIME all deserve some respect.

R2
This boils down to VIRGO VIXEN with the speed to get loose on the front end; and, MY PHILLY who was here last year but never started. PHILLY figures to be tighter after the SUF race and should make a race of it. The Mott discard, PARA VIDINHA, and the Scace starter, QUEEN BASTA, figure to pick up the pieces.

R3
This one looks like C. B’S TWISTER for the lead and SKI LODGE in the catbird seat. SHOOT OUT ran some decent ones here last year and looks to be well placed.

R4
DOT THE PAGE got good at Muskegon for Ronnie Allen and he kept her in training after that big Aug 31 race; and, then has worked her twice since arriving here. Allen is dynamite at keeping the good ones going so I like her chances. The ML Fav, MISS CHARTRES, looks to have recovered from the big Aug 8 effort at Philly so she figures up close here. BOSTON BELGA has moved forward for Bennett and should be in the hunt. MEZMER EYES is back in the Debbie Artz barn and she might jump up to show her appreciation for new home cooking.

More later………….

andthereoff
12-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Lets just see how his picks play out today

tomcg
12-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Well, Steve posted his selections, I would suggest that the results should be what proves/disproves the validity . So far an exacta and triple in two races.

rrbauer
12-10-2005, 01:49 PM
I’ll pass on the two races that came off the turf.

Here’s the balance

R6
DAVIDS EXPECTATION looks like he will get the trip here and collar the speed for the win. He’s no slouch in the speed department for that matter. I looked earlier at BURLEY A but this guy is a pure “need to lead” type and will get a ton of early pressure from this bunch. The other contenders that I see are TRICKS OF GLORY, FIREY NEW LOVE and MODEL HOME.

R8
Mr. Ziadie has a sharp one in this heat and will be the one to beat. That’s JEWELS N GEMS. The inside looks OK today so be sure and use CACHINNATED. Add BUCK SPENDER to the big guy list and TEXAS GOLD DIGGER to the maybe list.

R9
It’s hard to separate ATTICUS KRISTY and COURAGEOUS KING in this turf dash. I have a longshot possibility here in ANJIZ CRYPTO. And, if you’re looking for something else, try PLACIDO.

R10
FOREST DANZ and LIQUOREUX look really good with this bunch. I can make a smaller case for R LOYAL MAN and DINNER CHOICE.

R11
THE WORD IS OUT looks best. WORLD JAMBOREE gets an important rider switch and should like this outside draw. SKIP THE SIESTA has some lick but what about stick? Look for CHARISMIC AMERICAN to be rolling late.

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Steverr1,

I said it before, and I will say it again. Nobody censored you, IMO. ALL of your posts remain on the board for all to read, and you have the ability to start any NEW thread you so desire.

I am the police and the fire department here, like it or not. I make the call when a thread is getting out of hand, and needs to have water thrown on the fire. I made that call with your thread. Maybe I was right, maybe I was wrong. Regardless, it's my decision to make.

You seem to be someone with something to offer the folks here, and they seem to be interested in what you have to say. I'm surprised you took such offense to a closed thread, but I guess there's nothing I can do about that....

If I came off harshly towards you in THIS thread, I apologize, and hope you stick around to participate in more civilized threads in the future.

==PA

rrbauer
12-10-2005, 02:02 PM
In the spirit of "intellectual honesty" (the folks at this board who know me don't need this post...in fact they know that I'm showing off!)

Wager details for ticket number 52451690-1:

Wager Type: Daily Double
Wager Status: Win
Base Amount: 20.00 (USD)
Risk / To Win Amount: 80.00 / (USD)
Date Accepted: 10-December-2005
Time Accepted: 9:25:35 AM (Pacific)
Amount Paid: 168.00

Track Race: Tampa Bay; Race #1
Race Date: 10-December-2005
Runners: 2.Chatham Parkway (KY), 9.Skipping Jack (KY)/ 3.My Philly (FL), 5.Virgo Vixen (FL)

Wager details for ticket number 52454390-1:

Wager Type: Pick 3
Base Amount: 6.00 (USD)
Risk / To Win Amount: 24.00 / (USD)
Time Accepted: 9:52:19 AM (Pacific)
Amount Paid: 691.20

Track Race: Tampa Bay; Race #2
Runners: 3.My Philly (FL), 5.Virgo Vixen (FL)/ 6.C. B.'s Twister (FL), 12.Ski Lodge (FL)/ 2.Dot The Page (PA)

linrom1
12-10-2005, 02:37 PM
In the spirit of "intellectual honesty" (the folks at this board who know me don't need this post...in fact they know that I'm showing off!)

Wager details for ticket number 52451690-1:

Wager Type: Daily Double
Base Amount: 20.00 (USD)
Risk / To Win Amount: 80.00 / (USD)
Time Accepted: 9:25:35 AM (Pacific)
Amount Paid: 168.00

Track Race: Tampa Bay; Race #1
Runners: 2.Chatham Parkway (KY), 9.Skipping Jack (KY)/ 3.My Philly (FL), 5.Virgo Vixen (FL)

Wager details for ticket number 52454390-1:

Wager Type: Pick 3
Base Amount: 6.00 (USD)
Risk / To Win Amount: 24.00 / (USD)
Time Accepted: 9:52:19 AM (Pacific)
Amount Paid: 691.20

Track Race: Tampa Bay; Race #2
Runners: 3.My Philly (FL), 5.Virgo Vixen (FL)/ 6.C. B.'s Twister (FL), 12.Ski Lodge (FL)/ 2.Dot The Page (PA)

RR go away, this is Steven got even show. Post your picks elsewhere. Steven
5 - 5.

fight
12-10-2005, 02:41 PM
this truely is stevens show. so far nice we may eat crow

rrbauer
12-10-2005, 02:45 PM
RR go away, this is Steven got even show. Post your picks elsewhere. Steven
5 - 5.

Sorry. They're already posted. Next time I'll start my own thread. I didn't realize that this thread was a big pissing match until after I did my first post. PA should change the title to something more appropriate.

fight
12-10-2005, 02:55 PM
PA should change the title to something more appropriate. like
WILL HE OR WE EAT CROW ....so far we

NoDayJob
12-10-2005, 02:58 PM
:D Will Steve Richardson start another thread? I can hardly wait for all the funny replies. I hope he does. Very civil answers too, considering all the flak. :D

NDJ [AKA Troll #1]

Steve 'StatMan'
12-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Steverr, another way to explain it is, PA didn't close down the thread because you said anything wrong. He did it because the way you entered the forum because it was like you walked in off the street into a boxing ring, and people were taking so many shots at you, that, as a ref, it was best give you a standing 8 count and slow down the silly jabs at was causing his fourum to get chaotic. Seemed to me that, if you're legit, that he was trying to help you.

BIG RED
12-10-2005, 03:17 PM
2 dead heats.....whats up with that :eek: Could be more to come. Keep pluggin Steve

fight
12-10-2005, 04:18 PM
pass the salt ....nice steve two left :jump:

fight
12-10-2005, 04:24 PM
ps.....thank you

fast4522
12-10-2005, 04:36 PM
I would ask anyone inside this thread for a very objective opinion as to the Tampa race 8 thread I started on Binders board. It is in the handicapping section which does need a password, Binder will provide ASAP. This thread on Pace Advantage and the thread on Binder's site I would like to link somehow and would enjoy the opinion of you folks here to see if we did it right to your liking. I in no way want to piss anyone off or break any rules, and would ask if you good people would comment here.
Thank you
http://bindfold.com/forums/index.php

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Not bad so far....4 top choice winners [$3.60, $8.20, $3.00, $6.00] (I gave him credit for a top choice win in the 8th) out of 10 so far, and 4 second choice winners [$6.80, $13.80, $3.80, $8.40].....8 for 10 top two....can't beat that....lots of chalk, but two very nice exactas to his credit [$61.60 & $82.80]....barely a profit on Steve's top choices, but he more than makes up for it with his second choices and exactas....exactas were very nice considering he didn't list too many combos....

One more race to go....

tomcg
12-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Steve's picks for race nine were pretty interesting. Here are the results:

10 Milky Way Guy (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=4508166&sap=HPR) Edwin Molinari 46.40 10.60 5.00 8 Courageous King (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=6169807&sap=HPR) Mike E. Smith 3.40 2.40 7 Atticus Kristy (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=6101880&sap=HPR) T. D. Houghton 2.80 Also ran: 1 - Anjiz Crypto (ARG) (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=6568993&sap=HPR) , 11 - Bernie Blue (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=6587662&sap=HPR) , 2 - Headline (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=5393218&sap=HPR) , 9 - Scattering Breezes (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=4678485&sap=HPR) , 6 - Sterling Gold (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=4666050&sap=HPR) , 12 - Scrubs (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=5301742&sap=HPR) , 3 - Placido (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=5393524&sap=HPR) Scratched horses: Source (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=4496696&sap=HPR) , Chosen Chief (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=5077415&sap=HPR) , Dirtymoposse (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=6096803&sap=HPR) , Western Kind (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpHorseMPPByHorse.cfm?refno=6306018&sap=HPR) Wager Type Winning Numbers Payoff $2 Exacta 10-8 171.80 $2 Superfecta 10-8-7-1 6,278.60 $2 Trifecta 10-8-7 617.20 Winning Breeder: Arthur I. Ap

JimG
12-10-2005, 04:59 PM
I don't care at all for all the bs that has been on the board the last couple of days, however I think Steve's contenders have been very solid and there was money to be made with his selections today. More than I can say for myself today..LOL

Jim

analyzer
12-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Jealousy the BIG GREEN MONSTER has just JUMPED on many of your backs and you should be ASHAMED of yourselves. What would it hurt to have kept your skepticism quiet and given Steve an opportunity, or at least the benefit of the doubt? I do not know Steve but of course you will say I am some newbie with very few posts who is probably on Steve's payroll. Better yet I am probably in the publishing business and we have a deal so I can publish the book he talked about early in the thread which probably will not be GOOD because he cant know what he purports to know. I do not think Steve is the kind of person who needs my help to defend himself and he probably does not need to be a part of this board to be successful. No matter, the whole bunch of you who do not believe ANYONE can win at this game should re-think your posture and think a little before you engage your NOBODY CAN WIN THINKING in PRINT. They certainly CANT WIN if they come out and tell you they can. What is the usual response, Nobody will come out and tell anything if they really know anything. I have no problem with anyone being skeptical but what would it hurt to say something like " Would you provide your insight on the first day at Tampa"? If he had accepted and flopped, so be it. If on the other hand there was beneficial information provided, pat him on the back. Who knows we all might have been able to learn something. I suppose I do not understand why someone is Guilty until proven Innocent instead of the other way around? It takes all kinds of folks to make the world go around and just because one persons way is not your way does not make either way wrong. I think a little Patience would go along way toward attracting people willing to share information which might be useful to all. I understand why some people who are very sucessful and knowledgeable would certainly not want to be exposed to the negativity. God forbid any of you NAY SAYERS reconsider re-evaluating some of the things said and taking a different approach. I am sure some of you do not need any different thoughts or ideas which might be beneficial to this common pursuit and good for you if the shoe fits. I feel there are some on the board who like to hear contrary views and thoughts and allow someone to be Innocent until PROVEN GUILTY. I think stopping the previous thread was wrong in this case, not my Board and not my decision. I am sorry about the approach taken in this case. Just a contrarian view in this case.

fight
12-10-2005, 05:17 PM
9th tampa ex 171.00 and tri

Light
12-10-2005, 05:41 PM
You guys act like you've never seen people pick a few winners. When someone selects 5 horses in a 10 horse field (9th Tampa) as Steve did ,we mock him in the selections board. Remember Cakes and Tonto? I haven't seen them since they were mocked off for doing just that in the selections forum.Here Steve's is given credit like he singled the $46 horse when it was listed as his 5th choice. We've all done that too,but I would never pat myself on the back for my 5th choice winning nor give anybody credit for that.You don't need to baby Steve.

Alot of guys can pick horses. I never doubted Steve could. What I critcized him for in the closed thread was playing politics with the forum. And if I'm elected I will show you how to make a million dollars like me. Yeah,we're still waiting George.

Tom
12-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Results for one day - good or bad prove nothing.

And without the bets to go along with the picks, how does one know if a profit was made or not?

Tom
12-10-2005, 06:08 PM
You guys act like you've never seen people pick a few winners. When someone selects 5 horses in a 10 horse field (9th Tampa) as Steve did ,we mock him in the selections board. Remember Cakes and Tonto? I haven't seen them since they were mocked off for doing just that in the selections forum.Here Steve's is given credit like he singled the $46 horse when it was listed as his 5th choice. We've all done that too,but I would never pat myself on the back for my 5th choice winning nor give anybody credit for that.You don't need to baby Steve.

Alot of guys can pick horses. I never doubted Steve could. What I critcized him for in the closed thread was playing politics with the forum. And if I'm elected I will show you how to make a million dollars like me. Yeah,we're still waiting George.

I agree. I assumed when he posted 4-9 he meant two horses...4 and 9, not 4,5,6,7,8,9...?? Since this is the only way he had the exacta, it is not so impressive. How much was invested to hit it? What the investment on the whole day?

Doug3312
12-10-2005, 06:15 PM
I for one made money on his horse today and, I have been looking forward to some of his ideas and now I may be dissapointed that I may miss some professional teaching also.:confused:

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2005, 06:30 PM
I agree with Light and Tom. Don't really understand analyzer's post....I never called into question Steverr's credentials, just his self-introduction to the board, and the uproar that he should have known it would cause.....whatever.

I have no idea if Steve is who he says he is, and frankly, I don't care. He posted some nice picks today, just like lots of folks have done over the years here....more power to them....

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2005, 06:34 PM
No matter, the whole bunch of you who do not believe ANYONE can win at this game should re-think your posture and think a little before you engage your NOBODY CAN WIN THINKING in PRINT. They certainly CANT WIN if they come out and tell you they can. What is the usual response, Nobody will come out and tell anything if they really know anything.....

Analyzer, I don't understand. I would venture a guess that MOST people on this board DO BELIEVE YOU CAN WIN AT THIS GAME, else they WOULD NOT WASTE THEIR TIME HERE. They wouldn't be playing the game, period.

There have been lots and LOTS of insightful posts on this board throughout the years....it's not as if we're all swimming around waiting for the "second coming" to drop some chum into the water....

The responses in this thread only serve to highlight WHY I closed the previous thread. People start to go way overboard and blow everything out of proportion. All of sudden, this board is full of folks who believe nobody can win at this game, and Steverr is the only guy who's ever posted winners.

It's getting old. :rolleyes:

keilan
12-10-2005, 06:38 PM
I think Steve was extremely fair in his selection process, he clearly showed his “A” and “B” horses. He never went deeper than 2 horses for “A” selections; Tonto went 5-6 deep hardly the same thing.

There was only one horse today that paid in excess of $15 and Steve had him as his 5th choice but in fairness he could have had the 11-5-10 (9th race) as even. Steve is the only one that really knows whether the $46 horse was tied for 3rd or 5th in his selections. Either way he picked a horse that paid boxcars and his “A horses” ran behind him.

Steve has been given credit by others but hasn’t to this point taken any credit for the $46 horse so bringing it up has no relevance.

Tom is correct that one day doesn’t count a whole lot but Steve put himself out there when most guys here never have. Personally I like guys who can walk the talk and show a set of balls. Posting picks is the only way I know of to quantify whether someone has some talent.

Because the card was chalking doesn’t take anything away from his picks, he was able to extract from the card what was available --- sign of a decent player imo.

And finally to all the guys jumping on to Steve’s bandwagon after the fact – where were you before he made his selections today? If I were him I’d dismiss you immediately as your agenda/comments are hardly honorable.

cj
12-10-2005, 06:44 PM
...Remember Cakes and Tonto? I haven't seen them since they were mocked off for doing just that in the selections forum...

Actually, "they" were mostly mocked off for being one and the same, though picking 9 horses per race was a part of it. :D

schweitz
12-10-2005, 07:20 PM
When those who sponsor Forums begin to enforce closure of conversation when there were no real threats, no one selling anything, but rather due to control of expression regarding their opinions then that is nothing short of unchecked power. Power enforced to let all know that you can only state so much at this forum or the big man yields his sword.

In addition, if you felt my post caused too much bandwidth use then send me the bill for those few days and I will pay it without question.

Against my better judgement I'm going to weigh in---the above combined with your initial post comes across to me as someone who either is full of bs or has a massive ego. I don't know if you are who you say you are or not---nor do I care---you want to teach handicapping and post picks?---then quit whining and do it---nobody is stopping you. If you would rather bitch and moan about how unfair this site is then why don't you do all your teaching and posting at your web site?

Steverr1
12-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Hello To All,

Today I have been overwhelmed with emails. Keep them coming when you feel like it, but on days like today there are just too many to answer however that doesn’t take away from how appreciative I am that you spared a few moments to let me know how well you did with my picks.

I don’t have a lot of time as I have many friends coming over to watch the Winky Wright fight. Winky and Jeff Lacy are friends of mine and I have attended all their fight except this one. I sponsor a Stake Race every year and two years ago I had Winky come by to award the trophy to Tom Proctor. Real nice guy.

Everyone that wrote wants to know how I did at Tampa today. I know a lot of others don’t want to know about the money part so don’t read any further.

I don’t have any proof other than Pete Berube the GM of Tampa Bay who happened by my table when the 3 won the 2nd race. If Pete is on this forum perhaps he will chime in and validate this next line. I was exactly $5, 386.00 Net from DD’s, Exacta’s, etc. The bankroll just grew from there. When the 4 was scratched in the seventh my selection # 8 moved into second spot. So, by the 9th race I was 8 of 8 with my first two selections.

Not to bore you I also had all the gimmicks and yes I did cash on the $46 horse via exactas.

Not enough time to go into how I manage my bankroll.

PA, you seem like a nice guy. You also seem to have an open mind about many things. Good Quality in a person I think.

PS. Schweitz,
No whine, just thoughts. We all have them and I will not invade your space with that stuff again. Deal?

Steve Richardson

kenwoodallpromos
12-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Steve's "ready" AE horse in the 7th, T.A., finished a strong 2nd, 8+ lengths ahead of the show.
Yes, only 1 horse, only 1 race, only 1 day. I believe as owner he won part of the purse.

analyzer
12-10-2005, 08:23 PM
PA- I started this and I think I made it disappear. I am sorry if this is a repeat. I understand skepticism and I understand if some did not like the introduction. If you think the greeting was appropriate for someone new to your site we will agree to disagree. I do not think anyone was forced to read or believe the introduction. I understand you have an obligation and responsibility to monitor and by all rights should do that. I do not share the belief of being so negative even if you do not believe someones claims. Give those you have this thought of enough rope and they will hang themselves. I do not think it is necessary to say someone cannot do what they say until they are proven to be wrong. If you think warfare is going to come of something or the banter becomes threatening, stop it. I do not understand how we could read the same info and you did not understand why I interpreted the goings on as I did. I suppose we will have to agree to disagree. You don't see how I drew the conclusion I did, and I cannot seee why you did not draw the same conclusion or did not understand what I wrote. Who is right, maybe neither of us but I would not allow someone to chastise someone willing to share without knowing whether there was anything useful to come from it. I am not saying I am right and you are wrong we just happen to be on different sides of this fence. I'm from Texas and we execute more folks than anyone else but at least they get a trial before we do it. Sorry if you do not see my point or agree with my interpretation of what I think happened. I supppose this is why all of your members are involved in handicapping but we certainly do not see things the same way. No money to be won in this discussion just a different opinion of the same happenings.

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Hey, we agree on one thing. We both want a place where we can learn and share in relative peace. The prior thread wasn't very peaceful. Some folks like that kind of chaos. I like it too, but to an extent. How about we all agree to let it go and move on....

Light
12-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Steve

The bottom line is everyone here is interested in handicapping and handicapping ideas.We're all in the same boat.You can't wait till everyone is sitiing down and friendly.

If all the great leaders on this planet let those that did not agree with them,get to them,this world would be a much sadder place. If you truly desire to share your ideas, you needn't make it so complicated and impossible by getting hung up with every criticism directed at you.I sense your are on the fence whether to continue here or not. Your popularity may be unprecedented. If that backdoor welcome is not enough to connect you here,nothing will.

analyzer
12-10-2005, 08:52 PM
PA- You got an Amen here. No P-ssing contest necessary. Welcome to the PA board and Good luck to all.

kingfin66
12-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Remember Cakes and Tonto? I haven't seen them since they were mocked off for doing just that in the selections forum.

Actually, the issue people took with Cakes and Tonto, besides them being the same person, is that they (1) made multiple selections in all of their races, then (2) redboarded a horse other than one of their multiple selections. This was actually Tonto who would make a post saying something like, "Belmont, Race 1 - 1,2,4,6,7." Then when the 5 won the race, Tonto would say, "I meant #5 and caught the $150 exacta."

kenwoodallpromos
12-10-2005, 09:44 PM
This thread has the record in "selections" for replies!
I truth, I told Steve the only reasons I think PA stops threads is if they: Go off-topic too much; Violate copyright laws; or excessive flaming with swearing.
In this case I think PA had 2 of the 3 reasons to pull life support. Unforunate for Steve.
My fsamily thinks I have to big an ego when I tell them I won $5 on a $2 bet!!LOL!!

toetoe
12-10-2005, 09:47 PM
I like your back-door welcomes most of all. :kiss:

the little guy
12-10-2005, 09:52 PM
First of all, let me thank the person who directed me here for this further entertainment, with so little in my life I appreciate any belly laughs I can get.

But secondly, what I am most confused about is what the real point is. Nobody ever doubted that Steverino was a handicapper, and possibly a successful one, though his million dollar claims were a high on the hilarity meter. What seems so obviously the case is the way he behaves. Now, don't get me wrong, it's obvious to me that he is only acting like a jackass to get any response he can. It's hard to believe anybody really acts this way in " real " life....or at least I hope not. I mean seriously, virtually every post is filled with " me me me "..i.e. I got lots of e-mails today ( big deal ), I have friends coming over, I have given out lots of winners, I made this and I made that. Who cares! I could fill up pages with the names of major people in the industry and major players I know, and I would look like a total jackass, so I only do it occasionally :cool: . Everything he has done since coming here was absolutely designed to get attention and create friction. And now he's falsely claiming to have been censored? It's PA's board, we are all here by his good graces, if any of don't like it we can simply not come here. But, at least to me, Steve wants to add " bad guest " to his already brimming resume of poor behavior.

If Steve had a genuine interest in joining this board he would have simply joined in on conversations that interested him, and put in his anonymous two-cents worth, for better or worse. Instead, he flew in here like Liberace, announcing his arrival as though we're all supposed to be thrilled. Nobody here is jealous...but some of us are giving him the " welcome " he asked for. We're all horseplayers here, some better than others, and some with names in the industry, but on this board we're all the same, we all start with a clean slate, and create our own reputations.

tomcg
12-10-2005, 09:52 PM
To PaceAdministrator: I for one owe you an apology, Reading all the threads in the other board that was shut down, you can see the degeneration. What I initially was seeing was that you were shutting down the board because of what Steve said, that would be wrong. Your tone in this thread vs the last is what prompted me to rethink my comments to you.

Anyhow, it was interesting to see how is picks did, not bad also considering its the 1st day of the meet and you have horses shippingw from all over.

I'd be curious how Steve views his horses chance tomorrow (assuming race remains on turf). 10-1 morning line.

Regards

Tom

kenwoodallpromos
12-10-2005, 10:08 PM
"it's obvious to me that he is only acting like a jackass to get any response he can."
You may be right in the sense that he wanted attention. If that is true then we all helped him succeed at that!LOL!
Some of us, including me, may not fit into the typical stereotype of a PA newbie. And what little he said about quickly adaping picks to fit track bias would go over here like a lead balloon anyway.

Vegas711
12-10-2005, 11:43 PM
I am going to play the theme song of Welcome back Kotter in the honor of steve.

Kojack said it many times " who loves you baby" , Steve for someone who has only been around here for a short time you have many fans. Screw the critics:lol: what the hell do they know:confused:

P.A. May be the sheriff but he runs a friendly jail like the one in Mayberry.The keys are always next to the cell to let your thread out. Sometimes you have to Nip it in the Bud.

Steve, Dude I look forward to hearing more from you. Many here would like to learn how to do what you were able to do, so keep on posting.

Light
12-10-2005, 11:51 PM
I like your back-door welcomes most of all. :kiss:

You may remember my backdoor welcome to you on this board.... I called you a motormouth mingler(MM). No one greeted you with celebrity status. You finished the last pk4 contest in the rears. You make no sense in many of your posts.But does that stop you.No We can't get rid of you. :D

But seriously,this board would not be as entertaining without you.

kingfin66
12-11-2005, 01:04 AM
I could fill up pages with the names of major people in the industry and major players I know, and I would look like a total jackass, so I only do it occasionally :cool: .

Oh go ahead Andy, drop a few names. I, for one, would like to hear a few. I bet The Big Guy, who we know that you know, lurks here. Am I right?

the little guy
12-11-2005, 01:07 AM
I highly doubt he has ever been here...though I know some interesting threads I would love to show him :D .

Where would I start......I know them all.

kenwoodallpromos
12-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Since you know (knew) them all, maybe you can start a thread and talk about some major differences in training horses and handicapping.
I have read books from the 1950's on training (Preston Burch) and handicapping (Ray Talburt) and learned some interesting things, but I'm looking for important forgotten or seldom-used angles and/or methods, especially pertaining to when applying to different races in the condition book and/or track-to-track. Thanks!

tomcg
12-11-2005, 12:54 PM
From equibase re: Tampa Bay Downs:

DATE: Sunday, Dec 11, 2005

TRACK: Sloppy
TURF: Off the Turf

Tom

cj
12-16-2005, 05:56 AM
2-6 / 8 -12
3 / 5-4
3- 12/ 2-6-8
6-2/ 8
7 / 9-5
6-12 / 3-5
3-4/ 8-11
? 7-12-8-4-2 -1**I Like The 12 to hit the board and would use as a key. The 1 may get a piece of the money as well.
7-8 / 11 -5-10
1-3 / 4-6-8
4-9 / 5-10
For first day action be careful. I myself will use these numbers is all sorts of combinations, however; I have selected in the order I normally handicap. Money management is really the Big tool and Observation is critical for early big scores. The selection process becomes easier each day of a new meet so try to get a feel as early as possible to get a super value play.

Okay, I'm going to give an objective look as these selections, I really didn't pay much attention before.

To be honest, I'm lost on "all sorts of combinations" and "selected in the order I normally handicap". I'm a bit dense, but that is very vague to me. My skeptical side thought at the time this was intentional.

1st 2-6 / 8-12

Okay, this race came in 2-6. 4-5 over 7-2 for an $11 exacta. No tri hit. This doesn't look like a winner to me if he used all sorts of combos.

2nd 3 / 5-4

Came in 3-4 for an 8.00 winner and a very nice 61.60 exacta. The 5 was 3rd for a tri of 137. Due to his vagueness of betting stategy, it is tough to gather what he would have bet, but it had to be profitable.

3rd 3- 12/ 2-6-8

The favored 12 won, nothing else close. I wouldn't call this race a winner, picking 5 horses and the 2-1 fave wins. JMHO.

4th 6-2/ 8

Comes in 2-8, 13.80 winner, though not picked on top, and a very nice $82.80 exacta. Had to be a winner here.

5th 7 / 9-5

7 wins at 50 cents on the dollar. No exacta. I guess technically you could call this a winner, but I doubt there was win money bet here.

6th 6-12 / 3-5

12 dead heats with the 2 for the win, returns 3.80. I would have to assume this was a losing race with short price and combo bets.

7th 3-4/ 8-11

I'm not sure what to make of this one. One scratched, his top horse ran out, but the 8-11 comprised a $39 exacta. Assuming the top choice is favored in the combos, I would suspect a modest profit.

8th ? 7-12-8-4-2 -1**I Like The 12 to hit the board and would use as a key. The 1 may get a piece of the money as well.

I really don't know what to make of this. What is the ? ? The 12 won at 2-1, the third choice ran second, the second choice 1 ran out. I'll call this race a push, as it looks like many combos and low payoffs and the top choice out, and I think I'm being generous.

TAKE SO FAR: Decent handicapping, but I wouldn't call this 8 for 8.

9th 7-8 / 11 -5-10

Not sure what to make of this one. His top two choices ran 2nd and 3rd as the heavy faves, while his fifth choice won at a price. How do you analyze a fifth choice winner over two faves? I don't know, because he didn't tell us how he bet.

10th 1-3 / 4-6-8

Again, the 3 wins at $8, but nothing else. Is this a winner? I don't think so, but maybe I'm too hard.

11th 4-9 / 5-10

Comes in 10-4. Winner? Technically, I guess, but at 5-2 and 4-5, I hope not many combos were involved.

CONCLUSION: Looks like some solid capping, but without any indication about how he "Managed Money", which is the really "Big" tool, I'm not sure what to make of this. You could give those numbers as formatted to 20 guys, and probably get 10 winners and 10 losers. Again, just my opinion, I tried to be objective, though I probably wasn't given I don't like the guy.

John
12-16-2005, 09:05 AM
You are so right CJ,There are a hundred ways [ methods , software. ] that will find the best contenders in a race.Now,thats were handicapping, judgement, guessing, comes in to play.

If you put a slash mark on your selections. You are saying the horse before the slash are the ones I think will win. the others are my second choices.

One of the members on our board came close when he said, I look at my first choice trainer /Jockey.If I don't like the combo I look at the next selection.

common sence IMO.