PDA

View Full Version : Favorite TV shows

dav4463
12-07-2005, 09:35 PM
What are some of your favorite TV shows that you are embarrassed to admit that you watch and enjoy? Here are some of mine:

The Brady Bunch
Leave it to Beaver
Three's Company
Saved by the Bell
Little House on the Prairie
1938 and 1951 versions of the movie "A Christmas Carol"
Santa Claus is Comin' to Town

Cool shows I can admit to watching:

Andy Griffith
Sanford and Son
Hogan's Heroes

so.cal.fan
12-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Nancy Grace and Fox News.... :D

twindouble
12-07-2005, 11:30 PM
The Three Stooges. :lol:

Tom
12-07-2005, 11:54 PM
South Park
Alias
Man From UNCLE
The Invaders

Overlay
12-08-2005, 09:59 AM
The Dick Van Dyke Show
McHale's Navy

chickenhead
12-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Old: Kung Fu

New: Mythbusters, Extreme Engineering, Good Eats, House.

lsbets
12-08-2005, 11:43 AM
South Park is unquestionably one of the funniest shows ever.

One that is embarassing to admit to liking is my son't favorite cartoon - Jimmy Neutron (my son is 3 1/2). I catually like watching it - its a lot better than Little Bear or Maisey the Cow.

kenwoodallpromos
12-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Fraggle Rock.

GaryG
12-08-2005, 12:13 PM
King of the Hill

lsbets
12-08-2005, 12:14 PM
King of the Hill

That show could be about the guys in my neighborhood!

GaryG
12-08-2005, 12:22 PM
That show could be about the guys in my neighborhood!
My neighbors are a little more like Deliverance...

lsbets
12-08-2005, 12:34 PM
My neighbors are a little more like Deliverance...

As long as they don't tell you to squeal like a pig! :lol:

JustRalph
12-08-2005, 12:41 PM
http://people.clarkson.edu/~cupband/darb04.JPG

kitts
12-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Family Guy and Gilligan's Island.

twindouble
12-08-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm deeply in dept to the Stooges, if it wasn't for them I would have never learned how to plumb a house. :lol:

falconridge
12-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Dragnet: Loved Jack Webb's lectures, the monotone in which he delivered them, the introductory travelogues and factoids about old Los Angeles, and Sgt. Joe Friday's robotically jerky gait. R.I.P., Jack. Go with Gannon.

Mr. Ed: Especially two episodes:

The first: Ed halts his beloved Dodgers' skid by touting Leo Durocher on a flaw in Moose Skowron's swing ("Hello, operator? This is Wilbur Post. Get me Candlestick Park [where, with Skowron on deck with two out in the ninth, the Dodgers trail the hated Giants by a run]. This is an emergency!"). Skowron heeds the advice passed by Ed through Leo, and jacks a game-winning pinch four-bagger. This leads to Ed (for whom Wilbur, of course, acts as front man) scouting the Bums in a workout, which is punctuated by Ed tearing into a Sandy Koufax delivery, launching it to the wall, rounding the bases in full gallop, and "sliding" into home as a nonplussed, wall-eyed John Roseboro leaps skyward to avoid the collision. Leo, Sandy, J.R., and Vin Scully do cameos.

The second: Ed, with a Papermate Retractable clenched in his teeth, circles names appearing among the Hollypark entries listed in the morning paper. The results published the following day show that Ed has swept the card--nine races, nine winners. Neighbor Roger Applegate dismisses it as a fluke--until Ed does it again the next day, and the next. Wilbur, of course, gets the credit, and Mrs. Post arranges a day at the races from which all revenues are to be donated to charity. The prescient palomino sulks, however, when Applegate tries to exploit Ed's/Wilbur's talent, whereupon the stubborn stallion refuses to give out any more picks. ("Devil's Tail? [harrumph]," sneers Ed in sizing up Wilbur's own selection. "He'll finish two lengths behind his own tail!"). Of course the Posts and Applegates, flush with winnings amassed over the first five races on the program, let it all ride, only to see D.'s T. come up a nose short in the parlay capper.

Green Acres: Everyone thrives on Planet Hooterville--save, of course, Oliver Wendell Douglas (Eddie Albert). Loved Tom Lester as hired hand Eb Dawson, Eva Gabor as Mrs. Douglas, Pat Buttram as Mr. Haney, and the irrepressible Arnold Ziffel as ... himself. Arnold, who never outgrows leaving his bicycle on the front porch and his roller skates on the kitchen floor, loves television--especially westerns.

The Three Stooges: Comic genius. Favorite episodes include "A-Plumbing We Will Go" (Curly: "Hey, there's plenty o' pipes heah, if we can just get these wi-uhs out." Moe: "I see you're finally gettin' a bit of a brain in your skull") and "Micro-phonies," in which opera diva Senorita Cucaracha (Curly), seconded by Senores Mucho and Gusto (Moe and Larry), lip-syncs Christine McIntyre's rendition of "Voices of Spring." The Stooges' way with Donizetti's Sextet (! they have to sprint just to keep up) from Lucia is one to die for. And any short that winds up with Vernon Dent or Symona Boniface getting a pie in the puss.

I wouldn't say I'm "embarrassed" to admit to these. Make it "unrepentant."

twindouble
12-08-2005, 02:54 PM
My all time fav is, Dr Zhivago, then Gone With The Wind. Not TV because all I see today on it Sucks to no end.

twindouble
12-08-2005, 03:12 PM
I'll throw in Red Skelton, I love Lucy and Carol Burnett show. Tim Conway, Harvey Korman. :lol:

JustRalph
12-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Dragnet: Loved Jack Webb's lectures, the monotone in which he delivered them, the introductory travelogues and factoids about old Los Angeles, and Sgt. Joe Friday's robotically jerky gait. R.I.P., Jack. Go with Gannon.

I downloaded an episode of Dragnet on Itunes yesterday. $1.99

I just wanted to try out the concept and see how it works. Very cool. Next I am saving up for the pilot episode of "Adam-12"

FYI, You can't burn the episodes to disk yet..............

http://www.tlavideo.com/images/catalog_gaybase/215536.jpg

CryingForTheHorses
12-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Everybody Loves Raymond!..That is soooo funny.

twindouble
12-08-2005, 08:44 PM
I downloaded an episode of Dragnet on Itunes yesterday. $1.99

I just wanted to try out the concept and see how it works. Very cool. Next I am saving up for the pilot episode of "Adam-12"

FYI, You can't burn the episodes to disk yet..............

http://www.tlavideo.com/images/catalog_gaybase/215536.jpg

Dragnet cracked me up, the original. Jack Webb, I have yet to meet anyone close that one in real life. :lol:

Tom
12-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Doh!

How could I have forgotten the Simpsons!

betchatoo
12-09-2005, 12:32 AM
There was a dark comedy on FOx for one season called, "Profit."
I loved that show!

dav4463
12-09-2005, 12:34 AM
I forgot to mention the Three Stooges, but I'm not embarrassed about that. I have a framed poster of them on my wall!

Tom
12-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Good new series on Showtime....Sleeper Cell. I caught 4 hours Saturday and its on my DVR list now. Great show.

toetoe
12-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Believe it or not, E-Ring, with B. Bratt and D. Hopper, is actually watchable.

toetoe
12-12-2005, 08:33 PM
FRidge,

You're incorrigible, too. Maybe that's why I can never correct you.

Guilty pleasures:

House, M.D.

Veronica Mars.

The Great Space Coaster.

The New Zoo Review (JUST KIDDING!).

Davey And Goliath.

Tom Tom The Indian Boy.

Just Shoot Me.

Go Go Gophers.

Anything with Patricia Routledge, the greatest actress of our time. Nice, bombastic ring to that, wot?

Steve 'StatMan'
12-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Hooked on The Simpsons and South Park lately.

No longer playing in Chicagoland, but I enjoyed when I could were:

Street Smarts - Think of a T.V. game show based on a person-on-the-street interviews format ala. Jay Leno/Tonight Show's "Jay Walking". Contestants guess whether 3 interesting interviewees gets answers to common knowledge questions right or wrong.

Maximum Exposure, which often refered to itself as Max-EX. Hilarious voiceovers over interesting videos, normally where something shocking or someone does something stupid and typically suffers some minor injuries whild doing stunts for the cameras. Lots of skateboard accidents, where the kid just gets his braces off and then does a concrete face-plant and looses his front teeth. The drunk at the party who tries to dive off the 3rd floor balcony into the swiming pool, and obviously gets injured when he misses. Just a lot of "Don't do this stuff at home, because here's what happens when yo screw up - but they lived to tell about it and can still joke about it with us".

dav4463
12-12-2005, 11:31 PM
I like Maximum Exposure also. There are a lot of nuts out there.

Dan Montilion
12-13-2005, 12:42 AM
Combat!
Gunsmoke
Leave It To Beaver
Taxi

Dan Montilion

JustRalph
12-13-2005, 07:03 AM
Rat Patrol!

BIG RED
12-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Batman(not anim)
Car 54
Outer Limits

still watch today
All in the Family
X-Files
Wizard of Oz :blush:

FUGITIVE77
12-14-2005, 01:04 AM
My favorite, the best TV drama ever: "The Fugitive". 1963-67 version.

46zilzal
12-14-2005, 01:14 AM
I was able to tape both the First and Last episodes...a QM production...with the lead-in "next The Fugitive in color."

traveler
12-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Dragnet - Just the fact's M'am
Laredo
Combat
The Honeymooner's :jump:

DJofSD
12-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Did I miss it? No one mentioned Ray Walston's and Bill Bixby's program.

toetoe
12-14-2005, 09:11 PM
DJ,

Oh, that's easy. The story of the butterfingered Lynch kid in the UC Berkeley backfield, "My Favorite Marshawn."

kenwoodallpromos
12-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Don Kirshner's rock concert show.

kenwoodallpromos
12-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Don Kirshner's rock concert show.
"DK's Rock Concert NEVER jumped. The acts were big time and varied... Eagles, Stones, Harry Chapin, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Rare Earth, Leon Redbone, Rush, REO Speedwagon, Rufus Thomas, Earth/Wind/& Fire, ELO, Kansas, Ike and Tina Turner, Jim Croce, Uriah Heep, Bad Company, Def Leppard, Foghat, Joe Walsh, Johnny Winter, Steppenwolf, Kiss, Boston, Lou Reed, and a ton of others."

toetoe
12-15-2005, 12:25 AM
As in "jumped the shark?"

Indulto
12-15-2005, 01:32 AM
My all-time top 10:
1.Bullwinkle
2.Rockford Files
3.Hill Street Blues
4.NYPD Blues (with D. Caruso)
5.Star Trek (Kirk & Spock)
6.Cheers (with Shelly Long)
7.In the Heat of the Night
8.Law and Order (original format)
9.Everybody Loves Raymond
10.Gunsmoke (because Rockford was a better Maverick)

toetoe
12-15-2005, 02:13 AM
Okay, how about famous TV folks in forgotten series? Or ANY famous folks.

Christopher George in "The Immortal."
Imogene Coca in "Grindl."
Doug McClure in "Coronet Blue."
Eddie Albert and Robert Wagner in "Switch."
Robert Reed in "The Defenders."

NY BRED
12-15-2005, 04:12 AM
only one show ,both for the actors, humor, and truly representative
of brooklyn, new york:

the honeymooners

close second: brooklyn bridge, produced by gary goldberg,fellow classmate
@lafayette high school.The series actually revolves around his family life
while growing upi in brooklyn.

gary ultimately produced family ties,lou grant, and many other
huge shows .check his website

as important, he led lafayette to its first entry to the psal basketball tournament
playoff in 1962

falconridge
12-15-2005, 11:01 AM
Okay, how about famous TV folks in forgotten series? Or ANY famous folks.1) Jack Lord in "Stoney Burke"
2) Diana Rigg in "Diana"
3) Linda Thorson (Tara King from "The Avengers") in "Marblehead Manor"
4) Katey Sagal (Peg Bundy) in "Mary" (short-lived mid-'80s TV series starring Mary Tyler Moore)

toetoe
12-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Don't remember the last-named lass. Did Marblehead Manor ever make it to these shores?

Can't forget Ross Martin in "Mr. Lucky." Wasn't Robert Conrad in "Hawaiian Eye" or "Surfside Six?"