PDA

View Full Version : horses

Suff
12-09-2005, 11:16 AM
every thing is dead. sat under 8 feet of ? for 3-4 weeeks. so when you go out there ...there is nothing alive, trees. shrubs grass all dead. its grey. black and white. no (or little) humna beings,

there is a 70 foot shrimp boat leaning on a house.:jump: 22-25 miles from the nearest body of water. (think about it)

sent me ou to do a structual anyalsis on this 3 story , 8 unit building.
downI-10, exit 240A, down downman blvd, all the way to the levy, take a left on Haynes, 12,000 block. nothing there, not a sock, a sneaker, a brick...nothing, copper tubes spitting water, and I mean Gone. not leaying beside it, not dropped out back. I mean gone. like it was never there.:lol:

my mother died in baltimore, I was a year way from my pension, my two sisters are in arkansas. I owe 180, I had 20 flood, I'm 55 what am I going to do,

I knew there wasa body in the house, I told my partner, I can smell it. I was right. old lady. 72 days under a couch. weery.

I saw a rock on a roof, I said to my parner that has to be a LAVA rock. where are a mile from th ebreech, how the F does water pick up 200 pounds and put it thhere? Let me out,. I broke off a piece off fence and pocked at it, sure enough. 200 pound rock, a mile from the breech on a 25 foot roof. figure it out.

roof on the ground, sprat painted. "HELP CAN'T SWIN". roof was on the ground, how you think he/she made out?

some shit happened here

schweitz
12-09-2005, 12:21 PM
After seeing this first hand, what is your opinion of rebuilding in this area---I mean do you think that it should be rebuilt?

Bobby
12-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Im just curious . . .So do you work for FEMA or a private firm . . . doing structrual anaylsis.

There's like 60K of 500K there . . . it must be dead on Bourbon Street. :(

kenwoodallpromos
12-09-2005, 01:35 PM
That is what I would expect to hear if someone nuked the place.

Bobby
12-10-2005, 01:15 AM
YES

it should be rebuilt. They got trillons to spend every where else. So why not a few billion here?

NO a culture icon in this world.

I've been up Northeast many a time and it aint got nothing on NO. :eek:

Suff
12-10-2005, 08:21 AM
After seeing this first hand, what is your opinion of rebuilding in this area---I mean do you think that it should be rebuilt?

how do you rebuild 119,000 houses? The govt?

Nope.

I don't say it out loud because people here have problems you would'nt wish on anyone.

City is DONE.

down to 80 thousand now. nutha 100k will come back.

so you go from just under a Million to 175K? Picture the problems.

This is charlestone SC or a mini-memphis for the next 10 years.

You (Govt) cannot fix what happened here. What are you going to do? Give 400 thousand people the Flood insurance they coulda/should/wisha they bought it?

just a hard place to be. thats that.

Suff
12-10-2005, 08:26 AM
Im just curious . . .So do you work for FEMA or a private firm . . . doing structrual anaylsis.

:(

I work for Shaw. I'm attached to the Army Corp of Enginneers. (buffalo Divison). I "m a deputized Building inspector with the City of New Orleans. Mainly because I walk on Private property and I need the Juice to do that. So yea... I got a lil teeny weeny muscle here.