PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 14

Valuist
12-05-2005, 02:46 PM
2-2 last week, 37-31 on season

St. Louis +7 over MINN. This is as much of a play against Minnesota than a play on St. Louis. Their win streak has included 2 wins over the Packers and Lions each, the Browns and Giants. OK, the Giants are a solid team but the Vikings benefitted from every break; 3 returns for touchdowns that day as they were totally dominated on the line of scrimmage that week. Sooner or later, the Vikings good fortune will run out.

Valuist
12-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Bears +6 over Pitt- this game fits the low total/decent size spread angle (6 pts is the minimum w/a total of 37 or less). Must win game for Pittsburgh but really good teams don't find themselves in must-win games. And Pitt could still win the game 16-13 or 17-14 and not cover the wager. The Bears have the better defense and Pittsburgh appears to be a bit off form, although they've lost to 2 of the best teams in the NFL the past 2 weeks.

Valuist
12-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Dog madness will continue.....

Houston +6 1/2 over TENN. Tennessee shouldn't be laying 6 1/2 to anybody. Houston has got the money the last 2 weeks and probably should've won both games. They haven't quit. This one will probably go over as both teams have two of the worst pass defenses around.

JACKSONVILLE +9 1/2 over Indy. They finally made me do it....go against the Colts. Jax played them very tough in Indy earlier in the season.....9 and a half points to a good team in a divisional game makes the dog a must use here. The pressure for 16-0 might be enough for the Colts to blow a cover, even if they get the win.

BetHorses!
12-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Dog madness will continue.....

God, I hope so

Valuist
12-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Washington -3 1/2 over ARIZ. I'll let 1 fave win this week. Good matchup for Skins here.

Hou/Tenn OVER 44--Two very weak pass defenses here; How bad? Here are opposing QB numbers against these two defenses:

vs Houston 106 QB rating 20 TD passes 4 INT
vs Tenn 100 QB rating 25 TD passes 8 INT

SAL
12-09-2005, 10:42 PM
I like:

Tampa Bay/Carolina Under 36-TB has only given up one TD in the last 2 weeks and that was after a fumble at their one yard line. 8 of TB's last 10 road games have gone under. Both teams have stronger D's than offense.

New England/Buffalo Under 37-Expect less than optimal conditions in Buffalo this weekend. Bills will be without Eric Moulds and you can expect a heavy dose of running from both teams.

Jacksonville +9-The Jags play Indy tough. The first meeting was a 10-3 loss when Indy was held scoreless for the first 52 minutes. New QB Gerrard adds another dimension as he is more mobile than Leftwich. I think that the Jags will keep it close if not win this outright.

Valuist
12-12-2005, 12:25 PM
3-3 on the week

40-34 on the season