PDA

View Full Version : Pace and speed figures from BRIS

tahoesid
12-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Anyone have some feedback about whether it is logical or consistent to compare a 6 furlong pace rating(long race) with a 6 furlong speed rating using BRIS figures.

michiken
12-09-2005, 10:17 PM
I use the 6f pace fig in cutbacks from route to sprints. Do a search for some of my posts. I have attached some nice longshots using this method.

tahoesid
12-10-2005, 02:43 AM
Thanks fior the reply. I was wondering whether it is really accurate to compare the pace figure with the speed figure, since I dont really know exactly how they are arrived at.

GaryG
12-10-2005, 08:08 AM
To me the BRIS pace fig is out of whack, too high when trying to compare to a 6f speed rating. The best fig I have seen in this regard is the Hall EP number used by Allways. When the Hall EP number from a route is higher than the speed ratings for the sprinters the horse is often pretty solid, all things considered of course.

michiken
12-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Bris ratings are inflated because they use 2 points per call in their pace figures. Consequently sprinters going to routes are often over rated.

I have learned from experience how to adjust for these oversights in my head. That is why my software included turn time and final fraction calcs. They help point towards quitters.

I use bris figs because they are affordable. I do not fathom using always where the data files are expensive.

tahoesid
12-10-2005, 10:00 PM
I guess I could always go back to using the actual times and include a daily variant....I was just wondering if it would be worthwhile using the the bris numbers instead, since I haven't been making any adjustments for daily variants and was hoping to get some better results. Will have to run some tests.