PDA

View Full Version : slip of the tongue?

Lefty
12-05-2005, 06:58 PM
You guys constantly berating Bush about slips of the tongue, here's one by Ketty. Or is it?
He said on one of the Sunday Talk shows that Americans should quit going door to door in Iraq, terrorizing women and children. He went on to say that was the Iraquis job.

46zilzal
12-05-2005, 07:18 PM
10. It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way.
9. There's a lot of us getting ready to retire. We're called baby boomers. As a matter of fact, my retirement age is 2,008.
8. I like to tell people, Laura and I are proud to be Texas -- own a Texas ranch, and for us, every day is Earth Day.
7. I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a friend.
6. And so, in my State of the -- my State of the Union -- or state -- my speech to the -- nation, whatever you wanna call it, speech to the nation -- I asked Americans to give 4,000 years -- 4,000 hours over the next -- of the rest of your life -- of service to America. That's what I asked. I said 2 -- 4,000 hours.
5. And, most importantly, Alma Powell, Secretary of Colin Powell, is with us.
4. No question in my mind these are tough times for America. But there's no question in my mind we'll prevail. Right is on our side. And we'll prevail, because we're a fabulous nation, and we're a fabulous nation because we're a nation full of fabulous people.
3. I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right.
2. We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are gettin' out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their -- their love with women all across this country.
1. There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once -- shame on -- shame on you. You fool me, you can't get fooled again.

Lefty
12-05-2005, 07:44 PM
46, the point is we know good ol GW not a slick talker. But give me a man of action over the do nothing's like Clinton and Kerry everytime.
Clinton once said on the Black Tv channel that black people watch as much tcv as reg people do...
No outrage. Funny how the liberals always get a pass.

Tom
12-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Public speaking abilities have no realtion to intelligence, integrity, effectiveness. It just gives the desperate something to use in their never ending search for personal attack fodder. The stuff small minds are made of. Very small minds.

kenwoodallpromos
12-05-2005, 11:21 PM
I still think that is a better way of saying it!
GWB is just making sure the mind-reading Demos cannot tell what he is thinking. In politics it is called principal over preciseness. The last one to do that was Gore B.C. (Before Clinton). :lol:

lsbets
12-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Here's what I wonder about the Kerry statement - he said (paraphrased) that our soldiers are going door to door and terrorizing women and children. We shouldn't be doing that, that's the Iraqis job.

On the one hand, we have John Kerry accusing American soldiers of terrorizing women and children - no surprise there, he's been accusing American soldiers of doing all sorts of things since Vietnam. On the other hand, he doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with terrorizing women and children, he would just prefer that the Iraqis do it.

I could see him now - I was for terrorizing women and children before I was against it.

Tom
12-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Kerry's head is so far up his ass it looks normal!

No wonder the libs are against the war - think it can't be won. Libs never win anything! :D