PDA

View Full Version : Good Ole NYRA

HolyBull29
12-09-2005, 03:14 PM
They close down Aqueduct hours before any snow started early last night. NO snow storm happened today,streets are clear,skies are clear,and Aqueduct is closed. Maybe they should wait till early morning to decide and not 18-20 hrs beforehand. I liked todays card too which is frustrating. Oh well, it is NYRA.

PaceAdvantage
12-09-2005, 03:27 PM
That's what they've done the last couple of years (wait until morning to decide) UNLESS a monster is predicted to hit the area. This was no monster...nor was a monster predicted.

Perhaps it has something to do with the new pre-race and detention barn rules that were enacted this year. Maybe cancelling in advance makes it less inconvenient for the horsemen, instead of waiting until the very last moment.

Either way, they are going to get criticized (yes, they got criticized for waiting too long to cancel last year and the year before). Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Nature of the beast I suppose.

I now await the cries of "cancel winter racing altogether" along with the "You're nothing but a NYRA shill" as I step back down into my bunker.

Figman
12-09-2005, 04:00 PM
PA - you're a NYRA shill!

Who cares? You have good judgement and we are ALL very lucky that you had the good judgement to start this board. And anyone that loves horse racing can learn more, find out info almost immediately and be entertained on this board to a greater extent than any other Internet horse racing service.
Thanks.

HolyBull29
12-09-2005, 04:01 PM
No I wont argue with you,its true damned if you do damned if you dont,but I just think they should wait until early morning. I do you hear you with the detention barns though,who knows how it affects it. BUt cancelling races like 20 hrs before hand just opens up the door for an issue like this,beatiful winter day for racing and Aqueduct already closed its doors the day before.

xfile
12-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Even more reasons I gravitate to Tampa and Gulfstream for the Winter.

Zman179
12-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Don't know where you live, but this morning here in Jamaica, the weather was atrocious. Two inches of snow to start, followed by frozen rain at noon. Sure Aqueduct could have run, but every race would have been scratched down to four horses.

Better off cancelling.

SOUTHERN SLEW
12-10-2005, 02:46 AM
Does anyone know if Aqueduct will open tomorrow

Tom
12-10-2005, 10:18 AM
No snow at Tampa today! :D

Aque-what?????

My to do list:

1256 Get root canals
1257 Bet inner track at Aquemuck
1258 Anual enema