PDA

View Full Version : Torture....Americans Approve.....

JustRalph
12-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Talk about being on the wrong side of an issue. I think the Dems/Libs have stepped on their proverbial Penis on this one. Include John McCain in that too! He is a closet Dem anyway................Interesting to find once again, America gets it! They understand that this is a new world that calls for equal force and tactics. After reading this poll I have renewed faith, at least a little bit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10345320/

Poll finds broad approval of terrorist torture

"In America, 61 percent of those surveyed agreed torture is justified at least on rare occasions. Almost nine in 10 in South Korea and just over half in France and Britain felt that way. "

Secretariat
12-06-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm proud to not be a member of that poll.

Tom
12-06-2005, 11:55 PM
Define torture. Makes a big difference. Half of what libs call torture is not at all.

No one died at Abu Grad. No one was permentaly injured, no one was seriously injured. Most were not as manhandled as a typical Northwest airlines passenger in Detroit.
The plot to kill the president was uncovered and thwarted by use of some sort oof water "totrture." Now who cares what happened to the guy they "tortured? Not me, in fact, I hope he diesd a horiibly painful death and it was witnessed by other prisoners.

Did you guys see that POS Hussein lauging at the witnesses describing the terror he unleased on Dejayle (sp?)

Whatever it takes.

kenwoodallpromos
12-07-2005, 01:28 AM
Torture (noun)- An act or failure to act so as to extremely embarass someone; "After capture by the American invaders, an act of torture was committed on Saddam Hussein by not shaving him or allowing him to shave."
My solution- Next time send our prisoners to The Barber Of Seville for a shave!LOL!! :cool:

JustRalph
12-07-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm proud to not be a member of that poll.

yep, and once again you are the minority..........just like the election! :D

toetoe
12-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Ralph,

Assuming we can agree on a definition, consensus doesn't make it less revolting. Give me Ralph's thoughts and convince me, not the results of a poll.
The following "prove" how great some things are:

By rule, and through lack of intervention, no black men were allowed to play baseball in America from 1900(?) to 1947. The people spoke.

"Friends" and "Everybody Loves Raymond" are HILARIOUS. Everybody watches. (Shudder.)

Every favorite is the best horse in the race. Two thirds lose because of trouble and stiff jobs. But a plurality of the money is on every favorite. The people can't be wrong.

Secretariat
12-07-2005, 08:32 PM
yep, and once again you are the minority..........just like the election! :D

I'd rather be in the minority if it means being right.

Nice to know that Nobel Prize winners agree.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1661531,00.html

"Pinter demands war crimes trial for Blair

David Fickling
Wednesday December 7, 2005

The Nobel prize-winning playwright Harold Pinter has called for Tony Blair to be tried for war crimes, in his acceptance speech to the Nobel committee.
The 5,000-word speech excoriates the US government over Guantánamo Bay and its attempts to destabilise Nicaragua in the 1980s.

But he saves his most savage comments for the UK, described as "pathetic and supine" and a "bleating little lamb" tagging along behind the US in its support for the Iraq war.

"The invasion of Iraq was a bandit act, an act of blatant state terrorism demonstrating absolute contempt for the concept of international law," he said.

"The invasion was an arbitrary military action inspired by a series of lies upon lies and gross manipulation of the media and therefore of the public ... a formidable assertion of military force responsible for the death and mutilation of thousands and thousands of innocent people.

"We have brought torture, cluster bombs, depleted uranium, innumerable acts of random murder, misery, degradation and death to the Iraqi people, and call it 'bringing freedom and democracy to the Middle East'.""

lsbets
12-07-2005, 08:46 PM
I'd rather be in the minority if it means being right.

Nice to know that Nobel Prize winners agree.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1661531,00.html

"Pinter demands war crimes trial for Blair

David Fickling
Wednesday December 7, 2005

The Nobel prize-winning playwright Harold Pinter has called for Tony Blair to be tried for war crimes, in his acceptance speech to the Nobel committee.
The 5,000-word speech excoriates the US government over Guantánamo Bay and its attempts to destabilise Nicaragua in the 1980s.

But he saves his most savage comments for the UK, described as "pathetic and supine" and a "bleating little lamb" tagging along behind the US in its support for the Iraq war.

"The invasion of Iraq was a bandit act, an act of blatant state terrorism demonstrating absolute contempt for the concept of international law," he said.

"The invasion was an arbitrary military action inspired by a series of lies upon lies and gross manipulation of the media and therefore of the public ... a formidable assertion of military force responsible for the death and mutilation of thousands and thousands of innocent people.

"We have brought torture, cluster bombs, depleted uranium, innumerable acts of random murder, misery, degradation and death to the Iraqi people, and call it 'bringing freedom and democracy to the Middle East'.""

You hold that dude up as someone you are proud to agree with. It speaks volumes about the man you aren't.

kenwoodallpromos
12-07-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm for getting out ASAP, but why you say winner (S) when the story only talks about (1) winner ( )?
Quote from Sec's link: "1958 quote in which he claims that "a thing is not necessarily either true or false"".
Is his quote the inspiration for you claiming the link has more than 1 winner? Relative moralism? LOL!
I you want to reason then be reasonable.

Tom
12-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Nobel Peace Prize, eh?

Didn't Arafat and Kafi Anon win that one too?
Gee, just maybe being a NPP winner doesn't mean you are not still a POS!

Secretariat
12-08-2005, 04:09 AM
I'm for getting out ASAP, but why you say winner (S) when the story only talks about (1) winner ( )?
Quote from Sec's link: "1958 quote in which he claims that "a thing is not necessarily either true or false"".
Is his quote the inspiration for you claiming the link has more than 1 winner? Relative moralism? LOL!
I you want to reason then be reasonable.

Pinter is not the only Nobel Prize winner who has made some of the same assertions. Carter has spoken time and again of Iraq, and he won the award.

cj
12-08-2005, 06:08 AM
Pinter is not the only Nobel Prize winner who has made some of the same assertions. Carter has spoken time and again of Iraq, and he won the award.

Carter is the most laughable President in history. His handling of Iran was a disgrace, so anything he has to say is probably 180 degrees away from what we should be doing.