PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried this service?

highnote
12-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Has anyone tried dailyhandicappingcontests.com?

I clicked on a DRF link for the ad. Today I got an email from DHC inviting me to sign up. Guess, I need to turn off my cookies next time I click on an ad, but don't want junkmail.

Anyway, I read their FAQ page. They claim they shut off the contest at 3 minutes to post so that all contest wagers are visible. Seems to me if you are a good player and they track your play it would be simple for them to bet your horse(s). Maybe that's not a big deal? On the other hand, if you can figure out who the good players are, you could copy their bets into the US pools yourself. Thoughts?

They also say you can cancel bets up to 1 minute until post. If that's true, then not all contest wagers are visible. At any moment a wager could be cancelled, so you don't really know what the wagers are.

Second, they are domiciled in Costa Rica, but I wonder if this type of contest is legal in the US? I see contests every week in the newspaper for pro or college football. I suppose it depends on the rules of the game.

Here's a quote from their site:

"When you're at the track chasing those big pools, the tracks are literally putting their hands in your pockets. They are taking 25% of every dollar you bet into Pick 6 and Pick 4 pools. The average takeout for a contest on DailyHandicappingContests.com is only 16%. That's comparable to most straight wager takeouts."

If you're betting with a rebate shop, you're already beating the 16% takeout. So I don't see the big benefit there.

Plus even if you're betting onshore -- your take is probably only 17% plus your money is onshore and is supporting the horsemen.

The site might be a good idea. It's new, so it's hard for me to know. I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Storm Cadet
12-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Funny you should post this. Last night a good friend of mine gave me the prospectus for investing in this company and I went on their web site.

I also was wondering if anybody here has played on their site yet? I bet Buddha would love this as it's similar to on-line poker.

linrom1
12-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Has anyone tried dailyhandicappingcontests.com?

I clicked on a DRF link for the ad. Today I got an email from DHC inviting me to sign up. Guess, I need to turn off my cookies next time I click on an ad, but don't want junkmail.

I don't think that they got your email by stealing your cookies. It's more likely that they got it from DRF.

highnote
12-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Here's a copy of the email...

Fellow Horse Player,

A friend has referred you to DailyHandicappingContests.com for a reason: It is the world's first site dedicated to thoroughbred handicapping contests.

Think: World Series of Poker with Horses

If you've never experienced the thrill of seeing your name on the Leader Board, you are truly missing out on the newest way to wager on horses.

Hope to see you on our site soon.

Regards,

The Team at DailyHandicappingContests.com

A New Breed of Betting

frenchy
12-06-2005, 09:40 AM
it s a kind of betting exchange !! not legal in usa i think.

highnote
12-06-2005, 09:42 AM
it s a kind of betting exchange !! not legal in usa i think.

Interesting. How is it like a betting exchange -- or do you mean it's like a betting exchange in that it is illegal?

Tatetytiffany
12-06-2005, 11:07 AM
It is a sight that runs daily handicapping contests. It is free for the month of December. January they are going to run cash handicapping contests. I have played it is fun especially for free. Good luck

Marc At DRF
12-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Linrom1 writes:

"I don't think that they got your email by stealing your cookies. It's more likely that they got it from DRF."

No, this would be against our privacy policy. On occasion, with certain racetrack or account wagering partners based here in the U.S., we'll send out an e-mail to our mailing list, to the customers who have agreed to accept these sort of e-mails from us. We send those out internally, without sharing the e-mail addresses with the partners. But we never share anyone's e-mail address with anyone else. Ever. Really.

BW~!
09-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Anybody have any opinion on this site or dealt with him?