PDA

View Full Version : Hoe Do They Do It

Whitehos
05-23-2001, 08:24 PM
I have noticed that several jockeys who race at Pimlico during the day do double duty at Charles Town at night. Can anyone tell me how they do it? And how far it is between tracks?
Out here in the mid-west its a long way between everything.
Whitehos

Tom
05-23-2001, 08:55 PM
There are lots of commuter flights in those little soup-can airplanes all over the east coast-it would be easy to catch a quick flight out of Baltimore to anywhere on the coast failry quickly. Also, there is a lot of commuter train traffic in the Baltimore area-they could do that also.
I am not sure if they could drive it by car.
Tom

Larry
05-24-2001, 08:49 AM
I think the answer is more simple that phasing themselves about ala Trekkies. Maryland is daytime, Charlestown is nighttime. Commute is simple, at least as simple it ever gets in that area. I66 and I95 and all the various "95" loops are at time very very wide parking lots

======================

Larry and Larry Hamilton are the same guy, it's a long story guys and not very important.

hurrikane
05-25-2001, 10:45 AM
Larry is right. Back before simulcast I use to make the run all the time, at least 3 or 4 times a week. It was PIM and then CT or DEL. Easy from Balt..take 70e to hagerstown and go south on 340 (I know, you probably didn't want directions)...about an hour and a half drive..less if you have to make a bet in the first. :)

Of course those days are gone with simulcast,thankfully.

Larry, very insightfull about 66 and 95, I was parked on both twice this week. :(

Tom
05-25-2001, 12:02 PM
I used to vacation between Penn, Pha, Pim, and Liberty Bell (harness). Drove like a maniac from tack to track-two day cards two night cards. What fun! I don't where I got the energy. Nowadays, I get tired switching the You Bet track buttons.
Tom

hurrikane
05-25-2001, 12:33 PM
Tom,

We probably ran each other off the road at some point. :)

I know the feeling..can't believe the all nighters back then and keep on rolling like it was nothing. These days I'd be recovering for 2 days if I tried that.

I think part of the energy came from 40 cent a gallon gasoline...couldn't afford the drive these days if you wanted too.