PDA

View Full Version : Data Entry Program

ironeyes
12-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Hi guys,

i am looking for a data entry handicapping program which also has a data storage component to it. For example, after keying in the necessary data, one click of the button will store the data and these figures will be drawn out for analysis later. Would would be great if there it is an all encompassing program. And i do know of the current advance programs which uses downloaded sheets. Those are not suitable for me. Thanks for any advice given.

JustRalph
12-05-2005, 06:28 PM
you ever heard of a database? There are some sharp database types on this board..........maybe they can chime in

Vegas711
12-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Typing in information is ancient history, today all info should be downloaded automatically into a program.The thought of typing in fractional times and beaten lenghts ever again would be a nightmare.

ironeyes
12-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Thats exactly what i had in mind!! But i just cant find a way to go bout doing it and reproducing the info when the cards are out with analysis. Sounds ancient but thats the only way i can do it. Please help me guys if u have the expertise or experience. I will appreciate it very much.

:bang:

Vegas711
12-06-2005, 03:38 AM
What exactly are you looking to Do? Are you looking at taking info from the racing form, result charts ? If you can provide an example you may get what you are looking for. Depending upon what you want there are more than one way of doing it.

bobbyb
12-06-2005, 03:54 AM
Ironeyes

There's an individual that I know who uses All-in-One5 - older software for sure, but he seems to do ok with it. He manually enters data for only the races he's interested in. I think he upgrades the Pars for it each year. Cheap way to go to avoid high download costs, if money is an issue. I know it has some modelling features, and (not 100% sure) db capabilities. Do a search here for it. Maybe Kitts can help you out.

bobbyb

ironeyes
12-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi Vegas and Bobby,

i am looking at inputing the results charts with comments and their call positions.

Date-class-distance-surface-course-type-going-price-number-horsename-gear-weight-jockey-barrier-comments-beatenlengths-positional calls-and the pace stuff such as ep/ap/sp/++++++++++ that i can think of. I am looking at a master sheet to put this info in for step 1, step 2) transfer the info with a click to the database/sheet step 3) when cards are out, i draw the info out for analysis. That's about all. But i don have the expertise to do it although it is probably child's play for some of the experience guys here. appreciate further comments or help.

Bobby, i found the post. Will see where i get on from there.

Thanks guys..

shanta
12-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Hi Vegas and Bobby,

i am looking at inputing the results charts with comments and their call positions.

Date-class-distance-surface-course-type-going-price-number-horsename-gear-weight-jockey-barrier-comments-beatenlengths-positional calls-and the pace stuff such as ep/ap/sp/++++++++++ that i can think of. I am looking at a master sheet to put this info in for step 1, step 2) transfer the info with a click to the database/sheet step 3) when cards are out, i draw the info out for analysis. That's about all. But i don have the expertise to do it although it is probably child's play for some of the experience guys here. appreciate further comments or help.

Bobby, i found the post. Will see where i get on from there.

Thanks guys..

Hi Iron,
I got your Pm. The Excel workbook I made was for a specfic Sartin program that just modeled some corrolaries for THAT software.

It is definitely NOT what you are looking for after reading your posts on this thread. Not even close.

I hope you find what you are looking for!

All the best,

Richie

JustRalph
12-06-2005, 01:07 PM
You might want to look at Equisim

Specificallly the "profiler" portion of the application

Vegas711
12-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Contact Matt Thomas at smertsoftware@comcast.net

He has written several programs for me including downloading result charts.

Be specific in your instructions to him, this will save you a lot of time, he is good and honest i have delt with him for the last 4 years, i never have had a problem.

You may need to use result charts from either posttime or BRIS? check with him on this, I use Posttime result charts I get ALL the tracks for the entire month for $ 75.

kitts
12-06-2005, 04:26 PM
My name was mentioned in reference to All-In-One V5. A nice feature of All-In-One is the manual entry option. Or you can subscribe to HDW and download their data. This works fine if you are happy with All-In-One but is sounds like you are not seeking a handicapping program as much as a flexible database. If you are looking for a handicapping program, I recommend All-In-One as I have used it succesfully for many years and it does chew the numbers nicely

BIG49010
12-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Who sells Posttime results?

Thanks

shanta
12-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Who sells Posttime results?

Thanks

http://www.posttimedaily.com/

Richie

ironeyes
12-07-2005, 06:15 AM
Thanks people for the suggestions. I will run through the options suggested and move on from there.

Ironeyes

BIG49010
12-07-2005, 02:52 PM
post-time told me they only sell charts at .75 per chart, could you tell me how you get $75 per month?

Vegas711
12-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Subscribe to their unlimited plan, thats what i do.

Alan Wight
12-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Subscribe to their unlimited plan, thats what i do.

I've seen allusions to a Post Time Solution monthly/unlimited plan in a couple of threads here, but haven't seen any mention that they don't offer this anymore, at least to new customers.

Regarding the availability of affordable comma-delimited results files that include all the information that handicappers need: has anyone written to each of the providers indicating the shortcomings of their products.